Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eros questions

I'm toying with the idea of replacing some vintage Infinity RSb's with the Eros and I have a few questions.

The RSb's are also 4-ohm boxes so I don't see a problem there.

I will be using my Pioneer Elite VS-43TX receiver which has the bi-amp feature. If the 6th and 7th channel are unused they can be re-configured for bi-amping the mains. Would that route be preferred to the ErosII (I don't see a way to separate the xo on the ErosII for bi-amping)?

Also, if anyone by some odd chance has listened to the RSb's and either Eros some comparative critique would be helpful.

The RSb's are excellent loudspeakers, but if I can improve on them I'm willing.

Re: Eros questions ... oops

Note the 'corrected' email addy.

sorry

Re: Eros questions

Hi P.L.,

I can't answer your exact question, but since I also own a Pioneer Elite, and have recently completed my Eros MkII's...These speakers sound awesome with this amp. I find it hard to believe that biamping your other speakers could sound better than the Eros. It's possible, of course, and/or they could sound as good as the Eros--but I doubt it.

FWIW,

jIyajbe

Re: Re: Eros questions

I'm sorry. I was unclear about my intentions. I was thinking of bi-amping the Eros MKI. If any one could help me with some info (load to the high and low channels and if the process might hose up the design altogether) I'd be forever in your debt.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Pat

Re: Eros questions

Pat

I built the Mk1 and modified the crossover to enable me to biwire without any problems. Took my speakers around to a friends house and he BiAmps a pair of Spendor S8's with Linn LK85 amps. I'm no expert but they sounded sweet to me...and him!

I've e-mailed you my version of Wayne's crossover for you to consider and/or get checked out. It only really involves removing a couple of the existing links. I'm away until the New Year but may get chance to view the forum back home.

Merry Xmas!!