Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Almost cut my hair..."

I don't remember a Floyd, but I sure do remember Swede, Swede the barber. Actually Swede Swensen, he cut my hair for years. I remember going in with a dollar bill and all the kids always got 10 cents change, enough to go buy a candy bar afterward. He had an airplane and was also a flight instructor.

Re: Re: "Almost cut my hair..."

I always liked the aroma in that barber shop, be it Butch or whatever. It was a really nice shop. Sadly, I think I very rarely got my hair cut there. My mom had the pleasure of scalping me as a kid.

Thanks for the info, RB. There sure were colorful characters in town.

Flattops

I learned the hard way to keep my head straight while those fellas buzzed away aligning my flattop. I went about three weeks with one off-kilter after slouching and leaning my head to one side. Naturally, "good friends" noticed it right away and made that short time in my pre-adolescence traumatic. I do recall Charley Sprittles coming in once for his semi-annual haircut. I had never seen him before and his appearance and strange accent were fascinating. Never saw so much hair on a man until the Beatles came along.

Re: Woops!

I was reminded again about my bad memory. My barber's name wasn't Swensen, but Sorenson.