Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
simple passive crossover?

i need a make a very simple crossover for my KLH speakers...its just that i dont know the first thing about impendence or ohms or any of that stuff
all i know is is my rear speakers will be of 1 driver and 1 tweeter pulled out of one of the KLH platnum series 325-II's and the center will be of 2 drivers and 1 tweeter pulled from the KLH platnum series 525-II.anyone know how i can work this out? im hoping that these will be parts i can simply buy at the electronics store, or, should i dare say....radioshack? as you can see this doesnt need to be an EXTREMELY "quality" job. all im asking for is the parts list and soldering configuration. thanks guys!

Re: simple passive crossover?

Sorry you took the time to post, but had to wait a week to get a response.

Take a trip to partsexpress.com and check out their prebuilt crossovers. Without the capability to measure the capabilities of your speakers, the best thing you can do is play it safe and get something that is a known quantity.

The most important part in repackaging your drivers is making sure you don't blow out the tweeter by sending frequencies too low for it to tolerate. That being said look for crossover points of about 2000-2500 hz.

Good luck!