Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eros MKII reduce sibilance

Hi All,
I have found an easy way to reduce the sibilance (yes there is on the Eros MKII): two layers of reel woolen velt. See image for the looks.
It does not alter the dynamics or character of the Eros.
Eros velt

Re: Eros MKII reduce sibilance

Are you happy with them now? I'm second guessing my decision to build these now that I'm hearing some write that the tweeter is a little outdated and over priced. I have the boxes cut but no parts yet. Is there a replacement tweeter that can be used? I'm so new at this...I've built 2 speakers so far but they were pretty simple in design.

Again, misinformation

Sorry but my Eros MKI, and now MKII, is not, has not, nor ever will be, sibilant. Treat your room....change speaker positioning...find out how well these speakers perform. It's worth it.

Jeff

Re: Again, misinformation

Dear Jeff,
No misinformation whatsoever.
I FIND IT SIBILANT!!!
You will not, but you don't have my ears.
Other people, i came in contact with, have also stated it to be bright and sibilant. So plz, respect my statement for those who also find it sibilant.
Because your saying it isn't vs. my saying it is, will not resolve anything.
And dear Jeff if you would look into concepts with the ss9500 on the net, the majority finds this tweeter being on the bright side. This is all due to the nasty bump from 5k - 7k.

To each his own NT

!

by the way

From murphyblaster.com:

"There are some misguided souls who think the Vifa D25 tweeter is harsh and bright. I think that’s because it looks bright and shiny, and people hear what they see. Rather than arguing the issue, I have provided an alternative crossover using the ScanSpeak 9500 fabric dome--a unit that I don’t think anyone thinks is inherently bright."

hmmmmmmm?

Jeff