Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Poor customer service from Parts Express

I hope the people at parts express customer service are reviewing this message board. After many years of purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise from parts express, I will never do business with them again. They are selling items (Open House cable distribution systems) that are not compatible with cable modems and cable boxes that have internal modems (almost all do these days with digital cable), even though the catalog says they are. Even their Tech Support people said that these products would not work properly with cable modems. When I tried to return, they played the old restocking fee charge game for a simple plastic tab that had broken off the unit. I am out over $30 in shipping costs and restock fee (30% is outragous, most outlets are %15 at the most, and since the product was advertised under false pretense, I will make it my business to tell as many people via the web as possible not to do business with Parts Express.