UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Treacle People Comp

i remember you doing this one stuart. its a great comp.

Count me in as a belated fan too Stuart.
Been friends with Mrs Fitzhenry and her lovelies for many years but only recently met the Treacle People
courtesy of a kind 'zoner.
Great Selection and great cover too.

Many thanks guys much appreciated,your comments have certainly cheered me up,i actually gave it a listen today,it holds together pretty well but man i wouldve loved to have had better sound quality on some of those tracks.....but among my faves is the Salamander track,in fact the whole album "The Ten Commandments"from them is sound,i've bummed this album up for years now,i dont know if anyone takes notice but this album certainly deserves to be heard,oh what i would give to hear this album in sound quality and their story told in liners...i do have the last legit cd of this album released by Lasers Edge(who also released the Plastic Cloud album)but im sure thats now about 20 years ago and was mastered at a very low volume....Paul Martin gave this album a real interesting turn in the e-zine sweet Floral Albion many years ago now which made good reading,wish i could remember the issue....but i cant!!Maybe Paul could point folks in the right direction!!!!Finally has this had a legit vinyl reissue in recent years??If so how does it sound?Im yapping away again,time to give it up as its bed time.....be interested to hear how folks feel about the Salamander album!!

Aaah, those were the days. I remember both Treacle People and the two Fitzhenry comps. Great stuff! I actually came across the second Fitzhenry comp yesterday and will give it a spin later today.