Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EROS/EROS MKII Cabinet Change Q?

Hi,

I'm new to this endeavor (speaker building), but have had a good amount of woodworking experience. I'm very interested in the EROS or EROS MKII design, but would like to possibly alter the box design a bit. It would be more of a vertically tapered tower, with the same height. The width would be the same at the middle, but narrower at the top and wider at the bottom.

I'm assuming, (which could be a big mistake) that the key is to maintain the same interior cabinet volume and very close to the same speaker placement. I have drawn something up in cad and have a pdf of it, but don't know how to post such a thing here. The pdf would make my ideas much clearer.

I'd sure like to hear any advice any of you experienced builders have. This is my first build, but I do have a friend who is an electrical Engineer whom I think will be able to help me with the electronics (crossover build).

Thanks for your attention and any advice.

Dan

Re: EROS/EROS MKII Cabinet Change Q?

I don't mean to say anything bad to Wayne Eros but you have to be prepare that through the Eros, more than 50% will be rendered unlistenable. I personally built a pair myself but I decided that I cannot live with them in the long run. On most of my CD's, they sound just too bright for my taste.

And if you decide to run them with mass-market receivers then it will make the matter much worse. I think the Eros was voiced using SET amp therefore using recevier bought from Fry's will only worsen the problem.