Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help ! crossover problem / no tweeter output

Hello everyone,
I just built a center-channel speaker with (2) dayton 6.5's, a Hi-Vi dome mid & Audax tweeter. The bass and mids sound about right but I'm hearing little or no tweeter output (I'm a bit deaf on the topend but I'm not hearing anything at all from the tweeter). I swapped out the tweeter to no effect so the problem has to be in the crossover. I'm not experienced so I used an online calculator to make the Linkwitz-Riley 2nd order 750hz/7500hz X-over. I've re-checked the component connections and looks to be wired correctly per the schematic so I'm stumped. I'm wondering if I might have a shorted capacitor(?) but I don't know how to check that with a multi-meter. I need some help but I don't know how to post the schematic and photos here-- I can email a schematic and pics to anyone who's willing to take a look. Thanks everyone,
Charlie Mimbs
cmimbs@charter.net