Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: If i can do it so can u!!

Hi Kerry

Well done for that - you should be proud of yourself. I do try to praise myself but sometimes I tend to look on the negative side and not the positive side of "well you did it". But I agree - practice makes perfect.

I am sure that has helped you no end in getting some confidence back

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I travelled 3 hours to visit a relative who is dying on Saturday, and 3 hours back with NO anxiety, NO panic, i was a bit anxious about the journey, but we even stopped for half an hour for lunch in a cafe on the way back. ( I don't even like going out for lunch in my home town, it feels like i HAVE to stay, can't panic, which in turn causes me to panic!)

I think it goes to show, If we push ourselves to do something we're scared of doing, no matter how hard it is, once we've done it we'll look back and say, that wasn't too bad, and it'll give us the confidence to do more.

All we need is will power and the strength of heart and mind.

Re: Re: If i can do it so can u!!

You are so right, my panic is in cars, trains and so on and so on today Im going to see friends in Derby and have been dreading the train journey but I am going...I have a life and I'm going to get on with it..So what if I feel uncomfortable for a little while it passess and them I okay, I understand what they mean by empowerment!...good luck for future journeys! x Shelley

Replying to:

Hi Kerry

Well done for that - you should be proud of yourself. I do try to praise myself but sometimes I tend to look on the negative side and not the positive side of "well you did it". But I agree - practice makes perfect.

I am sure that has helped you no end in getting some confidence back

Replying to:

I travelled 3 hours to visit a relative who is dying on Saturday, and 3 hours back with NO anxiety, NO panic, i was a bit anxious about the journey, but we even stopped for half an hour for lunch in a cafe on the way back. ( I don't even like going out for lunch in my home town, it feels like i HAVE to stay, can't panic, which in turn causes me to panic!)

I think it goes to show, If we push ourselves to do something we're scared of doing, no matter how hard it is, once we've done it we'll look back and say, that wasn't too bad, and it'll give us the confidence to do more.

All we need is will power and the strength of heart and mind.