Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
brightness not sibilance

Did I mention sibilance?

"Brightness"_can_ be cured by proper room treatmnets and proper placement. The tragedy is that you're labelling a speaker "bad" because of the way it's set up and the components that drive it. When in reality nothing could be farther from the truth.

Don't know what shame there is in advocating an excellent speaker whose parts can be bought (FYI) from any number of sources on the 'Net? Nor what harm there is in pointing out that because YOU may have an opinion about the "sound" of a speaker, it's NOT necessarily GOSPEL.

Re: brightness not sibilance

Don't think my components are at fault here ;-)
Marantz CD-7 and Electrocompaniet ECI-4.
The speaker is just too bright, not just in my opinion but in those of many. I could also label you as a biased advocate for this speaker. So you stating I am at fault with wrong components or room treatment/placement as you have no clou as to what I have tried, is just ignorance.
I will leave it at that and hope you will enjoy your Eros Speakers, but I certainly will not and will disassemble johnny nr. 5 ;-)

Reworked Crossover?

Andy -- feel free to send me your reworked crossover. I've been building a new set of eros and would be happy to measure it for impedance/response and post it for others to enjoy.

One of the problems with the Eros driver combination is the difficulty in taming the 1khz peak in the woofers, while compensating for baffle step rise and still maintaining a tolerable impedance.

What does the impedance profile look like? What are the minimums?

thanks,

WJ

Re: Reworked Crossover?

Wayne,

Did you receive the xover?

Andy