Start a New Topic 
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Tuesday - the Pye recording group
I got to thinking about the band Tuesday when flipping through my 45s recently. Their only 45 (as far as I know, or that I have anyway) is on Pye (1972). The B side 'Sewing Machine' is a beautiful tune that first appeared on Fading Yellow Vol.5 (track 5) and later on...
Views: 654   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2015 3:54am
by Paul Martin
Rare 60s Beat Treaures Vol.10 CD
Of German origin. I've a few of the others in this series, not a bad selection on most of them. I don't know all of the singles listed here, so I'm open to it. The Jasmin T cut is nice and swingy and I've never heard the A side (Juicy Lucy) of the Sheephouse single (...
Views: 1184   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 23, 2015 2:24am
by Doctor Gaz
Happy Christmas!
Happy Christmas to all RZers and may Santa bring you aural joy in your stockings! Have a good one and all the best for the new year. PM
Views: 538   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 21, 2015 6:26am
by the invisible li...
DAVE DEE
just been checking out these guys cds[not best of] they are selling for big money on amazon i was hoping for a boxset of the albums but alas no unless some one knows different
Views: 549   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 19, 2015 12:59am
by Paul Martin
GRISBY DYKE
Anyone know this 60s group https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo6y9zn2sotb4l4/02%20grisby%20dyke%20-%20the%20adventures%20of%20miss%20rosemary%20lapage%20copy.mp3?dl=0 link is dropbox link
Views: 555   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 13, 2015 6:13am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
The future of record sales
Loved this and the music's not half bad either- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41hEhqb1Od4&spfreload=10
Views: 648   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 11, 2015 2:53am
by two sheds phil
Headswirlers repackaged
In common with the Rubble series where two boxes of ten CDs later got reissued as one box of 20 CDs, Particles have re-booted the Electric Psychedelic Sitsr Headswirlers box sets. Issued as two boxes of five CDs each when they first re-issued them, this time you get...
Views: 646   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2015 1:03pm
by two sheds phil
Question
Which album would you most like to see given a proper re-issue by a legit company? CD or LP
Views: 614   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 10, 2015 1:53am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
The End - From Beginning To The End - 4x cd box set!
Just saw this on Amazon UK as being out November 20th for about £18 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginning-End/dp/B015NHXM18/ref=sr_1_28?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1445431410&sr=1-28&keywords=cd+box+set Oddly it's on Edsel, I would have thought Graprefruit would have...
Views: 1182   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 5, 2015 5:53pm
by stuart robertson
Weird 45s
A bet hinges on this one, the kind with little money and a lot of honour. What is the weirdest follow-up 45 to a top 10 hit? I named Pink Floyds's "Apples and Oranges", the follow-up to the magnificent "See Emily Play", but maybe someone knows an even more extreme e...
Views: 590   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 5, 2015 8:44am
by Joe McFarland
Upside Down volume 4
I just wanted to say that ive just got Volume 4 of this series of cds,and im loving it,as good, if not better than the previous 3 collections,imo not really a duff track on this,others may disagree,but i found this a very enjoyable listen,and a collection i'll happi...
Views: 527   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2015 1:39am
by Paul Martin
Streetwalkers - I'm Walking: Complete Streetwalkers 1974-77 15 CD box set
Roger Chapman's post-Family group. Not heard them myself so I need to lisen to 'em a bit on the net. Anyone got opinions on them? Anyway 4 studio albums CDs, 1 x CD of BBC sesions and 8 live ones + 2 CD singles + 92pp book. Similar presentation to the Family box set...
Views: 1498   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 2, 2015 9:55am
by skip bifferty
Eyes of blue cds
I just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying both of the new remasters by eyes of blue just released by esoteric cds, both sound great, waited ages for someone to release them been worth the wait Anyone else get them??vc5uha
Views: 502   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 2, 2015 8:51am
by Biff Skipperty
DIG THE FUZZ New Releases
Hi folks, would love to share with you , current and up and coming new releases on here, but would also like to include some Jpeg images to show cover art. Can anyone please explain how to insert a pic. Many ta's in advance. Paul
Views: 547   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 30, 2015 11:16am
by crimblecrumble
Pink Floyd ‎– 1965 Their First Recordings
This came as a bit of a shock.... http://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-1965-Their-First-Recordings/release/7780256 Several never previously available, even on boots, anyone know the scoop?
Views: 550   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 28, 2015 9:08am
by Biff Skipperty
THEM BOXSET
i see a 3 cd boxset of THEM comes out on dec 4 reckon ill be putting that in santas sack
Views: 527   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 25, 2015 11:01am
by flaxton
Love, Innocence - part 3
Another interesting insight from Simon Reynolds and Joy Press- some already obvious and some intriguing and informing. I have often wondered how repeated listening to Barrett/Pink Floyd has shaped my views on nostalgia. Maybe its like a mantra – listen to...
Views: 496   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 25, 2015 11:00am
by flaxton
More sleepy and pastoral
Also from "the Sex Revolts" - it's almost enough to make me pull out my Incredible String Bands LPs and play them for the first time in 15 years- except that my turntable is broken. Another 15 years maybe... but in the meantime I can read about them and think of how...
Views: 531   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2015 11:53am
by Butterflybobot
Mesmerising?
Enjoying music is one thing but another thing I take to is reading about it. I'm always fascinated how a well written review can open your mind to looking at a song from a new angle (or is that listening to a song from a new angle) One of the most enjoyable piec...
Views: 544   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2015 10:49am
by Butterflybobot
original album series
Does anyone happen to know if there is a complete list of the Columbia label's CD 'original album series'sets anywhere on the net? You know, those five card sleeved Cds that come in in a card slip case, usually by one artist or group with the album sleeves pictured o...
Views: 771   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 23, 2015 2:18pm
by Paul Clarke
Georgie Fame - Whole World's Shaking box set bargain!
If anyone has been considering the Georgeie Fame 5 x CD box set 'Whole World's Shaking', register your interest with Amzon UK. Although it is 'temporarily out of stock' at the time of writing, you can, as I have, still order it on Amazon UK for a measley £18.20...
Views: 559   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2015 1:15pm
by two sheds phil
Cynthia Cinnamon by The Poachers
Hi, I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to have a listen to this wee popsike/toytown pop tune that I wrote about 15 years ago and offer your opinions, good or bad? Many thanks :) https://m.soundcloud.com/signaleleven/cynthia-cinnamon
Views: 537   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 14, 2015 1:02pm
by Stevie Barr
philsmix
anyone who wants this mix of mainly 60's psyche,beat and garage 1 THE SILVER EAGLE-THE ASTOR DISASTER 2 THE SILVER EAGLE-TRUE AS BRAND NEW 3 CHAMELEON CHURCH-COME INTO YOUR LIFE 4 LITTLE BITS OF SOUND-GIRLS WHO PAINT DESIGNS 5 LLOYD AND THE VILLAGE SQUIRES-HEAR...
Views: 496   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 11, 2015 3:56pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Great 2 sided 45s that are off the radar
Not now recognised classics like Tintern Abbey, Tickle or Defecting Grey, nor always classics like Strawberry Fields, We Love You etc but ones that are personal favorites and go largely unheralded.... I've only just asked myself this question and I need some time...
Views: 973   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 3, 2015 12:54pm
by eggy
OZ magazine
Still on the subject of magazines.......All 48 issues of OZ magazine now available to download http://ro.uow.edu.au/ozlondon/
Views: 736   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 2, 2015 11:36pm
by Paul Martin
After Tea,Mr Albert Show & The Ro-d-ys cds
Just wanted to say ive been enjoying both National Disaster and After Tea cds from After Tea,theyre available as a double cd set issued by Universal on Amazon for under a tenner,theres only one duplication on both albums and thats the track"not just a flower in your...
Views: 548   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2015 2:41pm
by stuart robertson
Geranium Pond
These guys have popped up on various comps over the years. I don't think they ever had anything released at the time but do they have enough unreleased material to make up a compilation release?
Views: 676   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2015 9:03pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Psychedelic Britannia
On BBC4 this Friday! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06jp24b
Views: 608   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2015 10:32am
by Paul Martin
One for swinging 60s fans
http://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-34490306
Views: 598   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2015 3:56pm
by Paul Clarke
Eyes Of Blue albums official CD reissues
Due 27/11...A newly remastered & expanded edition of the 1969 album by the Welsh band EYES OF BLUE, “In Fields of Ardath”. Formed in 1966, the band won the Melody Maker “Beat Contest” that year and signed to Decca’s Deram label. F...
Views: 654   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 13, 2015 7:04am
by Jim H
Come And See Me: Dream babes & Rock Chicks From Down Under 2 x cd on RPM
Saw this on Spin - I expect a track list exists on the net somewhere. Me and Painterman will be up for it anyway! PM V/A – Come And See Me: Dream babes & Rock Chicks From Down Under (2xCD £13 RPM 25th Sept. Details • 'COME & SEE ME is a dou...
Views: 791   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2015 6:55pm
by stuart robertson
RE: downloading "write hear 2"
Thanks, Paul Martin for sending me an email so I could read, "write hear 2" I was trying to download the right address,but I wasn't very good at copying it out.Anyway thanks,im looking forward to issue 3.
Views: 516   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2015 1:38am
by m.gallagher
Piccadilly Sunshine - the box set!
It had to happen sooner or later!! http://www.spincds.com/nothing-can-hurt-me-original-soundtrack-cd-46856 PM
Views: 2359   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 4, 2015 1:31am
by Paul Martin
downloading-"write hear2"Can
Can anyone help download "write hear2",to my dropbox sit.Ive tried many times & failed.I must be doing something wrong,but I don't know what.
Views: 446   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2015 1:20am
by Paul Martin
Kubinec's MAINHORSE AIRLINE "Geneva Tapes"
I think this would appeal to many here. Laid down nigh a year beefwhore the furst ELP lp! Patrick Moraz (Refugee, YES,Moodies...)
Views: 512   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 3, 2015 8:54am
by Gian
Georgie Fame box set
Writing about Graham Bond reminded me that Georgie Fame has a complete recordings 1963-66 box set upcoming: http://www.spincds.com/box-sets/electric-ladyland-1991-the-classic-new-york-broadcast-cd-46625 Nothing psyche obviously, though his groovy fuzztone take...
Views: 642   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 2, 2015 11:34am
by Jim H
Write Hear 2 - The Wrong Link Dooooh!
Errata and apologies - I seem to have provided the wrong download link for Write Hear 2. If you have downloaded it, you will find it is actually a draft version which I have now deleted. The finished and splendidly laid out version (which is the version I emailed to...
Views: 480   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2015 9:02am
by Paul Martin
UK Private Press linkiepoo.....
....wots gowen round the two/three fora that matter: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06bnq0r
Views: 555   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 30, 2015 11:11pm
by Paul Martin
Write Hear #2
Issue 2 of 'Write Hear' is now available to download from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr6rfno7a8tb654/Write%20Hear%232%20%28draft%29.doc?dl=0 Thanks to contributors for their stirling efforts and input this issue. We hope to see contributions from other reader...
Views: 584   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 30, 2015 11:06pm
by Paul Martin
UFOria! Comp?
I was looking through some old SFA's and I came across a compilation that I seem to have missed the first time around. The following was taken from SFA #7 - does anyone know if the below comp was ever released? One track that I'm particularly interested in is Gun's c...
Views: 652   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2015 5:15am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
The Secrets feat. Clifford T Ward Singles on Grapefruit
Cliff Ward (subsequently better known as Seventies singer-songwriter Clifford T. Ward), Worcestershire-based band the Secrets (a.k.a. Simon’s Secrets) released a glorious rush of witty, vibrant, hook-laden, sub-three minute pop nuggets between 1966 and 1968....
Views: 668   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 27, 2015 1:10am
by Paul Martin
The Mickey Finn
The Mickey Finn are one of those cult 60s Mod bands shrouded in mystery who have yet to enjoy a retrospective of their own – until now!• They started life as Mickey Finn & The Blue Men on ska label Blue Beat, coinciding with the craze for Jamaican music w...
Views: 559   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 26, 2015 9:01am
by Biff Skipperty
b
Brent
Psych Trail Mix - Issue #9 - Available Now! - CA Quintet, Terence & Dennis McKenna + MORE!!
Psych Trail Mix Issue #9 is now available! The issue is available for FREE online in PDF format (also formatted for easy 1-click printing-which is encouraged). See below for features and links. Print copies are available, check the below link for details Print Cop...
Views: 492   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 26, 2015 8:30am
by Stuart Robertson
Graham Bond
Any thoughts on Graham Bond people? I have Love is the Law which is excellent but he also recorded other l.p.'s in the U.S. (I think) and two(?) for Vertigo. I am familiar with The Graham Bond Organisation but heavy blues isn't really my thing. There is a new BBC...
Views: 847   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 23, 2015 2:58pm
by eggy
The Ultimate Acid Dreams Collection (5CD Box Set)
Just saw this on Spin. I'm assuming it's a Particles clam shell box with card sleeved CDs. if they've remastered it like the 'Psychedleia' box, it will be worth getting.I like the idea of having all the cuts on those 'Acid' LPs in one attractive digital place as well...
Views: 2191   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 18, 2015 6:56am
by gerard davelaar
Grahame(sic)Bond-the 2 USA albums
Been giving both "Love is The Law"(68)and"Mighty Grahame Bond"(69)cds a spin tonight,they were originally only released in the USA and not available in the UK at the time!!I waited ages for a legit issue of both albums and yahoo i was happy when Esoteric reissued th...
Views: 590   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 16, 2015 11:00am
by flaxton
Pete Ham "Keystreet Demos"???
Did anyone get this 2CD set. I contacted someone connected, presumably, with the release and I've just realized while looking through my old e-mails that I ordered and paid for it over a year ago and never received it. Did anyone here actually receive it, and was it...
Views: 629   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 16, 2015 9:26am
by stuart robertson
piper at the gates of dawn. mono
just bought a mono cd version of this. what a great sound. much more body than the stereo. does sound strange without the odd effects on certain tracks though.
Views: 608   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 28, 2015 7:11pm
by Joe McFarland
b
Bell
Pepperisms
Pepperisms Around The Globe (vol. 1 - the only official;-) volume) I guess is well-known around these parts (it made me discover the glorious Prudy). OK, so have a look at the unofficial vol. 3 http://active-listener.blogspot.ch/2015/08/download-pepperisms-vol-thr...
Views: 618   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 27, 2015 6:42am
by Richard Vaughan
Write Hear #2 - rounding it up
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time and sent in their writing for inclusion in #2 of 'Write Hear', for which I am most grateful. Before I organise it into a coherent whole, I wanted to ask if anyone else wants to send anything. It would be good to have a few re...
Views: 528   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2015 8:38am
by Paul Martin
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27