Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
its all good

Hey,

Yes im all smiles because the date when excellent and there have been a few others to follow it up. I was straight out and told him about my anxiety and couldn't have recieved a better response.. He was really understanding and supportive and he said to me he had been through depression so he sort of knows what im going through.. We get on really well and im really happy...Thanks for all your advice..

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I agree, i've been dating throughout my anxiety, and have told my boyfriends up front, and when i started getting worse, i explained to my boyf how this affected me and what to expect and what he can do to help, i also explained that if this was a problem i understood if he didn't want to go any further. He stuck by me, and we're good, if this guy dpoesn't, then just think, you are what you are, and you are doing you're best, if he can't deal with it, find a stronger man who can!!

Good luck, everyone has nerves, it's how much you let them control your life that's the difficulty!!

Replying to:

Hi there. It may help if you talk to this guy about how you are feeling. Does he know that you suffer? I found that hiding my illness made me worse cos then I had to come up with stupid excuses for not doing certain things. Honesty may alleviate the stress that you are putting yourself under.

I think it is great that you have met someone and I hope it all works out ok. Where are you going to go on Sunday?

Look at this as a positive step towards recovery. This guy could not only change your outlook on life and make you happy, but he could also be someone to help you with the problems.

Let us know how it goes

Replying to:

Hi Everyone,

I've just started getting my life back on track again. I'm seem to have got myself into a comfortable and predicatable daily routnie that i'm happy with. However I went out the other night and met a guy ( I've known him for a while) we get on really well and I really like him and I know he feels the same. Were going out on sunday and i'm seeing him tonight and I know it could be the start of something really good..

The only problem is, is that it terrfiys me. Not only has it been a really long time since I've been out on a date and liked someone this much, its causing me bugger loads of anxiety as I don't know whats gonna happen between us and I don't wanna get hurt. However I don't wanna do the easy thing and avoid the situation because yet again my ocd is stopping me from doing something I wanna do..

I went and saw my cognitive therapist yesteray to discuss new ways of thinking about the situation which helped. He says its the fear of the uncertain which is making me feel this way, but I have to accept life is uncertian. I can't control everything.. But I'm realy unsure what to do. My sleeps been disturbed, my appettie as gone down and i'm feeling quite anxious.

If you have any advice then I would be really appreciative..

A very confused bebe xxx

Re: its all good

That's brilliant!! Good luck, hope it all goes well for you, most people i speak to about my anxiety admit that they've been through it themselves, just not as badly, they just don't admit it!

Replying to:

Hey,

Yes im all smiles because the date when excellent and there have been a few others to follow it up. I was straight out and told him about my anxiety and couldn't have recieved a better response.. He was really understanding and supportive and he said to me he had been through depression so he sort of knows what im going through.. We get on really well and im really happy...Thanks for all your advice..

Replying to:

I agree, i've been dating throughout my anxiety, and have told my boyfriends up front, and when i started getting worse, i explained to my boyf how this affected me and what to expect and what he can do to help, i also explained that if this was a problem i understood if he didn't want to go any further. He stuck by me, and we're good, if this guy dpoesn't, then just think, you are what you are, and you are doing you're best, if he can't deal with it, find a stronger man who can!!

Good luck, everyone has nerves, it's how much you let them control your life that's the difficulty!!

Replying to:

Hi there. It may help if you talk to this guy about how you are feeling. Does he know that you suffer? I found that hiding my illness made me worse cos then I had to come up with stupid excuses for not doing certain things. Honesty may alleviate the stress that you are putting yourself under.

I think it is great that you have met someone and I hope it all works out ok. Where are you going to go on Sunday?

Look at this as a positive step towards recovery. This guy could not only change your outlook on life and make you happy, but he could also be someone to help you with the problems.

Let us know how it goes

Replying to:

Hi Everyone,

I've just started getting my life back on track again. I'm seem to have got myself into a comfortable and predicatable daily routnie that i'm happy with. However I went out the other night and met a guy ( I've known him for a while) we get on really well and I really like him and I know he feels the same. Were going out on sunday and i'm seeing him tonight and I know it could be the start of something really good..

The only problem is, is that it terrfiys me. Not only has it been a really long time since I've been out on a date and liked someone this much, its causing me bugger loads of anxiety as I don't know whats gonna happen between us and I don't wanna get hurt. However I don't wanna do the easy thing and avoid the situation because yet again my ocd is stopping me from doing something I wanna do..

I went and saw my cognitive therapist yesteray to discuss new ways of thinking about the situation which helped. He says its the fear of the uncertain which is making me feel this way, but I have to accept life is uncertian. I can't control everything.. But I'm realy unsure what to do. My sleeps been disturbed, my appettie as gone down and i'm feeling quite anxious.

A very confused bebe xxx

Re: its all good

I am really pleased to hear that - well done and keep up the good work. Let's hope that a little happiness goes a long way towards your recovery as well!

Replying to:

Hey,

Replying to:

Replying to:

Let us know how it goes

Replying to:

Hi Everyone,

A very confused bebe xxx

Re: I really need your advice

Hi Bebe - this is a late response as today is Monday and your date was Sunday but I wanted to reply to you! I think it is very important not to avoid situations that may be considered stressful - easier said than done I know! I have been with my boyfriend for three years now and he has been a great support, my rock! This date may be the start of something good - go with it!

Let us know how it went (edited highlights)

Jo

xxxx

Replying to:

Hi Everyone,

A very confused bebe xxx