Start a New Topic 
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Write Hear #2 - rounding it up
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time and sent in their writing for inclusion in #2 of 'Write Hear', for which I am most grateful. Before I organise it into a coherent whole, I wanted to ask if anyone else wants to send anything. It would be good to have a few re...
Views: 528   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2015 8:38am
by Paul Martin
g
Gian
those were the collecting days..
a bit of nostalgie... http://i.imgur.com/LpEoRTK.jpg
Views: 848   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 22, 2015 11:40pm
by sylvain
RURAL PROG
came across this term which i hadnt heard before bands such as genesis,and caravan were lumped under it anyone else come across this term?
Views: 824   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 8, 2015 10:57am
by Professor Longha...
The Hollies
Just wanted to say i have been really enjoying the new 5 cd set titled"Changin' Times",to hear this era of the group for what has been a first listen to some of it has been surprising,i sorta didn't expect it to be enjoyable as much.Though i did enjoy the first 3 cd...
Views: 530   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 7, 2015 12:32pm
by two sheds phil
R.I.P. Cilla
passed away at the weekend
Views: 494   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 2, 2015 1:27pm
by Paul Clarke
Curiosity Shop Vol.2 CD / Upside Down Vol.4 CD / Brown Acid comp CD
Just saw these come up PM: Curiosity Shop Vol.2 CD Due soon...Opening up a new chapter in the tapestry of earthly delights, Particles presents a colourful collection of obscured and exuberant pop nuggets. The psychedelic effects have gone and the lightshows...
Views: 1179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2015 4:53am
by Paul Martin
Unknown Groups
Been listening to the Tiny Alice label, Psychedelia Vol 4(The Great Ramases In His Egyptian Temple of Mysteries). Besides wondering who the hell dreams up these titles, I was wondering if the two tracks by unknown groups are known yet. They're titled Out Of My...
Views: 538   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 21, 2015 2:07am
by Paul Martin
'Write Hear' Issue 1, now available to download!
Cue trumpet fanfare – Write Hear #1 is now available to download! I think Richard Vaughan has done an excellent job on the formatting and layout and definitely made a professional looking eZine from my scrap book of a word file version. Everything in it ha...
Views: 862   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 20, 2015 9:42am
by FrothNinja
for progsters
check this album out give it chance to warm up thoMotorpsycho and Ståle Storløkken - The Death Defying Unicorn (Full Album) powerful stuff
Views: 484   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2015 1:44pm
by Wallace Bagg
Beatles rarity??? What ya think?
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LOS-NICOLQUINN-Jimmy-Nicol-LP-NM-MONO-1967-BEATLES-MEXICO-ONLY-psych-HEAR-Offer-/390748759090?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5afa70e432
Views: 948   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 15, 2015 2:49pm
by Paul Clarke
los bravos
im looking for other groups along the lines of Los Bravos any ideas would be appreciatted thanks
Views: 595   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 15, 2015 12:15pm
by two sheds phil
d
dave
rescue co no 1
just like to say i really like the band rescue co no 1 and think their lifes too short singles cd is top quality and full of fantastic tunes. a band i dont think gets enough credit for the top quality music they produced. what does anybody else think
Views: 638   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2015 12:30pm
by dave
The BEST-EVER "rock" lp to come out of UK.....origionally DID NOT.
Wot the lp is, is INCONTESTABLE. Any guesses? Anyone dare to take-up a Prog Masterman on this?
Views: 639   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 14, 2015 7:09am
by Wallace Bagg
Mighty Baby
While listening to Keith Christmas "Stimulis"cd i noticed a few member of Mighty Baby played on it....it got me thinking how many other groups or singers albums they played on,i know they were pretty prolific playing on others albums around the late 60s/early 70s...b...
Views: 660   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 6, 2015 5:34am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Aztec Music Australia
Could one of the lads from Aussie tell me if its true that that fine re-issue label Aztec Music has folded??If so its a crying shame as their cds packages were some of the best i've ever bought,from the artwork to the sound quaity,all top notch!!Bought quite a few cd...
Views: 569   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 6, 2015 2:13am
by AndyA
Thin Lizzy
I just wondered what you guys thought of Thin Lizzy,i've been spinning the self titled debut from 1971,and im surprisingly enjoying it very much,i have been ignorant of this group since i heard the dreaded "Whiskey in the Jar"and the other thousand times its been pla...
Views: 595   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 4, 2015 3:35am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Write Hear - international writing, contributions from female writers, feedback.
Four things: Firstly, I would like to make an appeal to international RZ readers and posters whose first language is not English. I know we have at least Spanish, Italian and French readers / posters here. Although the 'zine is in English, Write Hear would really...
Views: 513   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2015 12:02am
by Paul Martin
Mother Nature CD tracklist
I don't have my Steepy Rojo CD to hnd, if anyone else has, perhaps they could compare it to this one: PM Due 20/07...MOTHER NATURE / Orange Days And Purple Nights 12-page booklet that tells the band's full story, and includes some priceless vintage photos...
Views: 564   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 28, 2015 1:32am
by Paul Martin
Third World War -S/T CD reissue
Just saw this on Burning Shed. I love both the TWW albums PM Third World War Third World War (cd pre-order) A 2015 Esoteric label of the classic 1970 Third World War album. Remastered from the original tapes, this edition includes two bonus tracks a...
Views: 502   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 25, 2015 11:43pm
by Paul Martin
Looking For.......
Just thought I'd try here and see if anyone would know where I might be able to track down a couple of items I've been after for a long time. Please-!968/69 cd There are plenty of vinyl albums available, but I was after the cd if possible, but it just doesn't see...
Views: 534   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 25, 2015 6:17am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Small Faces 5 CD Decca collection in October
Just saw this on Spin site, was a total surprise. Expanded BBC sessions included and everything's remastered again but no track list as yet. Says very little but with more info to follow. Surely this must be an attempt to con us into buying it all for the umpteent...
Views: 534   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 22, 2015 11:42pm
by Paul Martin
CMU-Space Cabaret
Just wanted to say im listening to this 1973 album and i have been pleasantly surprised at how psychy(in a 70s sense) it sounds in places especially the likes of"Dream"and"Lightshine",pretty good femme vocals too!!I must say looking at the photo on the cd sleeve they...
Views: 486   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2015 1:57am
by two sheds phil
The Collected Works of Robin Gibb-1969-70
This treble cd looks well interesting.......heres some blurb from Spin cds website: ‘Saved By The Bell – The Collected Works of Robin Gibb: 1969-70’ captures the entire musical output of Robin Gibb at 19 years old, over a 12 month period from 196...
Views: 1052   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 19, 2015 4:13pm
by mark kirk
Another couple of Obscure LPs from Oz
I have had a listen to a few of the more obscure Lps and you guys might be interested in my opinion. Well maybe not but perhaps the albums may be of interest. There are no real reviews out there for either that I can find so here goes: CHRIS AND PETER ALLEN Al...
Views: 531   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 18, 2015 1:14am
by Scott Charbonnea...
Comes Autumn(Aztec Music)Cheap on Amazon
This splendid cd is in my top 20 albums,i think its that good,im sure you'll not be disappointed particularly as its selling for 3 pounds 99 pence on Amazon!!!!Snap it up as i dont know how many are left!!!!
Views: 527   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 17, 2015 5:57pm
by stuart robertson
Mystic Males vol 2
Must be 6 or 7 years since vol 1... Due soon...From the team that brought you the Soft Sounds For Gentle People series… MYSTIC MALES 2 Pet Records is proud to present the long-­awaited second volume of Mystic Males. Featuring thirteen rare sides by...
Views: 1207   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 17, 2015 5:45am
by Paul Martin
Peter Bardens-The Answer(70)
Just wanted to say im loving the 1970 album "The Answer"by Peter bardens,this to my ears is a late psych feel about it,pretty spacey at times and has a hash laden heaviness about it!!Blooming marevellous stuff"Homage to the God of Light"is just bloody spliffingly goo...
Views: 541   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2015 11:01pm
by stuart robertson
Shindig back again!
With a new publisher, new issue due soon http://www.shindig-magazine.com/?page_id=386 PM
Views: 531   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2015 11:15am
by Paul Martin
which album cover ...
is a dot to dot picture drawn by a band member? just a bit of fun
Views: 593   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 13, 2015 8:43am
by Joe McFarland
Fotheringay - Nothing More book set cheap(ish)
I was idly surfing my 'wants' list against current Amazon UK prices in between tutee sessions this morning at work and was surprised to see thirteen copies of Fotheringay's recently issued 'Nothing More' Book set new and sealed for sale from Amazon themselves (not a...
Views: 519   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2015 12:53am
by Paul Martin
Family-What Next?
I just wanted to say i love both albums"Music in a Dolls House" and "Family Entertainment"both excellent albums,i have just listened to the third album"A Song For Me"which on the whole i enjoyed but in my humble opnion not as good as those first 2 albums..........Wha...
Views: 567   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 9, 2015 6:45pm
by Joe McFarland
reviews for Write hear #1
It would be very handy if anyone fancies writing a review (or two?) of anything recent they're currently enjoying. It can be short or long(ish). I'be done a few, but I think other voices need to be heard here,I bore myself with my own let alone anyone else! so please...
Views: 483   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 8, 2015 10:21pm
by Paul Martin
'Write Hear' - the new eZine!
I just wanted to update everyone on the mooted RZ eZine. I have decided on a title which is: ‘Write Hear’ As far as I could determine from a random web search, there isn’t anything else called that, or at least not with that spelling. I f...
Views: 601   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 8, 2015 10:11pm
by Paul Martin
d
dave
missing tracks
hi ive just purchased the magic mixture cd on sunbeam and it says on the tracklist there are six bonus tracks but there are only threee on the cd. is this the same for all the cds. did they make a mistake
Views: 529   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2015 9:34am
by stuart robertson
Legay
There have been rumours for decades of an unreleased acetate by this band knocking around, but Circle have apparently found 4 tracks recorded in 1967/8. Can't wait! Some more info very cool photos here: Legay: High Flying Around
Views: 1246   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 3, 2015 3:28am
by Paul Martin
Twink-Think Pink mono & stereo
I see that Think Pink has been released as a double cd featuring Mono and Stereo mixes,i bought the Sunbeam single cd with extra tracks when it came out a few year back,im wondering whether to buy this double cd set,i was wondering are the stereo and mono versions r...
Views: 541   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 1, 2015 8:12am
by Biff Skipperty
For anyone with a few quid to spare
http://www.thejournal.ie/record-collection-for-sale-2092303-May2015/
Views: 700   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 28, 2015 7:37am
by FrothNinja
Soft Rock Suggestions
Hello all. This is a bit of a weird one but I'm attempting to make a 60's/70's soft rock/pop comp for my friend. You see, he's in a soft rock band and he's looking for some inspiration so I told him I'd put together a comp of some of my favorite, not so well known tr...
Views: 666   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 24, 2015 4:29am
by Paul Martin
The Hollies new box set
If you have the brick-thick jewel box set of Graham Nash era Hollies on EMI from a few years back, here's it's perfect shelf companion. A 5 CD set similarly encased for the years 1969-73 and for only £17. All their post Nash albums and singles up to 1973 in one...
Views: 739   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 23, 2015 10:26am
by flaxton
Shindig! magazine saga gets airing in national broadsheet!
See here: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/may/10/shindig-magazine-music-publishing-deal Great publicity! PM
Views: 646   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2015 3:07am
by Paul Martin
Little Free Rock new vinyl release
I thought some of you vinyl lovers maybe interested in this new release,it sounds the dogs bollocks..................................i can only hope it gets a cd release eventually!!! Heres the info i found: Psychedelic hard rock featuring the explosive fuz...
Views: 576   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 10, 2015 1:39pm
by alex
o
Omar
New Psych event in London !
Hi All, Haven't posted in a while here due to life and also being busy with the following project: The Psunday Psychedelic Psojourn will be happening on Sunday, May 10th 2015 at Poison, 515 Cambridge Heath Rd., E2, in Bethnal Green, East London from 3pm-9pm....
Views: 741   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 9, 2015 9:52am
by Skip Bifferty
Paul Giovanni-Side Show(70)
Who is Paul Giovanni i hear you asking.......or maybe not....hes the chap behind the music on The Wicker Man soundtrack,and some great haunting sounds there were too!!!!Whats Side Show?This is a group he was in who released this self titled sole album in 1970.Whats t...
Views: 566   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2015 7:45am
by stuart robertson
Music Hall
Hi not been around for a while because of life but good to see lots of chatter. I thought I saw a strand somewhere on psych toy town that had a music hall slant. Maybe even here? Anyway suggestions welcome. Has anyone done a separate subsection for the military? Se...
Views: 556   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 6, 2015 3:12pm
by Wallace
How many - how and why??
I may have raised this before, but my aging memory fails me on occasions. I am curious to know how many of you own multiple editions of the same album / set of albums / artist's entire repertoire. For instance I would imagine mor than a few have all the Small Fac...
Views: 658   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 6, 2015 12:57pm
by Joe McFarland
Kaleidoscope 7 inch
Nice looking but pricey at £10.99 2 track single With every passing decade since Kaleidoscope's demise, the band’s recorded legacy has continued to rank amongst the most highly prized artefacts that define the psychedelic genre. Their seminal debut alb...
Views: 581   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 1, 2015 3:57pm
by FrothNinja
Pilot-Magic??
I just thought i would put this out there,this group came from Edinburgh which made me interested in their albums,i have ordered the first album on cd"From the album of the same name"from 1974,the hit "Magic"came from this album and the other big hit they had was th...
Views: 547   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 29, 2015 4:43pm
by stuart robertson
More about Larrys Rebels
I have just read a article on Larrys Rebels in one of our local papers. They are releasing a new compilation CD "I feel Good" following the earlier release (mentioned on this board last year) This new CD is more for the psych pop fan containing all their single...
Views: 519   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2015 9:17am
by Austin Osman Hof...
Steve Ellis/Love Affair box set
http://www.modculture.co.uk/coming-soon-love-affair-steve-ellis-time-hasnt-changed-us-the-complete-cbs-recordings-1967-1971-box-set/
Views: 540   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 26, 2015 6:25am
by mark kirk
Granny's Intentions DCD/CD set
saw this on heyday M/O - seemingly a private release, not a reissue label. GRANNY'S INTENTIONS / STORY OF DAVID (2DVD/CD) £18 Singles CD available @ £9 as a stand alone CD as well. PM Due soon...The Story of David - two DVD and CD set. Put t...
Views: 727   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 24, 2015 5:08pm
by stuart robertson
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28