UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Dave Clark Five-Why NO reissues?

Hello Paul,thank you for replying to my long meandering post!

Yes DC5, seemed to have had a low quality bar on some of the recordings they made,as there IS some utter drivel, like most other groups from the early 60s, but Dave Clark owned ALL their recordings unlike the many others from this time, even The Beatles

I DO know there are a fair few outstanding out of their usual ordinary stuff, on albums,B sides and EPs... but there's also many unreleased recordings too, which out of curiosity i'd like to hear.

All this still DOESN'T address why Dave Clark himself has ALWAYS seemed uninterested to make DC5 catalogue available in physical form on Vinyl or cd,or indeed for streaming too, it seems the DC5 are the only top British Pop band from the 60s who's catalogue hasn't been available which is surprising as they were huge in the States where other top British bands couldnt sell a thing!

Re: The Dave Clark Five-Why NO reissues?

It's likely that D.C.'s appetite for such projects diminished following the devastating hammer-blow of losing 3 band members in such a short space of time and he would have to consider the sensibilities of their families and respect the memory of his bandmates before embarking on commercial ventures.