Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: hello

Hi

I have never really got over my panic attacks and I struggle to come to terms with them when they happen. I stopped suffering last year and thought that was it. But - they still come back to haunt me over and over again. I am a fighter but this illness is very, very powerful and seems to take over everything doesn't it?

I know how bad you feel and probably how angry as well but you must keep going and keep trying. I used to think that the panic only happened when I was depressed/miserable but my life is fine now and I still suffer. I guess we will never know what triggers it will we?

You can get better - you have to believe that - I am trying to believe it too!

Take care

Nic

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

last night i had a huge panic attack..it's not the first time and i know it won't be the last.however, it is the first time my son (now has ever witnessed me going through one. when i am going through one i usually call my best friend or brother. i need to hear someone's voice talking me down. i have been through therapy and it was good. i was able to finish two degrees and am now working in the health care profession. i have ,somewhat, accepted that panic is part of who i am but in the end, when it's happening, i am so scared, so terrified, so unreasonable that i am just exhausted knowing that it may never end.

i don't do well with relaxation techniques (i focus on my heart rate and Boom! off i go) and during therapy i decided that i did want medication and i needed it for myself. it's rivotril 2xday and i am really ok with that and i do know the literature on it and i am followed by my GP.

Back then i could accept that i had panic attacks but why now..everything is really good in my life. i know there is no answer and i really appreciated everything i read on this site because it did acknowledge that sometimes there is no reason, no explanation and it is very true.

i was diagnosed with panic disorder 7 years ago and now that it has hit me hard again i am asking all the same questions and just feeling really vulnerable and inadequate..so i just needed to send this out and I thank you just for being here.

i know right now i will be anticipating the next one and maybe it will come and it will be horrible but i'll be ok

the crazy thing is that you would think after having as many as i have had i would know by now that "it's just a panic attack"...wow are they powerful but i know i can be more powerful. thanks so much again for just giving me a safe space to write.

Re: Re: hello

Dear Nic,

It has been a few days since I wrote and so far no other panics...so far. Like you and so many others I find myself at different moments of my life struggling to get through the attacks and the desire to know "WHY?!" I have this incredible need to know why i get them and why now? and what triggered it? Besides the experience itself I find not having any answers really difficult to accept.

Mostly though, I wanted to thank you for your encouragement and support. Most of my closest friends and all my family know but unless you have been through it's hard to express what it is like and the after effects of it all.

This is really a great site that you have provided and I think I'll read a bit more to see how others are getting through...Thumbs up to all of you...it takes so much courage just to get through just one panic attack let alone a stream of them. take care, M.

Replying to:

Hi

I have never really got over my panic attacks and I struggle to come to terms with them when they happen. I stopped suffering last year and thought that was it. But - they still come back to haunt me over and over again. I am a fighter but this illness is very, very powerful and seems to take over everything doesn't it?

I know how bad you feel and probably how angry as well but you must keep going and keep trying. I used to think that the panic only happened when I was depressed/miserable but my life is fine now and I still suffer. I guess we will never know what triggers it will we?

Take care

Nic

Replying to:

last night i had a huge panic attack..it's not the first time and i know it won't be the last.however, it is the first time my son (now has ever witnessed me going through one. when i am going through one i usually call my best friend or brother. i need to hear someone's voice talking me down. i have been through therapy and it was good. i was able to finish two degrees and am now working in the health care profession. i have ,somewhat, accepted that panic is part of who i am but in the end, when it's happening, i am so scared, so terrified, so unreasonable that i am just exhausted knowing that it may never end.

i don't do well with relaxation techniques (i focus on my heart rate and Boom! off i go) and during therapy i decided that i did want medication and i needed it for myself. it's rivotril 2xday and i am really ok with that and i do know the literature on it and i am followed by my GP.

Back then i could accept that i had panic attacks but why now..everything is really good in my life. i know there is no answer and i really appreciated everything i read on this site because it did acknowledge that sometimes there is no reason, no explanation and it is very true.

i was diagnosed with panic disorder 7 years ago and now that it has hit me hard again i am asking all the same questions and just feeling really vulnerable and inadequate..so i just needed to send this out and I thank you just for being here.

i know right now i will be anticipating the next one and maybe it will come and it will be horrible but i'll be ok

the crazy thing is that you would think after having as many as i have had i would know by now that "it's just a panic attack"...wow are they powerful but i know i can be more powerful. thanks so much again for just giving me a safe space to write.

Re: Re: Re: hello

Hi again

I am glad to hear that you have had no more panics - that is good

I can drive up the A1 one day and be fine and then the next day I am

freaking out and panicking. I believe it depends on how I feel at the

time -.e.g. tired, irritable,happy,calm etc

I still don't know why I suffer and I will never accept that this has taken

over my life so I fight it all the while but if truth be known, I think I am

going to be a sufferer for many years to come yet!

I hide my illness from most people - even some friends cos I am embarrassed

about it but I guess that is natural.

I wrote the site cos no-one seemed to be able to help me and I wanted to

reach out to people and help them. I am glad you like it. Please keep coming

back and email me to tell me how you are doing.

Take care and hope it is panic free

Nic

Replying to:

Dear Nic,

It has been a few days since I wrote and so far no other panics...so far. Like you and so many others I find myself at different moments of my life struggling to get through the attacks and the desire to know "WHY?!" I have this incredible need to know why i get them and why now? and what triggered it? Besides the experience itself I find not having any answers really difficult to accept.

Mostly though, I wanted to thank you for your encouragement and support. Most of my closest friends and all my family know but unless you have been through it's hard to express what it is like and the after effects of it all.

This is really a great site that you have provided and I think I'll read a bit more to see how others are getting through...Thumbs up to all of you...it takes so much courage just to get through just one panic attack let alone a stream of them. take care, M.

Replying to:

Hi

Take care

Nic

Replying to:

thanks so much...and question!

Thank so much for your response. The week was ok but I felt one coming on again on wednesday so i called my brother and as we talked on the phone it went away and i was able to sleep. mine always come on at night at bedtime. i have tried to understand why and i just think that is when i feel the most vulnerable. nothing really bad ever happened at night to connect this panic i have i guess i just it's when i'm most hypervigilent or something.

how do you deal with it? what are your symptoms like? the most horrible for me is the racing heart rate and of course the closing of the throat sensation is always so insane..anyway i could only say all this here because for me it's all been said with my family, close friends and yeah i needed therapy for a while ( and it did help a lot) because I thought I was going out of my mind . It's just so hard to accept that I may have to live with this forever...oh man.

I do have a question..I am taking rivotril and for some crazy reason i thought it meant that you wouldn't have anymore panic attacks but i have had them as you know..so can people who are on meds for panic/anxiety still have attacks? I asked my doctor about it and he asked me if i believed that i was helping the medication or if i believed the medication was helping me?.....i get what he was asking but now i just want to know...can you have panic attacks when you are on a medication to reduce them?

sorry it's so long again...thanks again and Nic i really admire you for starting this page up. you have no idea how much i have benefited from reading all the material. it does help very much Thanks

Replying to:

Hi again

I am glad to hear that you have had no more panics - that is good

I can drive up the A1 one day and be fine and then the next day I am

freaking out and panicking. I believe it depends on how I feel at the

time -.e.g. tired, irritable,happy,calm etc

I still don't know why I suffer and I will never accept that this has taken

over my life so I fight it all the while but if truth be known, I think I am

going to be a sufferer for many years to come yet!

I hide my illness from most people - even some friends cos I am embarrassed

about it but I guess that is natural.

I wrote the site cos no-one seemed to be able to help me and I wanted to

reach out to people and help them. I am glad you like it. Please keep coming

back and email me to tell me how you are doing.

Take care and hope it is panic free

Nic

Replying to:

Dear Nic,

Replying to:

Hi

Take care

Nic

Replying to: