Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Re: ~splashing through~

Hello dear friends {Smile}

I thought I would leave a little message to say that I hope all are having a peaceful Easter time.

Life here has been extremely challenging in recent times, even more so for family and friends many of whom we have been helping through illness, stress and bereavement. I do hope with the final pass of the Uranus/Pluto square that things will become calmer for all and give a chance for healing both the body, mind and spirit. Pluto has indeed been a hard task master for many and I am sending out a little request to the Universe to allow them all a time for healing.

In the meantime, I hope everyone is well in their own ~physical nows~ and the lack of posts means that they are just busy and not having traumatic times of their own.

Leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter and sending out {{healing energies}} to those who may need them.

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Hello my dear friends.

Liz, I certainly second your request to the Universe for calmer seas ahead. Pluto has indeed been quite thurough in his guidance through the rebirth process. But as you pointed out, we're all about to receive a reprieve, thank heavens!

I didn't post this earlier, but Ed's illness came back after having been off treatment for three months. He's had to begin treatment all over again (for the third time), but we' re nearing the close of the second month of a six month course. This is another new treatment, and his Doctor is (in his own words) throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him this time. It appears to be working, as his lver is now functioning at a "normal level." Hooray!{grin}. The real test, however, will be 3-6 months after treatment, but we're keeping positive.

I'm adjusting to the new meds they have me on to combat pain and fatigue. I've always steered clear of medications for the majority of my life, so this is an adjustment, but a necessary one. I was already on several meds to combat the lupus flares, etc., but then these got thrown on top of them. Must say, I've been sleeping a bit better, but no drastic improvement in pain or chronic fatigue, and I'm trying to avoid narcotic pain relievers, but may have to capitulate soon.

Lakota is still chugging along, having celebrated his 13th birthday last month, bless him. His muzzle is all grey now, and he's creaky getting up in the morning. Yet while he's nearly deaf, his spirit is strong and the puppy in him that never left helps him in these older years to stay young and lively.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. I hope all are well, and sending out love and healing energies.

Love,
Diana

Good morning dear friends {smile}

Just popping in as I meant to respond much sooner to your post dear {{diana}} but as always my own ~now~ took over.

Life has eased up a tad here with stressful events and I am enjoying the spring time with the flowes all bursting out now together with the leaves on the trees. We have been having some glorious weather it is so good to see the sun after what seems like weeks of greyness {smile}

I was so sorry to read that {{Ed's}} illness had returned and am sending out a little request to the Universe that this treatment will be successful for him. I hope that you are also feeling better dear friend - I know it is difficult sometimes to adjust to having to take medication but better that than suffering for sure. I have to take my own prescription painkillers daily else I wouldn't be able to walk let alone live a day to day life so better to do that than just give up doing things {smile}

I can't believe that Lakota is 13 - where do the years go? It only seems like last year since he was a little pup. Mind you I got reminded that Shula is now 7 as she is the same age as Scarlett whose birthday it was on Sunday! She had a nice little party just for the family so it was a lovely get together and even Paul enjoyed himself and said so! {smile} He is going to retire soon from the main business and then hopefully after the girls have taken off the running of ORC this year then we can both retire properly. We are also thinking of downsizing as well in the next year or so as, although I love living here, it is getting a bit too much for us and we now have to pay people to come in and do what we used to do with house maintenance and extra help with the gardening etc. Paul has been toying with the idea of relocating to Brittany in France which will be a bit of an upheaval for sure but we will see {smile} In the meantime I am going to make the most of the time we have still here before starting a new chapter in our life wherever it may be...{smile}

I had better pop this post in before I get into too much of a ramble as well {chuckle}. I may not post frequently now as am not sure if anyone actually visits on not but I do think of all the friends who used to participate and hope they are well in their own lives. I had thought of closing this board down completely but as it is here then decided better to just leave it open for anyone who would like to read or leave a little post {smile}

Well I will go and make a start on my morning... am leaving a {{warm group hug}}} to {{all}} who may enter and sending out {{healing energies}} to those who may need them.

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Happy Birthday {{Hathor}}} !

Just splashing through to leave a {{{Happy birthday hug}} for dear {{Hathor}} whose Solar Return it is today. {Smile}

I wish for you a wonderful day and that this new solar year will bring you much happiness and good health. {{{more hugs}}}

Hoping that you pick up all the happy birthday thoughts and energies being sent out to you.

Love to you dear friend {smile}

always

mermaid...xxx

Remembering Kermit

Liz, this is what I put in facebook today. I am ashamed of myself for not checking up on him sooner. This is what I learned online today.

It is with great saddness that I learned today of the passing of our dear friend Kermit (Stewart Haines) He was such a good and caring man who loved his dog. I will miss him and I am sorry I did not check up on him sooner. Rest in Peace dear friend.
Obituary
Stewart Kermit Haines Jr., 81, a resident of Deming, NM entered eternal rest on Thursday, January 8, 2015 at Mimbres Memorial Hospital. Cremation will take place at Terrazas Crematory. Arrangements are with Terrazas Funeral Chapels "Trusted care for the ones you love"
Born: February 28, 1933
Place of Birth: Philadelphia, PA
Death: January 8, 2015
Place of Death: Deming, NM
__________________________________________________________________________________
I have been sick since we got back from Florida and am just feeling a little better today. I will be back later in the week for a catch up. I am sorry that I have been absent...your friendship means a lot to me.****

Re: Remembering Kermit

Just splashing through to thank you for your post {{elfina}}} - I am so sorry and saddened to hear of this. Words are failing me right now so I will post more either later or tomorrow. I knew something was up but as I said up there I had mislaid dear {{kermit's}} phone number so couldn;t call. We had made an agreement that should something untoward happen with him that his neighbour would let me know (he was given my phone number and email address) and I had heard nothing.

Farewell dear {{kermit}}} kind and gentle soul

~~We shall see each other again
and we shall drink
the morning dew
from the cups
of narcissus flowers~ (KG)

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Elfina, thank you for letting us know of dear Kermit's journey to the other side. I must admit to being a a loss for words as well, other than to say . . .

Sending out a thank you to you Kermit, for the gift of your friendship. You reminded all whose lives you touched, the gift of sensitivity and compassion in an oft times cold and insensitive world.

I don't wish to add any more sadness here, but I need to ask you all to please hold dear Lakota.in your thoughts and prayers. He had a stroke two days ago, and we've been told to make him as comfortable as possible and enjoy what time we have left with him. He can still stand with some assistance and effort, as his rear legs were effected, as was his equlibrium. His appetite is reduced, but he's still eating small amounts of a special food we have for him, and he's drinking water.

What's so amazing about our beautiful boy, is that despite what's happened to him, he's incredibly peaceful. He's also very aware of his beloved ball, which we've placed near him, along with his favorite blanket and an article of our clothing each so that he's surrounded with comforting smells.

We found a lovely vet that specializes in in-home euthanasia, in fact, it's the only veterinary service she and her partner provide. They began their practice when they each noticed how stressful for both animals and humans alike it is to have euthanasia performed in a clinical setting, instead of in their own home. We'd vowed after Serena, that when Lakota's time came to cross the Rainbow Bridge, he would be assisted at home, surrounded by his favorite smells, sights, and sounds, so that is what we will do.

My heart is simultaneously gladdened with the knowledge that he will be pain free and greeted by Nanook, Serena, and Daddy on the Other Side, and saddened for the impending loss of his physical presence.

Thank you, dear friends, for sending your loving energy to our sweet boy. I can't imagine being without his presence at the moment. His personality and spirit are so large . . .

Love,
Diana

{{Lakota}}}

Dear {{Diana}}}

Holding {{{you, Ed and dear Lakota}} in my thoughts and sending out {[energies}} across the Pond.

It is so hard when we know we have to say goodbye to one of our four leggeds and I am so glad that you have a vet who can come out to the house to be able to help him on his way when the time comes. It is the least we can do for them as we give them a good life so we also give them a good death in the security of their own homes surrounded by love.

I have been fortunate in that nearly all of our ~wolfpack~ who have left for the Rainbow Bridge have done so from home with the exception of dear {{{Kirri and Noosa}}}. Having been there with dear {{Chakhotay}}} not so long ago I do know how you feel... enjoy the time you have left together - he knows he is loved and will be able to leave the departure lounge for the boarding date surrounded with love.. dear Chakhotay took his time til he was ready for the boarding gate so we appreciated every moment we had with him as I know you will too.

Sending love and {{{warm hugs}}}} to you dear friend.

always

mermaid...xxx

I am also seconding {{Diana's}} words here for {{kermit}}}

Thank you also dear friend for the gift of your friendship over the years. The lily pond in the original Mermaid's Retreat would not have been there without you. You, along with dear Brenda/Roxxi, were the first new friends I had found and emailled on the wonderful new discovery that was the internet all those years ago. {smile}

I hope that someone is carying for your buddy {{B2}} whilst you have rejoined your earlier ones. I shall miss your gentleness, humour and kindness. Leaving a little ~something~ to remind us {smile}

xxx

the New Moon is today

Hello dear friends

Am going to share some astrological thoughts via Cafe Astrology on the New Moon which takes place today and hope you enjoy.

The New Moon transiting the houses of the natal chart

Look to the position of the New Moon by house in any given month for areas of your life that will be activated for the duration of the month. Heightened sensitivity in these areas is likely, and a potential for renewal is found here.

New Moon in the First House

This New Moon placement is a powerful one—it's a time to reinvent yourself in some personal way, such as with a new look or manner of expressing and presenting yourself. This is a personally busy time of year, when you feel energetic and enthusiastic. Think about how you present yourself to others, focus on changing personal habits in such a way as to improve your confidence in yourself, and concentrate on putting your best foot forward, as this is a time when you will get noticed and make a personal impression on others. However, factor in the importance of authenticity in your presentation of yourself. You do not have to, of course, reveal all of yourself to others, but the sign of Aries associated with the first house reminds us of the importance of acting on our impulses and believing in ourselves. This is a time when you can be brave and enjoy new experiences.

New Moon in the Second House

Heightened sensitivity to the world of the five senses, to your physical environment, and to the security you gain from the solid ground you have built for yourself is in order for this period of time. Attunement to, and appreciation of, the physical world of the senses is the focus, and this is a time to start fresh in terms of how you arrange your life in order to feel a sense of value and worthiness. Financial issues come into focus. Setting realistic financial goals, as well as formulating such things as budgets and other sensible financial planning projects, will be favored during this time. Discovering ways to increase your income is featured. It is also a wonderful time for taking moments to pleasure yourself through earthy, tactile, and comforting endeavors.

New Moon in the Third House

The third house rules our communication skills, learning, methods, daily interactions and contact, and general "busy-ness". This is a favorable time for learning something new, feeling at ease in social situations, taking care of the details of daily life, and developing a mental rapport with others. It is a time when you will be more aware of your environment, and when you experience increased alertness. It's a good time to take tests, fill out forms, start a new course, write letters, make phone calls, and take care of daily tasks with energy.

New Moon in the Fourth House

Home and family may be a focus during this phase. On a personal, developmental level, this is a time to not only listen to what is in your gut, but to pay homage to those feelings! What makes you feel safe and secure? This is the time to explore and develop a sense of inner security. Although the fourth house is associated with the home, it is an angular, cardinal house that stirs up activity. This is a time of re-organization and heightened awareness of your roots, issues of intimacy and vulnerability, and it's an excellent time to come in touch with your feelings and needs. Focusing on your support system and the manner in which you support others is also probable. This is a good time to make long-range plans for the future, to do any type of re-organizing or even re-modeling of the home or home environment, and for family-related activities.

New Moon in the Fifth House

Creative self-expression comes under the realm of the fifth house, and a New Moon occurring here sparks the creative juices. Romantic inclinations are also highlighted, as are any kind of celebratory, playful, and just-for-fun endeavors. You will be especially aware of your need for approval and feedback from others, deriving pleasure from the ways your own creativity impact the world around you. This can be a passionate time for you, and a time when you might feel more bold than usual. If you are feeling good about yourself, and especially if you have taken advantage of the time for re-building of confidence that the New Moon in the fourth house brought, you will fairly radiate during this expressive period.

New Moon in the Sixth House

The New Moon in the sixth house heralds a time when new diet regimes, healthy routines, and satisfying work schedules can be successfully initiated. It is a time of taking care of business, handling details, and increasing your efficiency by re-organizing or simply by working enthusiastically at tasks that help you get caught up in your work. It is also a good time for analysis of any sort, as critical thinking is now at its peak. This period is marked by a desire to sort things out, but also to be useful.

New Moon in the Seventh House

Negotiations and diplomacy are highlighted during this period, as it is a favorable time to begin new relationships or to re-define existing ones. Issues of sharing and partnership come to the fore. Increased awareness of the need for someone significant to lean on or to rely on is often associated with this position. Working on, or resolving to work on, relationships that are mutually supportive is a good idea at this time. If you find yourself sensitive to the feeling of lacking support from partners, this may be a good time to ask yourself how companionable you are, and work on developing yourself in this area of life. You might just find that this is a period when you are at your most gracious. It is also a good time to make contacts and to make something public.

New Moon in the Eighth House

This is a time of empowerment. It is a good time to focus on issues of intimacy as well as developing self-mastery skills. You may experience increased awareness of others—what makes them tick—as well as your own internal motivations during this period. It is a time when intimacy and deep levels of sharing are heightened. It is also a favorable time to start a financial plan, savings plan, take out a loan or consolidate, and do work in accounting.

New Moon in the Ninth House

The ninth house rules our spirit to grow, explore, and expand beyond the "regular" experiences in our lives. The New Moon here may bring some restlessness and dissatisfaction with regular routines. Make an effort to initiate new projects or activities that expand your mind, feed your spirit for adventure, and stretch your imagination. You may feel renewed by a new perspective on your life, something philosophical or spiritual that you read or learn, or an adventure that takes you away from the mundane routines in your life.

New Moon in the Tenth House

Heightened sensitivity to your standing in society and your goals for constructive progress are highlighted this month. It's a good time to develop new business plans and goals, assuming the New Moon is not very afflicted, and a sense of renewal and reinvigoration with regards to your career goals is a potential. It is a time to focus on the elements of your personality that you are projecting to society and as a professional. Goals for self-mastery and self-discipline should be made at this time. This is a phase when you will be busy with career and/or public responsibilities.

New Moon in the Eleventh House

The eleventh house is a sector associated with networking, making contact, group activities, and income earned from business. With the New Moon here, focus is on making contacts and reaching out to others in both a social and professional sense. It's a time to turn inner restlessness into fruitful contact with others. Heightened awareness of your position in life within the context of the group, rather than through self-centered focus, is probable with this position of the New Moon, as well as a need for social security. Goals that involve networking, making connections with others, joining or strengthening ties in a group project/activity, and nurturing good will are the focus this month.

New Moon in the Twelfth House

This is a period of review, letting go, and recharging one's spiritual and, by extension, physical "batteries". Focus, now, is on fulfillment through service, empathy, and awareness of other's needs; but it can also be a time of withdrawal and some sort of retreat in a social sense, depending on your personal and natural predisposition. Some kind of soul-searching is in order, and the urge to find some level of emotional peace of mind will be apparent. This is a more sensitive position of the New Moon, and it is best to find some sort of peace for the soul in preparation for the New Moon in the first house—a period that is more active and busy than this one.

The New Moon favors these types of activities:

In Aries, quick actions that yield immediate results. Undertakings that involve the self and the personality. (Staying power may be lacking). Self-assertion, taking on challenges, beginning short-term projects.

In Taurus, substantial and material actions that yield solid results. Financial activities, and those involving personal possessions, applying for a loan, beginning a potentially long-term relationship, music, home decor.

In Gemini, mental and communicative actions, and more than one activity at once. Reading, learning, letters and emails, errands.

In Cancer, domestic activities, those that involve awareness of personal needs. Home decor, family get-togethers.

In Leo, creative activities, activities involving children, generous undertakings, undertakings in which personal recognition is desired, and risk-taking.

In Virgo, mental pursuits, work activities, services, and routines. Activities that would benefit from tending to details.

In Libra, relationship issues, activities involving teamwork and cooperation, activities that involve self-examination, activities related to beauty.

In Scorpio, taxes, accounting, intimacy issues, psychological examinations, research, self-examination, getting rid of old things.

In Sagittarius, adventurous activities that involve "winging it", travel, higher education, advertising, sports, physical activity.

In Capricorn, long-term activities that yield slow but steady results, practical undertakings, career issues, making a business plan, practical investments.

In Aquarius, unusual or radical undertakings, social pursuits, group projects, trying something new, joining a group.

In Pisces, imaginative undertakings, mystical or spiritual pursuits, inner development, music and drama, going on a retreat, activities involving water.

Hope you enjoyed the read {Smile}

love always

mermaid...xxx

1 2 3 4 5 6