Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new here, hello!

Hiya, I've had panioc attacks and anxiety for 3 years now, it comes and goes in waves, sometimes i have months without it! If you write a diary, you might notice a pattern, like maybe you're not eating or sleeping properly, etc.

Don't worry, people are more understanding than you think, just ask for help

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi everyone, just saying hi, i started having panic attacks in dec 02, 1st one in asda, horrible panicky feelings, breathing all over the place,stomach churning an a urgent need for the toilet,i left the store in tears and cryed all the way home. this pattern has followed in similar places, and i dont go out that far no more, i tryed to perserve but the humilation of urgently needing the toilet, has made the fear of going out worse, its a symptom i cant control. ive had to leave college as couldnt risk it happening there. just want my life back, like everyone else, went to dr gave me anti depressents, had to stop because found out im pregnant, so now i have no help, just feel alone and not sure what help i need to get through this, scared 5 months will turn into years, thanks for listening vicki x

Re: Re: new here, hello!

Hi Vicki - you are not alone - I have suffered with panic attacks and anxiety for a year now! At the beginning I never thought I would lead a "normal life" - I felt so unwell - I had to leave my university course! I now can control my panicky feelings without it developing into a panic attack - breathing correctly is sooooooooo important!

I am currently on medication (citroplam) and have regular contact with my G.P as I am gradually coming off these tablets. Medication is not for everyone but it has certainly helped me, along with my breathing exercises.

Keep posting your messages and maybe visit the chat room - you then realise there are others in the same boat!

Take care

Jo

Replying to:

Hiya, I've had panioc attacks and anxiety for 3 years now, it comes and goes in waves, sometimes i have months without it! If you write a diary, you might notice a pattern, like maybe you're not eating or sleeping properly, etc.

Don't worry, people are more understanding than you think, just ask for help

Replying to:

Hi everyone, just saying hi, i started having panic attacks in dec 02, 1st one in asda, horrible panicky feelings, breathing all over the place,stomach churning an a urgent need for the toilet,i left the store in tears and cryed all the way home. this pattern has followed in similar places, and i dont go out that far no more, i tryed to perserve but the humilation of urgently needing the toilet, has made the fear of going out worse, its a symptom i cant control. ive had to leave college as couldnt risk it happening there. just want my life back, like everyone else, went to dr gave me anti depressents, had to stop because found out im pregnant, so now i have no help, just feel alone and not sure what help i need to get through this, scared 5 months will turn into years, thanks for listening vicki x

Re: Re: Re: new here, hello!

hi viki i have suffered from anxiety for about ten years now, i am considering getting citroplam from my doctor, but i am scared to take them incase i get side effects.just wondered if your anti depressents were citroplam. linda x

Re: new here, hello! [nt]

Replying to: