Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PA

Hi Steph

I wouldnt say I was a stress head, and mine came out of the blue driving back from Chester after a rather boozy night out, that was over 2 years ago and I still suffer - I have had nearly all the symptoms associated with PA - the only advice I can give you is when it starts happening (if it happens again) just try and think of something nice, a place a person a smell anything - I know it's difficult when you think that you're going to die...if you get past what they call the kindling process - when it starts to build up - the beginnings of a panic attack, they tend to subside - question in your own mind "whats the worse thing that could happen, coz i know Im not going to die" - be agressive with it, PANIC is the ENEMY. Anyway good luck x Shell

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi

I am so pleased I have found this website!!

I have just had my first panic attack (SAT morn 3.30am 21st June) I had been out for the night with the girls....had lots to drink and also we had been smoking some puff - I have been doing this for years with no signs of PA! So I went to bed at about 2am i felt soooo relaxed and calm and then my boyfriend said he was talking to me and I was just looking through him he tried to move me but I was a dead weight, then I remember sitting bolt upright and with the most awful pain down my left arm - so now I think Im having a heart attack!! I suffer with peanut allergy too, so luckily I remembered to deep breath - but now my chest is going very tight and around my back too...then I start feeling like im going to pass out, and then that leads me to thinking if I pass out Im going to die!!! My boyfriend got on the phone and dialed 999 and he told them I was having a heart attack, and was getting advice from the telephonist on what to do in this case!! I then told my boyfriend I loved him coz I'm thinking that im gonna die- it all sounds very dramatic I know, but I was so scared!! The paramedics came and explained to me I was having a PA (so now I felt really silly!!) I had an ECG done anyway to check it was a PA..But then I couldn't get the events out of my head, so I didn't fall to sleep until 6.30am!!! Now I am v worried about this what causes them - I don't really have any stress in my life that I can say would make this happen...would it be smoking puff or drinking that caused it??? I am a very hyper person always active ( I don't think I had a lot of sleep the night b4 about 4hrs) on the other hand my boyfriend is a very stressful person so maybe that rubs of on me I can't make it out !! especially as I was sooooo calm b4 it all happened...will I get more too this is really worrying me - Does anyone have any answers??

Thanks Steph

Re: Re: PA

Hi Shelley

I have now booked an appointment with my doctor so that I can get checked out properly, I have been getting pain in my left arm quite a lot too, and then of course I start thinking im gonna have a PA, but like u advised I do try and start to think of something else and it does help.. So have you had many PA's then in the last two years and do they always come out of the Blue? And did you go to the doctors too when it first happened?

Thanks - Steph

(Ive also had some guy telling me to put cotton wool in my ear !!!!!)

Replying to:

Hi Steph

I wouldnt say I was a stress head, and mine came out of the blue driving back from Chester after a rather boozy night out, that was over 2 years ago and I still suffer - I have had nearly all the symptoms associated with PA - the only advice I can give you is when it starts happening (if it happens again) just try and think of something nice, a place a person a smell anything - I know it's difficult when you think that you're going to die...if you get past what they call the kindling process - when it starts to build up - the beginnings of a panic attack, they tend to subside - question in your own mind "whats the worse thing that could happen, coz i know Im not going to die" - be agressive with it, PANIC is the ENEMY. Anyway good luck x Shell

Replying to:

Hi

I have just had my first panic attack (SAT morn 3.30am 21st June) I had been out for the night with the girls....had lots to drink and also we had been smoking some puff - I have been doing this for years with no signs of PA! So I went to bed at about 2am i felt soooo relaxed and calm and then my boyfriend said he was talking to me and I was just looking through him he tried to move me but I was a dead weight, then I remember sitting bolt upright and with the most awful pain down my left arm - so now I think Im having a heart attack!! I suffer with peanut allergy too, so luckily I remembered to deep breath - but now my chest is going very tight and around my back too...then I start feeling like im going to pass out, and then that leads me to thinking if I pass out Im going to die!!! My boyfriend got on the phone and dialed 999 and he told them I was having a heart attack, and was getting advice from the telephonist on what to do in this case!! I then told my boyfriend I loved him coz I'm thinking that im gonna die- it all sounds very dramatic I know, but I was so scared!! The paramedics came and explained to me I was having a PA (so now I felt really silly!!) I had an ECG done anyway to check it was a PA..But then I couldn't get the events out of my head, so I didn't fall to sleep until 6.30am!!! Now I am v worried about this what causes them - I don't really have any stress in my life that I can say would make this happen...would it be smoking puff or drinking that caused it??? I am a very hyper person always active ( I don't think I had a lot of sleep the night b4 about 4hrs) on the other hand my boyfriend is a very stressful person so maybe that rubs of on me I can't make it out !! especially as I was sooooo calm b4 it all happened...will I get more too this is really worrying me - Does anyone have any answers??

Thanks Steph

Re: Re: Re: PA

Hi Steph.

Well here's the story like many others-

first one in April 01 coming back from Chester on the motorway...then the second was in August 01 after another boozy night was doing the dutiful daughter thing taking mum and dad shopping..on the way home a bast8ard bus pulled out in front of me..it took an hour to do what should have been a 5 minute drive - then things got so I couldnt go on a bus - I felt panicy - then I hated going out (but still did), then I started feeling anxious and sh8ty all the time, then I got made redundant and had to go temping...OMG had a panic attack at work - had to phone my mate from the loos..lol..I have had them in most situations..I cant stand motorways which restricts where I go..I had one on a train so it put me off going on trains - I still do coz of my job but I hate it ( sorry this is all over the place - it's easier to write as it comes to mind) I went to the docs in Nov 01 after I had had enough of alternative medicines - he put me on Parozatine or Seroxat..which ever you want to call it...it was great no shi8ty feelings after about 2 weeks on it, I was on it until january 03 - but had reduced the dosage for nearly 12 months - ask your doctor for CBT - or to see a Psychotherapist dont let him palm you off with drugs, I wish I had done that in the first place - in stead I'm now on a waiting list (since Jan this year) to see someone. Not sure about the cotton wool in your ears, I find using my persona stero helps and also playing games on my phone...also I purcahsed "No More Panic" by Byrony Fox, it sort of helps you realise that this will not be for ever and that if you fight hard enough and believe it for long enough life will get back to normal - whatever that was - to be honest people who dont have them dont understand, they're sympathetic but dont understand - feel free to email me if you need anymor answers shelzs1@yahoo.co.uk

Replying to:

Hi Shelley

I have now booked an appointment with my doctor so that I can get checked out properly, I have been getting pain in my left arm quite a lot too, and then of course I start thinking im gonna have a PA, but like u advised I do try and start to think of something else and it does help.. So have you had many PA's then in the last two years and do they always come out of the Blue? And did you go to the doctors too when it first happened?

Thanks - Steph

Replying to:

Hi Steph

Replying to:

Hi

Thanks Steph

Re: Re: Re: Re: PA

Hi all

Thanks for the postings but this message board is NOW CLOSED. Please can you post messages at www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum.

Many thanks

Nicola

Replying to:

Hi Steph.

Well here's the story like many others-

first one in April 01 coming back from Chester on the motorway...then the second was in August 01 after another boozy night was doing the dutiful daughter thing taking mum and dad shopping..on the way home a bast8ard bus pulled out in front of me..it took an hour to do what should have been a 5 minute drive - then things got so I couldnt go on a bus - I felt panicy - then I hated going out (but still did), then I started feeling anxious and sh8ty all the time, then I got made redundant and had to go temping...OMG had a panic attack at work - had to phone my mate from the loos..lol..I have had them in most situations..I cant stand motorways which restricts where I go..I had one on a train so it put me off going on trains - I still do coz of my job but I hate it ( sorry this is all over the place - it's easier to write as it comes to mind) I went to the docs in Nov 01 after I had had enough of alternative medicines - he put me on Parozatine or Seroxat..which ever you want to call it...it was great no shi8ty feelings after about 2 weeks on it, I was on it until january 03 - but had reduced the dosage for nearly 12 months - ask your doctor for CBT - or to see a Psychotherapist dont let him palm you off with drugs, I wish I had done that in the first place - in stead I'm now on a waiting list (since Jan this year) to see someone. Not sure about the cotton wool in your ears, I find using my persona stero helps and also playing games on my phone...also I purcahsed "No More Panic" by Byrony Fox, it sort of helps you realise that this will not be for ever and that if you fight hard enough and believe it for long enough life will get back to normal - whatever that was - to be honest people who dont have them dont understand, they're sympathetic but dont understand - feel free to email me if you need anymor answers shelzs1@yahoo.co.uk

Replying to:

Hi Shelley

Thanks - Steph

Replying to:

Hi Steph

Replying to:

Hi

Thanks Steph