Return to Website

Notices

Please leave notices and messages here, or use it for discussion. For matters of lasting interest, please use the Yahoogroup messageboard instead.

Notices
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mr Clapham

I left Grange Park in July 1958. My form teacher for 3 of my 4 years in the junior school was Mr Clapham. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Also anyone who was in form 2A, 3A or 4A during this period, or knows of anyone who was, I would be pleased receive any information.

David Culcheth

Re: Mr Clapham

Hallo David. We were part of an exclusive group that went on to Mellow Lane. I remember Mr Clapham was telling us a story about confronting a tiger in India - but we never got to the end of the tale.

I remember you, Moira Wilkie, Alan Hagreen, Diane Green, Danny O'Leary. I remember being mr Truscott's monitor, MacMillan mental arithmatic test books, and the baker's shop near the school. What/who do you remember?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I left Grange Park in July 1958. My form teacher for 3 of my 4 years in the junior school was Mr Clapham. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Also anyone who was in form 2A, 3A or 4A during this period, or knows of anyone who was, I would be pleased receive any information.

David Culcheth

Re: Re: Mr Clapham

I remember the baker's shop!! Buying stale iced fingers for a penny after school! (Left 1973)

I just found this site and left a message, then found this, (memories) it was Mr Clapham (late 50's 60's)?? who read us "King Solomons Mines", and our class was split into smaller groups, Gorillas?/Gibbons and the like.
My grandmother worked in the bakers in Landsbury Drive. I kid in my year was the son of the butcher? on the other parade going twd the Uxbridge Road. Davis.

Was the baker's Belfields? Used to love getting stale iced buns there for a penny!

Jonathan.

My memory was only restored to 'some points' from reading here, unfortunately not to the name of the Bakers! I know of that name but don't associate it with that shop.. Sorry I cant help there. Barry