Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum

One of first 500 of contract C14498 with leg shields

Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rim info for 16H

I like to know the size of the rim.

Is there a different between the front and rear rim?

Where can I buy the rim?

The rim is the same as the BSA m20?

Richard

Re: Rim info for 16H

Not only are both rims identical and interchangeable but both wheels are identical and interchangeable. This is one of the many great features of the bike.
For more information download the Maintenance Manual and Spare Parts List from this website. This is one of the many great features of the website!

But the size of the rim?

WM2 or WM3?

It says in the maintenance manual

Ooh I can't stand the suspense Its 19" X WM2
But seriously you will need the manual if you intend to rebuild the wheel cos of the spoke sizes, offsets etc

Thanks Keith for your replay.
An other thing about the rims.
Can I use every rim with 19 x WM2 ?
Because some hubs does have a brake drum and the spokes are shorter with an other angle.
I have for exemple the rim for a BSA and that one it is a WM2.

My question is: can I use that rim?

When rims are used with spokes of different lengths on each side the hole in the rim is drilled at an angle to suit so this rim would not be suitable. I dont know how the spokes are arranged on an M20 so cannot help.
The best answer would be to treat the old girl to a new rim with the wheel built by an expert as this is not a DIY job

Yes it is
I've built mountain bike wheels, had them checked by a master builder with a clean bill of health. It wasn't a difficult job, oh and I did some motocross wheels too, that was easy. And I'm not particularly gifted with my hands