UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Deejays? CD collection??

Did they ever do a cd collection of the Deejay's recordings? I thought I remember reading a review of it in Ugly Things, but I can't find any trace of it actually existing.

Re: The Deejays? CD collection??

I don't know about CD, but I have a great LP collection called The Deejays 1965-1967 from 1984. On a Swedish label called C.S.P.

There´s an official CD on SW-Universal ca. 2005 or earlier. Great sound but some essential tracks are missing. Then there´s a bootleg (label escapes me) which had pretty much all you need (in inferior sound though). The band´s two LP´s have also been made available via Rockinbeat ages ago. Currently there´s talk of CHERRY RED doing something with the band´s output. Here´s hoping they can make a deal.

I must be honest here and say i've only heard one track from The Deejays and thats an incredible psych opus titled "Stripped Dreams Checked Fear",i dont even know for sure if thats the correct title but when i heard it i thought it was a great number!!Anyone else heard this track,and if i've got the title wrong,what is it??

Stripped Dreams Checked Fear sounds familiar but finding it could take some time, there's Blackeyed Woman on Rubble 13 and that's a moddy r&b track. Would like to hear more of their stuff.

The dreams are Striped, not stripped
I agree, it's a great song. Never released on 45, but originally found here:

that track was also on WHO WILL BUY THESE EVILS or summat like that i think i sneaked it on one of the freebies i used to do

Unfortunately the Haze LP isn't any good, there are a few so-so popsike numbers, but there is at least one track except "Striped Dreams" that is worth hearing: "Far Apart Why" is a great, dreamy ballad. Whatcha Tryin To Do is a great track from their eponymous LP.

Anyone got a link where I can get the CD?