Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum

One of first 500 of contract C14498 with leg shields

Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pe war Norton wheel hub bolt covers

Wanted a pair of pre war mid 30s large hub covers that clip onto the right hand side of the wheel hub and covers the 3 long bolt heads. Old distressed pair would be nice as it's for an oily rag bike.

Re: Pe war Norton wheel hub bolt covers

Paul Norman has them on his site, they're made of stainless so a light bead blast makes them look better. https://racingnorton.co.uk/epages/4c675e64-813f-4c0a-8926-87a680c962a0.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/4c675e64-813f-4c0a-8926-87a680c962a0/Products/%220350%203775%22

Dave, Tim is looking for the mid-1930s large covers that went with the hubs which covered the retaining nuts.

Something like this one (although this cover is a replica made from a jam jar lid or something. I can't quite recall).

P8301027

Via Rob, I have received these images of an original cover...

wheel-hub-cap-1935-civilian-1

wheel-hub-cap-1935-civilian-2

Thank's Dave, It's the larger covers i need as Rob's and Rik's mails. Thanks to these pictures now we know what the spring clip looks like on the inside. I am looking for a pair of distressed ones to match my 16H.

Cheers
Tim

Aren't those the ones that Norton deleted because they trapped water and caused premature bearing failure?
So owners of bikes that came with them would have removed them and thrown them away.

Hopefully David they would have put them in the shed at the bottom of the garden instead of throwing them away. Then they will turn up 84 years later and i can fit them to my oily rag 16H.:relaxed: You never know.