Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Being inquisitive

Thank you all for responding, your input made me even more determined to finish my DIIIs.
I have done a lot of reading the last few days and learned that I need to learn even more.
I believe now that I understand, to some degree, that the enclosures volume and the drives determine the frequency I will need from the enclosure. I will adjust the enclosures fb by porting. In the DIII case 40hz is optimal but its tuned to 36.75.
I am going to continue to read and learn more as I build. I have lost track of all the website I have gone to, many of which have great information. If you know any which will help me learn all the terminology and formulas associated with them I would enjoy reading it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Being inquisitive

Preedy,
I would used Wayne's design, but Email Wanye and ask what crossover changes would need to happen to use the sheilded woofers. Wanye is a real nice guy that is quick to respond to Email's. He might even already know what needs to change.

These speakers sound awsome, i wouldn't start mix matching diffrent designs, especially if its your first attempt.

I'd start by asking Wayne what need to be done to make the DIII's shielded.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Being inquisitive

I have built the DIII's and they are pretty good . They have a wonderful range and very clear mids and highs. However, for about the same amount of money you can build the Lyras. I think the Lyras are even better with a great sealed box bass sound and very clear mids and highs. Take a look at the Lyra design it is a true 3 way. I really like them better after building both speakers.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Being inquisitive

if cost was no object, would you build the the Eros?