Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eros vs Living Voice Avatar mkII or Avatar OBX-R2

I used to have a pair of LV Avatar. The Eros, at least in the MKI or MKII versions, are nothing like the Living Voice. LIving Voice are much more musical and quite relaxing while the Eros are bright and quite harsh.

With the help of Ramon (from the Netherlands), we have come up with a new version of xover (coincidentally quite similar to the LV xover) that would bring the Eros slightly closer to the LV. The sound of the new xover is much more musical, rich, and warm. The treble now (crossed at about 2.4Khz) is silky smooth that reminds me of the LV.

The Living Voice unique sound in large part comes from the Vifa woofer that no longer in production.

If you like the sound of the LV, then trust me, you don't want to build the Eros with either MKI or MKII xover.

Re: Re: Eros vs Living Voice Avatar mkII or Avatar OBX-R2

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you privately email me the xover details for either the Avatar mkII or the OBXR2 if you happen to have it?

With kind regards,

Phil
philip.aktkinson@gmail.com