Start a New Topic 
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
R.I.P. The Lama
Word is just coming out from the author of Galactic Ramble. Patrick has passed on. Sharp and stalwart poster to Psychedelica Yahoo Groups back in the old days. Foremost chronicler of the US psych scene. No doubt some of you here have his books. Ter...
Views: 762   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 13, 2014 7:45am
by Mr Wisdom\'s W...
The Smoke - Dream of Dreams
Not the 'My Friend Jack' band. This single has been compiled a few times lately and was issued on the Revolution label as was Rodney Bewes's 'Meter Maid'. I wondered why I hadn't seen any copies of the Smoke single on the net, I didn't realise quite how rare it is. A...
Views: 690   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 8, 2014 3:53am
by JJ
RJ Fox-Retrospective Dreams dbl cd
Been desperately looking for this double cd released by Black Bamboo Recordings of early 70s US group RJ Fox/Oasis,i think this was released in the late 90s or even before,been looking on the net,cant find anywhere to buy it.....can anyone help??Thank you!!
Views: 1271   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 6, 2014 12:08pm
by Stuart Robertson
Gargantuan Tapestry of Delights anyone?
It's in 2 x hard back volumes and apparently massively overhauled: PM http://www.spincds.com/live-in-germany-1986-cd-42144
Views: 556   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 30, 2014 11:18am
by Joe McFarland
The Dream ( n.l )
Due 12/05...Following the 2013 vinyl release, this mind blowing collection of Dutch psychedelia now also appears on CD, with extra tracks! The Dutch underground rock-scene of the late '60s-early '70s is laden with lost and forgotten treasures, but the music of th...
Views: 775   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 18, 2014 3:13am
by Paul Clarke
g
Graham
Group 1850
I've just listened to their 45's and I am impressed by their creativity they've now taken top position in my Dutch faves our the Outsiders!! I've been a fan of Paradise Now & Agemo's for a long time but this is sublime! Has anyone heard 'Polyandri'??
Views: 542   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 16, 2014 2:37am
by FrothNinja
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown/Atomic Rooster
Been spinning this fab double deluxe cd of this "68 psych classic which was released by Esoteric Records a few years back.Man the actual album "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown" is bloody trriffic and so hard hitting it pounds your ears from the speakers,a great album...
Views: 693   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 16, 2014 2:04am
by FrothNinja
V.A. / SMOKIN' & TRIPPIN' CD
Looks interesting: PM V.A. / SMOKIN' & TRIPPIN' CD Due soon...New psych compilation from Audio Archives featuring 17 ultra-rare tracks from UK Private Pressings, studio demos and acetates with additional acid-guitar live material. Acts include The TJ Asse...
Views: 1013   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 14, 2014 10:50am
by Paul Martin
BOEING DUVEEN & THE BEAUTIFUL SOUP
Talking of high-end vinyl, I didn't know this came in a picture sleeve. Anyone got £500?? PM BOEING DUVEEN & THE BEAUTIFUL SOUP - JABBERWOCK http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOEING-DUVEEN-BEAUTIFUL-SOUP-JABBERWOCK-Psychedelic-freakbeat-DEMO-5696-RARE/151290...
Views: 615   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 13, 2014 6:06am
by Paul Martin
Ramases - complete discogrpahy set
I just got this today (Amazon couriers deliver on Sundays now!). I've just played the remastered version of 'Space Hymns' and it's beautiful. I bought this set on spec (1000 only made - currently on Amazon UK for £24) as I'd not heard either 'Space Hymns' or 'Gl...
Views: 660   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 7, 2014 10:33am
by Paul Martin
The Move Anthology Box Set 1966-1972
Been listening to this 4 disc book set this weekend,its a bloody fabulous set to have,cracking book with liners by Mark Paytress and track by track info.This was released by Salvo in 2008 along with reissues of Move(double cd set),Shazam and Looking On,all sounding t...
Views: 724   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 4, 2014 5:31am
by painterman
Herman's Hermits "For Love"
I may have mentioned this song before, but it's a great example of a great b-side. The A-side, "This Door Swings Both Ways" is as cr@p as the title. But the b-side is amazing. Not the Graham Gouldman song "For Your Love", but a completely different tune with a great...
Views: 626   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 2, 2014 1:59pm
by Stuart Robertson
Harsh Reality-Heaven and Hell(69)
Been giving this cd a spin reissued by Esoteric Records,this album is a little gem,with some similarities in sound to Procol Harum in places,with nice organ and some fab guitar work to boot,im surprised they dont get much of a mention by uk psych fans as this to my e...
Views: 516   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 26, 2014 7:26am
by Andy C
The Pretties post Parachute/Debarge
I was just wondering about the recordings the Pretty Things did after the release of the marvellous "Parachute"album,i have never heard any of their albums after this album,could someone tell me what they are like?I dont imagine theyre as good as SF Sorrow, Philippe...
Views: 593   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 23, 2014 10:12am
by skipbifferty
Caravan;In The Land Of Grey And Pink.[Triple Set]
Finally got round to listening to the 2nd and 3rd disc and the 1st this week had the set a while but been busy going out a lot ,last night i played the DVD Surround sound and could hear a lot of other instruments fab stuff very pleased with it .
Views: 570   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 13, 2014 3:12pm
by mark kirk
Peter and Gordon-Hot,Cold and Custard
I know this albums been mentioned on here before,but ive just listened to it and i just wanted to say i thoroughly enjoyed it,it really is a pretty strong pop album with a nod to the more pop/psych end of things.Its by far Peter and Gordons strongest album,who at one...
Views: 898   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 13, 2014 4:14am
by Joe McFarland
Los Pic Nic
First heard Pic Nic 10 or so years ago on the very wonderful 'Spinning Wheel' Vol 2 CDR comp that came with one of the most beautiful little pieces of artwork ever to grace a CD. They always stuck in my mind and from time to time I'd check to see if there was any av...
Views: 802   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 9, 2014 11:32pm
by Paul Martin
Pop Cycles redux
I have now uploaded all 12 volumes of Pop Cycles along with the front and back covers to my dropbox a/c. If anyone with a dropbox account wants any of these email me with your email address in the body of the the email and I will send you the invitation to get them....
Views: 744   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 3, 2014 3:08am
by Robin Davis
The Alan Bown
Can anyone tell me what the difference between The Alan Bown-Self Titled and The Alan Bown-Outward Bown albums are? Is one an English title and the other U.S?
Views: 563   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 2, 2014 6:30am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
the comfortable chair
anyone have any information on this band. their album was produced by members of the doors. thanks.
Views: 555   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 30, 2014 4:15pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Kati Kovács - Wow!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxdBV7Mhivs Mind you I prefer the Hungarian version!
Views: 1367   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 27, 2014 12:59pm
by P J Normal
e
eggy
Andwella Dream
I hear they reform for one of gig? Is this so?
Views: 603   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 24, 2014 4:10am
by Emperor Tomato K...
Australian 60s reissue 45 box set
Thought this may be of interest to some here. BLACK DIAMONDS 10X 45 BOX SET-$135.00(AUST) Please note: this is a presale order, release date for this 7" box set is Monday 14th April 2014. All orders will be posted out on Monday 14th April 2014. Carbon...
Views: 1382   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 20, 2014 2:01pm
by Austin Osman Hof...
Out of the jungle - at last.
I have been trapped in the thicket of hard times and no money for a good number of years now, but I am finally earning a reasonable (through not great) income again. Now i can indulge in a few purchases. Because I ahve avoided temptation I have taken almost no...
Views: 879   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 19, 2014 12:03pm
by Painterman
A Way Of Life Anthology 1967-1976 The Family Dogg
Any thoughts lads? A Way Of Life Anthology 1967-1976 The Family Dogg The Family Dogg were a British harmony pop act revolving around the talents of writer/singer/producers Steve Rowland, Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood. Rowland was an American actor w...
Views: 557   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2014 7:05am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
'Hello everyone-Popsike Sparks from Denmark St'. Forthcoming Grapefruit comp
Between 1968 and 1970, some of the finest, most obscure British psychedelic pop singles of the era escaped on the Spark label, the newly-inaugurated recording arm of long-established publishers Southern Music. Recorded in the basement studio of the companys Denmark S...
Views: 1571   Replies: 24
Last Post: Mar 1, 2014 1:20am
by Paul Martin
Elusive LPs - Once Upon A Twilight
I'v always had a short list of LPs that I was having a hard time tracking down. Mostly because there was no know reissue of that certain album ever released and the few times the originals would pop up on ebay they would always be a bit out of my price range. Rece...
Views: 938   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 24, 2014 8:44pm
by Joe McFarland
Jade-Fly on Strangewings-the deluxe edition
Been listening to this folk rock gem this morning,i only have the single cd edition,i was wondering what are the tracks like on the deluxe edition on cd 2 of unreleased material released by Sunbeam Records?I also have a cd by Dave Waites and Marianne Segal titled "Pa...
Views: 695   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 23, 2014 12:01pm
by Gian
what's your music spend - dare you add it up??
I was just looking at my CD shelves and wondered what it all cost me. I find I have spent at least £1,220 just on Past & Present / Particles shell cased CDs and card sleeved box sets alone over the last 10-12 years! Not that I regret a penny of it, but of ocurs...
Views: 544   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 22, 2014 4:31pm
by Butterflyrobot
LEFT BANKE
just chillin to THERES GONNA BE A STORM double cd by this great band lots of orchestration on top of pop vibes. i did find their version of WALK AWAY RENEE a tad weak any fans in these hallowed halls?
Views: 591   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 21, 2014 8:33am
by steve56
contemporary wyrd folk
Not a genre I have any real experience of, though just having got very much back into Mellow Candle, Comus, Trees , Jade etc. I'm starting to get interested. The theme song to CBBC (kids) drama series Wolfblood, peaked my interest. The song is called 'A Promise I...
Views: 776   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 9, 2014 4:43pm
by Richard Vaughan
Piccadilly Sunshine vol 17
Tracklisting: ROGER EARL OKIN I CAN’T FACE THE ANIMALS 1967 / SUNDRAGON LOOK AT THE SUN 1968 / CANDY CHOIR MARIANNE 1967 / HANS CHRISTIAN ALL OF THE TIME 1968 / SIMON DUPREE AND THE BIG SOUND SHE GAVE ME THE SUN 1969 / THE SPECTRUM FORGET ME NOT 1968 / CHRISTOP...
Views: 1731   Replies: 24
Last Post: Feb 1, 2014 1:25am
by steve56
Giles Giles and Fripp-Under the sky
Just wanted to say this track recorded in October 1968 and features as a bonus track on the rather whimsical but tasty album "The Cheerful Insanity of"cd. It really is a mellow floating lysergic pop gem,starts with the sound of cymbals and develops into a spiraling...
Views: 510   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2014 11:32am
by Jim H
o
Omar
Unheard Tintern Abbey Acetates!!!
http://sirhenryrawlinson.blogspot.com/2011/12/unheard-tintern-abbey-from-acetates.html
Views: 1209   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 25, 2014 9:06am
by eggy
Paul Brett Sage-s/t(70)
Been listening to this fine album tonight,as you probably know Paul Brett had played with a load of people like Tintern Abbey,The Strawbs,Fire and of course The Velvet OPera as examples,in fact it was right after "Hustlers Dream"by The Velvet Opera (which imo is such...
Views: 886   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 24, 2014 1:13pm
by Gian
Queen Victoria Comps / SFA / Hello Again
Hello all. It's been quite some time since I've posted or even visited RZ. I guess I just sort of lost my way for a while there and became consumed with other things - some pleasant and some not so, to say the least. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I used to go by the...
Views: 1017   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 23, 2014 2:55pm
by Joe McFarland
Poppsaga - Iceland's Pop Scene 1972-77 CD
VARIOUS ARTISTS / POPPSAGA - ICELAND'S POP SCENE 1972 - 77 CD Due 24/02...For the first-time ever, beyond its rocky shores, Poppsaga reveals the music the Sugarcubes generation grew up with. This is the story of Iceland’s pop scene before the outside world d...
Views: 1028   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 21, 2014 11:22pm
by Paul Martin
Rainbow Chasers
Rainbow Chasers...25 distant spins from the record box that time forgot... Nice collection of mostly turn of the 70s pop (with some 60s thrown in) 2 Vols comped by Paul Martin that have not seen much circulation on here... Can't tell you much about most of the...
Views: 3471   Replies: 51
Last Post: Jan 9, 2014 4:37pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
New FREE Comp "Cobwebs and Strange vol.1" offer
I've always wanted to put together a cop of British Pop-Psych, so this is my first attempt. Cobwebs and Strange vol. 1 01. The Neat Change - Sandman 02. Kelly - Reverand Richard Bailey 03. Deep Feeling - The Tramp (aka Chicken George) 04. The Carnaby - Our L...
Views: 1061   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 9, 2014 11:47am
by Omar
The Alan Bown-Outward Bown!!cd released
Just got notification that this double cd is out released on Grapefruit records.Which is great news as the See or Miles cd is long out of print,as i said its a double cd,one cd is the Stereo mix and cd2 is the Mono Mix with 4 extra tracks.This is a fabulous little al...
Views: 673   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 9, 2014 3:43am
by steve56
Europa beat/exploito
Europa was a very interesting exploito label. Here a bloke has listed them plus some of the other Euro labels of worth like Maritrim-wotsit and Ken: http://rateyourmusic.com/list/monoblue/beat_fur_5_mark/ Anyone familiar with these? I have maybe 15 of them....
Views: 812   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 6, 2014 12:55pm
by Wallace
Fave release / reissue of the year?
I know the year's not out yet but I think I'm aware of forthcoming releases for the next month so I'm going for... REGGIE KING...Looking For A Dream...superb album this and I know a few on here have talked of this already but it really is good, Reggie was such a...
Views: 896   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 16, 2013 4:02pm
by eggy
Love-Forever Changes
Just been listening to this album tonight,i've got the double cd of this and ive been giving the alternate mix cd a listen,what a great album this is,im not surprised this album features quite highly in critics best albums lists,it has everything from scorching guita...
Views: 645   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 16, 2013 10:34am
by flaxton
The Electric Banana
Just got a cd through the door of the recordings from 67-69 of the Pretties alter egos The Electric Banana recordings for the Music De Wolfe company,this cd was just released in 2011 by a company called Enigmatic from Austria,the reason im posting this is to say its...
Views: 666   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 12, 2013 10:30am
by flaxton
Bowie at the beeb, Moody Blues & others
Day off... A few months back after a Top Sounds BBC archive listening session one night and being blown away by the raw power in some of the performances, I made a mental note to dig out a few BBC sessions and give em a proper listen and thats what I've been up to t...
Views: 879   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 30, 2013 6:32pm
by Stuart Robertson
Rock n Roll Medicine
Research on the effects of Nostalgia has found that the triggering of happy memories from days gone by can be positive. Memories associated with music seem to be particularly powerful. (University of Southhampton) Its interesting in that nostalgia has long been...
Views: 740   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 20, 2013 10:48am
by Paul Martin
Rainbow Chasers copies update
Hi everyone, I'm still receiving regular emails requesting copies of these comps and while I'm more than happy to help, the cost of copying CDrs and posting them out to international destinations is becoming quite expensive for me so I've uploaded them to a file sha...
Views: 593   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 19, 2013 2:56pm
by Painterman
Small Faces the Immediate Years - ultimate box set???
Just seen this flagged up by Spin CDs as due in December: http://www.spincds.com/blog/2013/09/25/coming-soon-the-small-faces-%e2%80%93-here-comes-the-nice-immediate-years-box-set-1967-%e2%80%93-1969/ Not that this gives much info as to what's actually on the 4...
Views: 864   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 10:53am
by Paul Martin
Manfred Krug
In searching for that psych nugget one can sometimes find themselves travelling to some odd places and certainly East Germany in the early seventies was a very strange place. The old G.D.R. ( a communist dystopia which needed to control and spy on its citizens) was t...
Views: 665   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 1:58pm
by Paul Clarke
Lord Sutch & Heavy Friends re issue
Anyone on here know this album well enough to say a few words? Due 29/07...Newly remastered edition of the eccentric all-star Psychedelic rock album “LORD SUTCH & HEAVY FRIENDS”. Screaming Lord Sutch was one of the most notorious figures of the Brit...
Views: 683   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 9, 2013 4:12pm
by Stuart Robertson
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28