Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is the right model for me ?

Hello all.

I'm french person, so sorry for my bad english.

I'm an audio enthousiast and my bed room speakers are broken. With my studiant budget, i can't afford new expensive speakers. I want to replace them by an DIY project. My system :

Amp : Cambridge Azur 640A (Version 2)
Source : Arcam DiVA CD73 CD player
Cable : Unity Audio Solid link interconnect and same brand speaker cable with Banana plug...

My speaker are mounted in celling-wall corner placed to be in front of the people sleepped on the bed

My speaker are in front of the bed attached to the ceilling so when we lay down in the bed, the sound is correctly deployed.

10'x12'x9' The speaker are on the 12'x9' wall

My max budget is about 300$ (less if possible)

I listen soundtracks (Scores), classical, jazz, percussion, Pink Floyd ... I have a (a bit big)pair of Mission 701 speakers and when when i close my eyes i can't see the speaker position in my mind. The soundscape is verry important for me. I love the sound of violin and piano.

I will choose your expertise to guide me for the best model.

Thank's

François

Re: What is the right model for me ?

check out Danny Richie loudspeaker builder and designer at info@gr-research.com. the picture on his home page is under $300.00US if you are willing to put it together yourself. sounds like a fairly small monitor is what you need. you will get some extra bass extention from where you intend to place it.

jim