UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Come And See Me: Dream babes & Rock Chicks From Down Under 2 x cd on RPM

Yeh this double cd came thumping through my door last week,as usual with RPM the booklet is ace as for the sounds within it,truthfully i found it a mixed lot but there are some cracking toons to be had....but you do get 55 tracks for basically the price of a single cd with excellent sound quailty,at the same time The Tages double cd came tumbling through my letterbox,i found there to be too many covers pre 1966,but what came after that was terrific.....although im a moany faced git,so i dont get excited about covers,which a lot of groups did pre psych era,but too hear a group develop by writing their own material is great,and thats exactly what you get with the The Tages complete singles collection,the album "Studio" they released is one of the best pop-psych albums of its era,but you do get a fair bit of "Studio" tracks that were released as single sides with slightly different mixes etc.on this collection.Again hats of to RPM as this is a fine collection as a whole, again with damn fine liners and photos aplenty and containing 49 tracks,what more could you want for the price you can pick this up for?