UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mainstream UK pop goes odd

Michael,there is a cracking cd comp titled"Marshmallow Skies"released by Teensville label,but it's mainly US stuff,with a few UK acts,i'd recommend that if you want to hear more way out stuff by 4 Seasons,Del Shannon,Billy Fury,Gene Vincent etc,it's a very enjoyable comp.

Also about 20 years ago,Paul Martin who is a frequent visitor here,put together a cdr series called "Dream Weavers",which was in the same ballpark of mainstream pop acts etc doing something different...i'm sure not long after Paul came up with this concept,a grey area label put together something similar,it may have been 3 cds or something,i seem to vaguely remember this.....can anyone else remember this release?

Paul if you see this,how many Dream Weavers did you do?If possible,can you remember the tracklists at all??Thank you.

Re: Mainstream UK pop goes odd

Thanks Stuart. And glad to see you're on the mend! I'll definitely check out Marshmallow Skies. It's funny you mention Dream Weavers. That was what immediately came to mind when I originally read this thread, but I couldn't remember the name of the comp, only that it was a CDR that I received many years ago from Paul Martin. I just dug it out and look forward to getting reacquainted. My sleeve didn't have a volume number, but the tracks included cuts from Tommy Roe, Rick Nelson, Bill Ramsey, Billy Fury, Roy Orbison, Del Shannon, Lou Christie Saco, the Everly Brothers, Gene Vincent, the Ventures, Bobby Darrin, Brian Hyland, Marvin & Farrar, Hank Marvin, the Shadows, Cliff & Hank, Bobby Vee, and the Four Seasons.

mb