Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
~splashing out~

Just popping in as I realised that Kermit's past post was on 31st December wishing everyone a happy new year. Hard to believe that only 9 days later he was gone bless him {{kermit hugs}}}

{{{diana}}} have been thinking of you with dear {{Lakota}}} and hope that you and {{Ed}} are ok.

{{elfina}} I hope you are feeling better and sending out some {{healing energies}} for you. I guess you must be back up at your New York home?

{{hathor}} also sending out some {{healing energies}} for you and hope you are feeling better.

Well there aren't many of us left now are there? I guess everyone has migrated over to Facebook though I must admit I don;t post there much. Perhaps it is time to call it a day here after all the years. I can be reached at my usual email address if anyone wants to stay in touch.

In the meantime, leaving good wishes to {{all}} who may enter here...

love always

mermaid...xxx

Happy birthday {{Diana}}}

Happy birthday dear {{{Diana}}}}

Thinking of you on your special day.

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Happy birthday {{Diana}}}

Hello Liz (and all who may be reading along)

Thank you so much for the lovely graphic, the Solar Return good wishes, and for the beautiful card!

As you know, our dear Lakota was doing quite badly. We discovered he had blood cancer, which must've been active for a little bit but really took off like wildfire, bless him. He was such a strong, vital dog that he exhibited very until the last couple of months.

On the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, it became quite clear that the time had come to assist him across the Rainbow Bridge. We found a wonderful Vet who specializes in assisting animal family members cross, so we made spur-of-the-moment arrangements with her to come to the apartment.

Lakota had thrown up blood earlier in the day, and that evening, he passed nothing but blood from his bowels. It was so sad to see, because he was still trying so hard to do guard duty over us, barking at one of the suspicious characters in the complex he's always disliked (normally he didn't bark at most people, so when he did, you knew they had some heavy stuff in their aura).

I'll be back tomorrow with the remainder of the story, since while it began so sadly, his eventual passing that night was so moving. Right now though, my eyes are tearing up too much thinking of how much he went through in such a short span of time.

Until tomorrow,
Diana

{{Diana}}}

Dearest {{{Diana}}}

Sending you a {{{big warm hug}} dear friend - I felt your pain in your post and know what you have gone through and continue to do so.

It is always a terrible loss when one of our four leggeds goes to the Rainbow Bridge and the pain sometimes is unbearable. However, be comforted in knowing that you gave him the best possible life and you also gave him the best possible send off. It is what we do.

My love goes out to you across the Sea together with {{{extra healing energies}}} to help with the pain of loss of your {{{beloved Lakota}}}}...{{{more hugs}}}

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers dear friend...

always with love

mermaid...xxx

Thank You Liz

By the time you read this Liz, it will likely be over your cuppa in your morning time. Would be lovely to be able to sit down with you and share some coffee and a chat with you {smile}. And that is why I enoy coming here, because that's what your message board has been like to me over the years, chat over coffee with good friends.

We've seen some friends cross over the Rainbow Bridge before us, both the two-legged and four-legged kind. Some friends that once posted have now found other mediums in which to post, but this board still stands as a testament to friendship, love, and memories. These pages are filled with all of that, and more {smile}. Today is my Jupiter day, so forgive the philosophical ramblings {grin}

I'm so sorry I didn't say this earlier, but thank you sweetie for your loving words and energies sent to help ease the pain of saying goodbye for now to dear Lakota. He had such a big presence, that the lack of that presence has been achingly felt by both Ed and myself.

For my birthday, Ed gave me a wonderful kitten, an American Shorthair we named Khaleesi. As a fellow A Song of Ice and Fire series reader, you will know that is Dothraki for Queen, and this little lady certainly is! Lol. I will send you a couple of her cutest pictures in email soon.

Sweet Serena passed a year and a half ago, so we gave ourselves time to heal from her departure to the Other Side before making this step. And while of course we still miss her beside us, Khaleesi is such an incredible, loving spirit. She is a true Taurus sun with her proclivity to love soft things, a good lounge/snooze, and a loving, sweet nature. Her Moon is in Cancer which blends in nicely with Ed's and my Sun, and she certainly is attached to me and my lap {chuckle}. She also has a strong Gemini/Sagittarius influence which makes watching her antics a riot. In short, she's a welcome new member of the family.

Just looked at the clock and see it's time to wake Ed up from his nap, so off to do that. I hope this finds you (and all who might come by) well my dear friend.

Love,
Diana

Scooter has passed over the Rainbow Bridge today...my heart is broken.

Scooter has passed over the Rainbow Bridge today...my heart is broken.

Re: Scooter has passed over the Rainbow Bridge today...my heart is broken.

Dearest {{elfina}} Awwww am holding you in my thoughts dear friend and sending out {{healing energies}} across the Pond to you. It seems like you have had dear Scooter for so long now that it is hard to imagine him not being with you. All who have lost a four legged companion know the pain that you are going through and words alone do not express those feeling do they? However, I hope the ones left below help a little when you are able to read them.

What we have once enjoyed
We can never lose
All that we love deeply
Become a part of us

Dear Scooter will always be a part of you dear friend just remember he is only a thought away {{Scooter hugs}}}}

Sending love and {{{{warm hugs}}}} dear friend

always

Mermaid..xxx

PS I will be back later and write some more but in the meantime I hope you are now sleeping. {{more gentle hugs}}}

Re: Thank You Liz

Dear {{Diana}}}

I was going to write a post to you first thing this morning but I saw {{Elfinas}} post and wanted to reply to that one first as you will also know and feel the pain she is going through.

I have not had any coffee yet though as have been dosing myself up with Lemsip (cold and flue relief drinks) as I came down with a humdinger of a head cold together with throat like razor blades etc etc! It is still there but not quite as bad which is why I wanted to sit and write a post this morning. It was lovely to read yours and hear your news re the new four legged and what an appropriate name! {smile} I loved those books and might just start reading them again now with that little prompt. {smile}

Heck re your ramblings I love your ramblings - it is a Sun day for me so I will probably ramble away as well. You know I still miss {{chakhotay}} and it is coming round to a year now since he left for the Rainbow Bridge but Shula and Nelson are fine (touching wood).

I will write a little catch up on what has been happening a little later today as the Orwell Lady season is coming to a close now with the last public cruise this Saturday for Halloween and then a couple of charters and she will be coming out of the water mid November so work is easing up a tad now. {Probably just as well with this ruddy cold of mine) {chuckle}

Our clocks went back to GMT last weekend so I had a little extra time this morning (the Universe providing) as I was so sorry to see dear {{elfina's}} post this morning.

Anyway I am going to make myself a nice kick start coffee and make a start on my morning as Michael is here today and we have leaf blowing to do.. remember it is the Falling Leaves Time and we have tonnes of them to bag up! {smile} I am also very good at bonfires now as the one Michael and I started on Monday is still slowly going.

Will be back later... til then sending love and {{{hugs}}} to you dear friend

mermaid...xxx

I'm holding you in my thoughts Elfina

Dear Elfina,

I was so saddened to see that your beloved canine companion Scooter has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. You two have such a lush and lovely history together that indeed heartbreak is the only way to describe what you must be feeling right now.

Sending out comforting energies your way, and praying that you will be surrounded by Scooter's eternal love for you.

Love,
Diana

Re: Thank you

Mermaid and Diana thank you for your kind words about my beloved Scooter....17 years he held our hearts. It was a peaceful passing for him but Pat and I were broken up over it. The Vet and his staff were so kind to us and Scooter during the procedure. We should have his ashes in a few days I am not sure if we will make a place for them here in NY or FL. We leave on Saturday for our winter home.

Diana I was sorry to see that Lakota had passed over this summer. I am sorry I haven't stopped by here in awhile. I am sorry for your loss. I hope your new kitten is bring you joy. Pat and I have decided to never have another pet of any kind. It is just to much heart ache for us.

Mermaid I bet you will be glad to have the boat out of the water and more time for yourself very soon. I must admit I have been a lazy girl most of the summer and have done nothing of any use to me or anyone else. We spent most weekends at camp doing nothing much but riding the trails and relaxing. I am still having trouble walking and still use a cane on and off. I have doctor appoints for tests this winter and might have to have a full knee replacement. My hip is bothering me too so will have that looked into as well. I have very painful arthritis which is the root of most of my troubles.

I am once again packing up for the trip to Florida. We take 3 days to drive it which I am not looking forward to. Next year we can fly as we were not because of Scooter. We bought a new 2015 Nissan Pathfinder last month which is nice and roomy and it pulls the ATV trailer nicely. This winter we will buy a smaller vehicle to leave in FL and bring the Nissan home to NY to stay. I am going to have to cut down on all the stuff I bring with me next year because the planes are not letting you bring so much now without extra payment.

Well I better close before I mess up and not post. I am not going to revise so if there are typo's and miss spellings please forgive me. Bye for now.

1 2 3 4 5 6