Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can anyone help?

Hi

My name is Crystal and I am 25, I am writing this as I don't really know which way to turn - I could do with some advise from someone who actually feels like I do!

I started to experience anxiety and panic attacks about 7 yrs ago after my boyfriend disappeared, I went to my doctor and was put onto antidepressants.

To cut a very long story short I have been on and off of antidepressants for the past seven years and always felt safe and secure in taking them also receiving counselling.

During the last year I have had some major life changes during this time i was not receiving treatment. In oct 2002 everything came to an abrupt halt, I went back to the doctors who prescribed me seroxat (they made me worse) then effexor, cipramil, beta blockers, until in the end I ended up back on seroxat and was referred to a therapist. We

have been using cognitive therapy and she has been very

good and supportive. I was referred to see a psychiatrist in jan 2003 and was changed over to Zispin which made me

feel terrible and I could not tolerate them. I then

had a 3 week break from all medication and felt really uplifted but still having anxiety and panic attacks

when out (I think I felt relieved to not be on the Zispin). Two weeks ago I went back to see the psychiatrist and was prescribed Lustral. I started taking them and since then I have felt myself go down hill badly, I cant even go out of the house! I have all the effects of a panic attack and continous anxiety, I am paranoid about going out, I feel

sick, I am tired but cant sleep, I have a dry mouth and

cant stop my jaw from moving (sucking with my tongue through my teeth!!!), uncontrollable sweating and feeling down.

Basically I dont know whether to give it up now, my therapist said I could if I wanted to but my Psychiatrist, my mother, friends think that I should give it at least another 2 weeks. I dont know what to do???????????????? I feel I am being treated for anxiety and panick but in fact I am just creating all the symptoms in the medication I am

taking!!!!!!!!! Do the symptoms go away or not,? am I just being soft? I dont know

Any advise would be a help

Thanks Crystal x

Re: Can anyone help?

Hiya Crystal

In my own personal experience medication didnt do me any good..although i didnt try tham all..only cipramil and that made me feel like a zombie..im also 25 and the past 5 years ive had no medication at all....what i have done is cut down on drinking...jeeees i couldnt speak to anyone or leave the house with a hangover...my nerves were totally shot!...much better without alcohol now...i also gave up smoking...i have no idea if that helps anxiety but i thought id add that to be a smug git

I am by no means the way i would like to be...im still anxious and painfully shy..i avoid going out alot etc...another thing i have found with anxiety is that it comes in waves...i have been fine for a few months before and then it all comes back with a bang.

Dont really know what im trying to say here to be honest...good eh!...i think maybe you could try without meds for a while and see what happens...personally i prefer to try and control it myself..that maybe the wrong way i dont know..but thats just my personal experience

Sorry if that is of no help at all!..but dont ever think you are alone in feeling as you do..theres loads of us!!...feel free to e mail me if ya want another pointless answer ...no really dont hesitate if ya want

Woody

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi

My name is Crystal and I am 25, I am writing this as I don't really know which way to turn - I could do with some advise from someone who actually feels like I do!

I started to experience anxiety and panic attacks about 7 yrs ago after my boyfriend disappeared, I went to my doctor and was put onto antidepressants.

To cut a very long story short I have been on and off of antidepressants for the past seven years and always felt safe and secure in taking them also receiving counselling.

During the last year I have had some major life changes during this time i was not receiving treatment. In oct 2002 everything came to an abrupt halt, I went back to the doctors who prescribed me seroxat (they made me worse) then effexor, cipramil, beta blockers, until in the end I ended up back on seroxat and was referred to a therapist. We

good and supportive. I was referred to see a psychiatrist in jan 2003 and was changed over to Zispin which made me

had a 3 week break from all medication and felt really uplifted but still having anxiety and panic attacks

when out (I think I felt relieved to not be on the Zispin). Two weeks ago I went back to see the psychiatrist and was prescribed Lustral. I started taking them and since then I have felt myself go down hill badly, I cant even go out of the house! I have all the effects of a panic attack and continous anxiety, I am paranoid about going out, I feel

cant stop my jaw from moving (sucking with my tongue through my teeth!!!), uncontrollable sweating and feeling down.

Basically I dont know whether to give it up now, my therapist said I could if I wanted to but my Psychiatrist, my mother, friends think that I should give it at least another 2 weeks. I dont know what to do???????????????? I feel I am being treated for anxiety and panick but in fact I am just creating all the symptoms in the medication I am

taking!!!!!!!!! Do the symptoms go away or not,? am I just being soft? I dont know

Thanks Crystal x

Re: Re: Can anyone help?

Hi Crystal,

I am suffering too, I am on Cipramil and for 4mths it worked, and now I am back to stage one.

I am also 25 and I am dispairing of ever feeling better, sorry I know you needed advice but I do too.

i would like to try therepy, my docter has told me that I have to sort it out in my own head.

yeah so thats the kind of help I am getting, anyway e-mail me if you like I could do with someone who knows what its like

all the best

Dawn

Replying to:

Hiya Crystal

In my own personal experience medication didnt do me any good..although i didnt try tham all..only cipramil and that made me feel like a zombie..im also 25 and the past 5 years ive had no medication at all....what i have done is cut down on drinking...jeeees i couldnt speak to anyone or leave the house with a hangover...my nerves were totally shot!...much better without alcohol now...i also gave up smoking...i have no idea if that helps anxiety but i thought id add that to be a smug git

I am by no means the way i would like to be...im still anxious and painfully shy..i avoid going out alot etc...another thing i have found with anxiety is that it comes in waves...i have been fine for a few months before and then it all comes back with a bang.

Dont really know what im trying to say here to be honest...good eh!...i think maybe you could try without meds for a while and see what happens...personally i prefer to try and control it myself..that maybe the wrong way i dont know..but thats just my personal experience

Sorry if that is of no help at all!..but dont ever think you are alone in feeling as you do..theres loads of us!!...feel free to e mail me if ya want another pointless answer ...no really dont hesitate if ya want

Woody

Replying to:

Hi

Thanks Crystal x