UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Clown (from Plymouth UK)

I have that cdr. Good, but still think Lord Of The Ringside is their best track.

There's a website for their former drummer:

https://leyoftheland.uk/tag/clown/

that shows both the Trapeze and Crickelwood demos CDrs but doens't make any reference to their availability. By the way, I think 'Rumania'is a pretty good track by them too.

Gian - that link does work, but my server gives me three options for the same link one of which is Anastazi's back catalogue, anotheris the 'Motorway' song.

Paul

Yes Paul,i still have both those cdrs,im sure i bought them from someone involved with the band,both with basic and crude artwork and not remastered sound as this was before the easily accessible apps to master the sound etc,and it was harder to reproduce quality artwork,or maybe the chap never had access to anything like that!!

I'll be honest,it had been years since i played either cd,but i got an email saying some of those recordings are being released legit,but the vinyl release does not include all the tracks on those 2 cds,but ive sampled the vinyl issue,and it sounds very good,its been well cleaned up,and is a must for vinyl buyers,if you like that early 70s proggy sound,with still a tinge of psychedelia hanging about in the music,its got that period sound to it,and would be a worthy addition to any psych and prog collection,the cd i have is titled Trapeze,the other Cricklewood demos,so i'm hoping someone may release this mastered cleaned up album on cd!! Can only hope!!

Some tracks available on youtube if i remember right ,obviously as a promo for the forthcoming release,the quality in sound is fab!!Obviously not the full album as unfortunately too many people want music for nothing and would probably copy the whole album.Good of them to give a wee preview.

does glan have those two clown cdrs. could he stick them on here at all if possible. would be great. thanks