Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: insomnia / restless sleep

Yeah it does, I also get worried about sleeeping, i only had a few hours last night, and was in a smokey pub for a bit, so i have a sore throat and my chest aches, which then makes me anxious!

I don't go out anymore really, because i worry about the next day, if i do go out, i make sure the next day is free, so i can lay in bed if i want!!

It's a vicious circle!! Worry about not sleeping, causes us not to sleep, which causes us to worry, blah blah!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I worry about not sleeping and feeling too tired the next day. I went out last night and didnt get to sleep till 3.00 am and only had about 4 hours because I was so hyper so im feeling a little anxious today. I didn't drink last night and really feel like Ive got a hangover too, I don't smoke either and it was so smokey last night im not sure whether thats got anything to do with it..

Yeha I have tried quite a few differnt breathing techniques but what really helps me is progresssive muscle relaxation.

It would make me feel alot better if there was someone there next to me whilst I slept. I've had to move back home for a year so im back with my parents. If I do have a bad night my dad always sits with me and calms me down which is great..

It sounds like we have quite a few smilar symptoms..

Replying to:

I too sleep badly after a night out, and i find that the morning after i feel like i have a hangover, and i don't drink!! I think it's lack of sleep.

I have always taken ages too get to sleep, this just doesn't help!!

Have you tried breathing techniques?

Maybe because you have to do so much to wind down, you're thinking about it too much, causing your brain to be working instead of relaxing.

I make my boyfriend stay over when i feel extra bad, then i can relax and realise that if anything went wrong when i was asleep, he'd notice and be able to do something.

If you can't have some-one stay with you, maybe (if you live at home, or with some-one) you can ask the person you live with to look in on you if they're still awake, maybe this will relax you.

Do you know what you worry about?

Replying to:

Hi Kerry,

Yeah I go to bed about 11.00 now and try and focus on an evening of relaxtion before hand, bath, relaxation tape, warm milk. I find that when I get disrupted from the routine my sleep isn't as good. Tonight for instance I've got dance class which I really have to go to but it doesn't finish till 9.00 and tommorow im supposed to be going out for a friedns birthday so won't be home till the early hours. I find when I've been on a night out ( which is a rare occasion, but im doing it more ofton) my sleep is really disrupted as I have so much adrenline going through my body.. I too normally wake about the same time you do, but can go off to sleep again quite happily.

Let me know if there's anything else I can try

bebe

Replying to:

When i'm tired, i'm at my most anxious too, i think that the more you worry it's going to happen, the more it will happen, if you expect it it will come!!

I go to bed @ 10/10.30 now ( a rare occurance in my better days!) and wake every morning at 4.30/5.30 for a couple of hours, worrying, thinking too much, thirsty!! I try not too think too much when i wake early, because that starts the adrenelin, and who can sleep with that stuff coursing through your body?!

Try relaxation techniques, tapes, etc. And try and wind yourself down when you want to sleep, read a book, don't watch TV or Listen to loud or fast music, as this stimulates your mind, and you don't want that if you want to sleep!

Good Luck!

Replying to:

Hi,

As of late my sleep has gradually returned back to normal. However not so long ago I went for three weeks only sleeping for four hours every 3/4 nights if that, as a result of anxiety. It was the worse time in my life because I felt like I was dying and I had no control over it. Everytime I wanted to go to sleep I'd just end up covered in sweat and developed huge chest pains and begun to hyperventerlate.

I was just wondering if anybody else had been through a similar and terrfying experience. Although my sleep has got alot better I still find myself in the evening worrying occasionally if im going to get to bed that night ok.

It would be great to talk to people if they have been through any similar sleep disturbances as I find loss of sleep the most anxiety provoking trigger, for me anyway..

love Bebe xx