Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HELP! Panic Attacks in Work Meetings

Hi

I have suffered the same problem especially in meetings at work and as you now know you develop a phobia about that situation. I can now control the matter and don't have attacks in meetings, that isn't to say that I don't at times have the fear and thge butterflies during a meeting.

The way I get thorugh it is:

Attend meetings and face up to it, hard but only way to beat the fear

Practice diaphramatic breathing before and during the meeting, by this you will not hyperventilate and have no chance whatsever of fainting.

Obtain a copy of Feel the Fear and do it Anyway by susan jeffers.

Try a search on the net for diviniti publishing they do some good hypnotherapy tapes thatw ill help.

Try to relax and stick at it !

Neal

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi people I'm new here and have a nasty problem.

Once i was feeling unwell at a meeting at work and passed out in front of all my colleagues - very embarrassing - and of course you have the mickey taken out of you for some time after that for it.

Since then I get worked up and have a serious panic attack WHENEVER I got in to a meeting. I find it hard to breath, feel tense, anxious, like I have to escape, and worse, I feel incredibly faint.

I now have a fear of going in meetings as its getting worse and worse all the time.

I need help. Anyone else been in this situation?

Re: HELP! Panic Attacks in Work Meetings

I understand for me it is shopping queues which is so awful because I gotta eat so I go early morning shopping. I find deep slow breathing helps a certain amount as panic attacks give u rapid breath. And a calming phrase repeated in your head as a distraction. Also a tip is a personal stereo helps good for soothing calm music. Also b4 going out sit with eyes closed repeat a calming phrase in ur head and do controlled breathing. Main one is reduce alchol even tea and coffee can have some affect. Hope that helps email me if these tips work for u or anyone else. Also more tips are very welcome.

kind regards Andy

cooolandrew2@hotmail.com

Replying to:

Once i was feeling unwell at a meeting at work and passed out in front of all my colleagues - very embarrassing - and of course you have the mickey taken out of you for some time after that for it.

Since then I get worked up and have a serious panic attack WHENEVER I got in to a meeting. I find it hard to breath, feel tense, anxious, like I have to escape, and worse, I feel incredibly faint.

I now have a fear of going in meetings as its getting worse and worse all the time.

Re: Re: HELP! Panic Attacks in Work Meetings

Hi there

Please try and post these messages on the new Message forum as this one is now shutdown

Cheers

go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum

Replying to:

I understand for me it is shopping queues which is so awful because I gotta eat so I go early morning shopping. I find deep slow breathing helps a certain amount as panic attacks give u rapid breath. And a calming phrase repeated in your head as a distraction. Also a tip is a personal stereo helps good for soothing calm music. Also b4 going out sit with eyes closed repeat a calming phrase in ur head and do controlled breathing. Main one is reduce alchol even tea and coffee can have some affect. Hope that helps email me if these tips work for u or anyone else. Also more tips are very welcome.

kind regards Andy

cooolandrew2@hotmail.com

Replying to: