Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Hendrix covers album?
Hi all, I'm trying to find an album that I think I saw years ago (maybe I imagined it - thank you old age!). It's a Jimi Hendrix covers album from the sixties called something like We Are Experienced. The group was American, I think, and wore red suits on the back...
Views: 40   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2024 5:17am
by Paul Clarke
DG Time Machine
The first of an occasional series going backwards in time, my first stop is 2009 logical because that was the last year prior to 2020 that I kept a personal chart and it also makes sense because the final track I consider to be the Godfather of and inspiration for th...
Views: 49   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2024 5:12pm
by Doctor Gaz
Acid Daze & Moonlit Knights Freebie
Hi Psychsters Need more neo-psych? Guess you're in luck. This is part two of a compilation project I've been working on for a few weeks. I welcome you to "Acid Daze & Moonlit Knights". Tracklist 01. Ashley & Justine - Look Outside Your Window 02. Astro Elevat...
Views: 147   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 26, 2024 12:36pm
by zipper
Upcoming Mark Wirtz box set from Cherry Red (late 2024)
Two posts in one day? I don't think I've done this since 2010... Anyway, I should have mentioned this a couple weeks back when Amanda Vance Wirtz (Mark's widow) posted this on Facebook... [img]https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10161378299772089&set=a.1015181...
Views: 218   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 24, 2024 7:28am
by Paul Martin
Seelie Court label
Hi all, this is a new label (to me anyway) thats releasing a number of rare recordings. Anybody got any more info? Apparently there are a number of unreleased Warhorse albums to be released. https://upcomingvinyl.com/label/seelie-court
Views: 9402   Replies: 95
Last Post: Apr 19, 2024 5:53am
by webcaw
The Dave Clark Five-Why NO reissues?
People seem to forget that The Dave Clark Five were HUGE in the USA,up there with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones,and even had their own movie. Their release schedule in the USA was prolific,it seems like they had a new album out every few months,and the amount...
Views: 144   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 17, 2024 1:21pm
by Doctor Gaz
g
Gian
Tim Hollier: Time Has A Way Of Losing You - 3CD Box Set Anthology
If I had been able to go on with my little Night Wings label, certainly it was in my mind to reissue all Tin Hollier's albums, so I'm very glad this even bigger project is finally on the way :slightly_smiling_face: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/tim-hollier-time-has-...
Views: 134   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 17, 2024 12:15pm
by Gian
John Bromley: Sing (2024 Remaster)
Although this arrived a few weeks ago, I'm finally sitting down and giving it a proper listen now... Think Like A Key Music recently released a newly remastered version of the original 'Sing', John Bromley's sole album from 1969: "John Bromley’s sole albu...
Views: 148   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 13, 2024 2:46pm
by mark kirk
We're All Mad Here Freebie
Hi Psychsters, So here's the story. I found a cool channel on YT with oodles of neo-psych, garage-revival and power-pop from 2017 to the present (about 1800 tracks, give or take) which I sampled over a two week period. I then used the best psych tracks to compile...
Views: 166   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 13, 2024 8:58am
by Mark Kupsz
c by c vol 15
here's volume 15 of 'currents'; https://we.tl/t-NcmelxRRUg Excuse the modern parlance but these are the original GOATS; 1 Heart 75 2 Ringo Starr 71 3 Velvet Underground 69 4 Pretty Things 66 5 Smokey & his Sister 67, Ian & Sylvia 71 6 Edwyn Collins 94...
Views: 94   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 11, 2024 3:49pm
by zipper
Psychedelic Popsicles Freebie
Hi Psychsters Whilst sampling a bunch of albums I started cherry picking tracks and ended up with enough for a compilation I called "Psychedelic Popsicles". No apologies for lack of cohesion or variation in sound quality, it is what it is, a collection of psych, g...
Views: 177   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 9, 2024 8:45am
by Mark Kupsz
Barry Ryan Box Set
Thought some of you would be interested to know that a box set is being released by Cherry Red in May,featuring 5 albums by Barry Ryan,as far as i know,the only albums that have been reissued where the first 2,when Revola released them on a single cd quite a few year...
Views: 85   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2024 2:24am
by Paul Martin
Pugrock
Sad news for avid followers; https://thepugrock.blogspot.com/2024/01/psychedelic-underground-generation-end.html
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2024 5:24am
by Doctor Gaz
c by c vol 14
Well, it's my birthday today but I'd rather give than receive so I have compiled 2 more volumes of 'currents' showcasing mostly modern artists that are worthy of a check-out and support. Volume 14; https://we.tl/t-e5TMen1cZo These did 'em first; 1 Rolling St...
Views: 110   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2024 10:31pm
by Kia
Five By the Kirkbys EP - Incredible Unreleased 1966 Recordings!
https://www.topsoundsrecords.co.uk/home.html
Views: 349   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 21, 2024 11:50am
by Nigel Lees
TimeMachine Productions
Here's another one to investigate, similar to the late Pugrock it favours and features recent releases that are mostly at the progressive end of the rock and psych spectrum; https://timemachine-productions.gr/
Views: 221   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 4, 2024 3:31pm
by Mark Kupsz
A Guide To The DIY Compilations Of Regal Zonophone
Hi Psychsters Just reposting this as it's been a while and newbies to the site might not be aware that many of the DIY compilations discussed and shared over the years on Regal Zonophone have been collated and added to a large database. You can view and download L...
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2024 11:03pm
by Mark Kupsz
g
Gian
more intersteing reissues
Curious about Stoned Rose, at last the very expensive but nice Jeremy Harmer first album, and also saw a finally official ressue of the Samuel Prody LP https://guerssen.com/soon/
Views: 85   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2024 7:19am
by Gian
Sunnyboy 66 Records
Hi Psychsters If you are into psych/garage/freakbeat/exotica compilations you might want to pay these sites a visit. There is a massive collection to peruse and listen to. All the classics seem to be catalogued, although not necessarily the full series for each ti...
Views: 175   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2024 8:45am
by Mark Kupsz
Paradise Of Garage Comps Blogspot
Hi Psychsters I have a feeling this site may have been discussed on RZ before but I note it is still going strong and worthy of attention. Tons of grabbable comps from all over the world. Go get you some. (check the 'REUPLOADS' tab if a link to summat you want has...
Views: 153   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 5, 2024 3:24pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Pink Boots and lipstick compilations - Rare Glam & Bubblegum From The 70s
Has anyone got any of the Pink Boots and lipstick volumes to trade? They appear to be online only and it's a very scattershot approach as to which service has which volume. I have volumes 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 15 and 17. All in 320k cbr. There's definitely volume...
Views: 4354   Replies: 46
Last Post: Feb 7, 2024 9:57am
by Gordon
French Psych & Pop Freebie
Hi Psychsters About time we had a few more DIY comps don't ya think? I've led by example and put together a groovy collection of French psych and pop tunes that will hopefully inspire you to get collecting and collating. All KILLER, NO FILLER, 100% guaranteed to...
Views: 139   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2024 12:58pm
by Doctor Gaz
Underground Psychedelic Sounds Of The 60's
Hi Psychsters I came across this cool compilation of psych videos on YT and thought I'd share. There are 199 in total from the likes of The Chocolate Watchband, The David, Tiffany Shade, The Standells, The 13th Floor Elevators to name but a few. Many are represent...
Views: 255   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 28, 2024 11:35am
by Gian
Blue Angel Sounds
Fascinating website here all about Blue Angel Sounds who released Keith Hughes and Roger Moore's Cinderella's Party Song Book (1967), Tim Phillips' The Giant Tortoise (1968), and the Alice Island Band's Splendid Isolation (1974). Also, they have compiled their early...
Views: 174   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2024 2:58pm
by Gian
The Flawed Gems label
I've just received a couple of Flawed Gems cds(Whichwhats First and Jasper Wrath),can someone tell me if this label is legit?Or is it another grey area label?the sound quality on both is very good,packaging is a bit basic to be honest.Anyone else bough cdcs reissued...
Views: 8104   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 8, 2024 9:19am
by Dan Fern
g
Gian
Ciao Heyday!
https://www.heyday-mo.com/catalog/heyday-is-closing.html another going ... we had our largest record shop closed last year, time goes... :(
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2024 6:50am
by Gian
Prog and listening
By way of starting thread, I thought I'd just reveal my new found enjoyment of a lot of prog. I still can't abide Gabriel era Genesis for some reason, though Gabriel's new solo album sounds great and I have always liked his solo work anyway. Over the last few months...
Views: 341   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 4, 2024 3:33am
by Doctor Gaz
earliest long rock/pop tracks/suites
A few stipulations: Lets keep it to the 60's. (Not that there was much in the 50's, just that I don't like 50s music.) Anything roughly over 6 minutes long, okay? (So I'd accept "Sad-Eyed Lady of the lowLands but not "Like A Rolling Stone" or, say, "McArthur...
Views: 192   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 1, 2024 3:39pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Hello 2024,Apologies! Is this the end of RZ?
Hello good people,I hope everyone is well,and doing well a we near the end of the first month of 2024!! Apologies to everyone,i just realised that the group had reached its maximum limit of posts,so noone was able to post,i've no idea how long it was like this,as...
Views: 187   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 20, 2024 2:02pm
by philip Thatcher
Brian Godding R.I.P.
Sorry to hear tis news from back in November… https://dmme.net/goodbye-brian-godding/
Views: 165   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 26, 2023 10:58pm
by Joe McFarland
PETE DELLO AND FRIENDS Into Your Ears (Special 2CD Edition)
~~ New release coming out now! ~~ DISTRIBUTED BY LIGHT IN THE ATTIC (USA & CANADA), CODE 7 (UK), GUERSSEN (EUROPE-ROTW) PETE DELLO AND FRIENDS Into Your Ears (Special 2CD Edition) (HPR-063CD) Format: 2CD Release date: December 2023 Order here (all order...
Views: 283   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 25, 2023 3:29pm
by mark kirk
Hard to find song now on YT
Here's a record from 1968 that's nestled on wants lists for ever and a day, the Quntas' must have been very young at the time - it's a good 'un; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OAJv5jFJik Happy Christmas
Views: 191   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2023 7:51pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
My Top Ten 60´s British-Psych Albums (It's just a game... Do you want to play? II)
Hi Friends To combat the heat that has suffocated us all in Spain, on my blog, I came up with the idea of a game, in which the readers chose their ten 60's british-psych albums. In a previous game dedicated to US albums, there was good participation and it was a lo...
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2023 3:50pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
short Monkees movie
get past the first five minutes then its wortha waatch if you are a monkees fan Files (210 MB total) 33 1_3 Revolutions.mp4.zip Will be deleted on 29 October, 2016 Download link https://we.tl/C2uxoboZWZ my link not my dl
Views: 609   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2016 2:06pm
by oneshed phil
Keep RZ tidy and happy holidays!
Can the moderator please delete the spam mails that are cluttering up the page? Mainly though, happy holidays to all RZers and wishing you all a musical new year. PM:smile:
Views: 140   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 8, 2023 2:55pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
g
Gian
new "Bright Carvings" label
Sounds interesting for psych/prog/folk lovers: https://www.brightcarvings.com/
Views: 385   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 6, 2023 5:20am
by Austin
Beatles...now then
I'm curious to know what forum members think about the Beatles "Now & Then" retrospective? Standing out for me is the emphasis on Lennon's fun side in the video and a feeling of both reconciliation and closure.
Views: 220   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 23, 2023 9:53am
by Joe McFarland
FADING YELLOW 20-Worth the wait?
After the long delay and wait for the release of the 20th volume of Fading Yellow,was it worth the long wait? Any chance someone can give a wee review on the tracks if possible?I've not got it as yet as things are tight,i know there are reviews of sorts on other sit...
Views: 239   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 21, 2023 10:53pm
by Bård Hodneland
Jawbone (Mirage)
I was glad to discover that the label Trading Places has put out a vinyl version of the sole Jawbone album from 1970. Originals on Carnaby records have always ben priced mighty high. I’ve never seen an original on Carnaby records, the label that also put out th...
Views: 267   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 13, 2023 7:40pm
by Joe McFarland
The Fringe - Token For My Mind (1967-8)
I just came across this rather excellent collection of songs from a Canadian band I hadn't previously heard of (please excuse my ignorance). Only released on CDr so far. If there are any record labels reading, this is definitely worth a vinyl reissue. They record...
Views: 231   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 13, 2023 3:34pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Late 60s/Early 70s UK library Recordings and soundtracks on cd.
Good evening squires,i hope you are all doing well and keeping well,and it's great to see people in discusson,so i thought i'd put my pennys worth in. I personally think that library recordings are a rather untouched source for groovy sounds from the later 60s and...
Views: 445   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 12, 2023 7:49pm
by Stuart Robertson
GILES,GILES & FRIPP-CHEERFUL RECORDINGS BEFORE THE CRIMSON KING.
I absolutely love the sole album by Giles,Giles & Fripp"The Cheerful Insanity Of"released on September 1968. To get the full picture of Giles,Giles & Fripp,you really need to hear the pre album recordings,but also the home recordings they did as they were recording...
Views: 245   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 12, 2023 7:39pm
by Stuart Robertson
Gong - Unending Ascending
Despite the demise of Daevid Allen & Gilli Smyth Gong remains a viable entity and have released a number of albums that retain the spirit and style of earlier albums. "Unending Ascending" is the latest release and will interest fans of the band past and present. E...
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2023 1:17am
by Mark Kupsz
Cover repackaged
It’s funny when you see album art recycled. I’m just noticing that the album cover art for Honeybus “Recital” is the same as the UK cover for the Four Seasons “Who Loves You” release. I guess when “Recital” didn’t...
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2023 2:46pm
by Joe McFarland
What happened to Fading Yellow Volume 20 ??
FY Volume 20 still hasn't been released yet. Anyone know why ?? On Amazon: Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. Ughh!
Views: 431   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 29, 2023 7:29am
by Bård Hodneland
McFadden's Parachute - HELP!
Does anyone have a copy of the following albums by McFaddens Parachute or maybe point me to where I can get 'em. I've been looking for ages and they are impossible to find. "Supernova" "Far Out Fisa" "Hammerdown" "Patterns Of Time" Thanks, PPP
Views: 160   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 24, 2023 11:37am
by Mark Kupsz
Sun Dial - Messages From The Mothership
Hi Psychsters This is the 10th album from the band. Released a short time ago. I've been digging listening to the tracks on Bandcamp. Here's the link if you want to have a listen. https://sundialofficial.bandcamp.com/album/messages-from-the-mothership Enjoy...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2023 3:51pm
by Mark Kupsz
"SugarMegs" File Sharing Site
Hi Folks I was recently made aware of this file share site. It has 1000's of live recordings with no download restrictions. Sugar Megs http://sugarmegs.org/ If you've not used it before, it's super easy, just click on "Click here to select and listen to a st...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2023 3:54pm
by Mark Kupsz
Strawberry Bricks Guide To Prog Rock
Hi Progsters I recently came across this book and thought it might be of interest. 3rd edition was released in 2020. Retails for about £20 on Amazon. There's a video review if you want to know more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxb5jEP-OdE&t=236s...
Views: 150   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 19, 2023 3:40pm
by Mark Kupsz
Treacle People
I have just listened to this great CD-R. Was it someone on this site that compelled it twenty years ago. If so many thanks.
Views: 280   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 20, 2023 11:09am
by Stuart Robertson
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10