Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Mad Timothy - A Very Snug Joiner [?1970]
MAD TIMOTHY - Strong Enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD5zEpFmMFk Not the type of album I'd play very often, but I found this interesting enough and the background to it is intriguing. Shrouded in mystery, supposedly this has been restored from a demo a...
Views: 394   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2019 5:41pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
David McWilliams question
Has anyone ever come across his Bucket Full Of Dreams album? https://www.discogs.com/David-McWilliams-Bucket-Full-Of-Dreams/release/7606505
Views: 489   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 2, 2019 2:52pm
by StevesStuff
The Real Fleetwood Mac
YES. Peter Green - Baby When The Sun Goes Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqSG3DO4jRY What you think? I reckon dimethaltryptamine1's comment says it all.
Views: 862   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 2, 2019 10:06am
by StevesStuff
Mayday - Power to the People and all that stuff
Hope you all had a great Mayday. Lots of activity in many countries for Solidarity & Celebration of International Workers Day. Here's some of John's revolutionary messages in song: That wll be a reminder to some of us about why he was murdere...
Views: 385   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2019 4:00pm
by StevesStuff
Peter Bardens - The Answer (1970)
'The Answer' [Aka: Vintage '69] OK, so it's OTT hedonistic non-PC decadent debauchery drenched stuff, but it was 1970, - the time of the Pill, pot and free love, with some psychedelic adventures happening for those who were so inclined! A bit about Peter Ba...
Views: 478   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 25, 2019 6:16pm
by Stuart Robertson
Scott Walker R.I.P.
Scott Walker, one of the most enigmatic and influential figures in rock history, has died at the age of 76. The US star, whose songs included The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore and Joanna, influenced everyone from David Bowie to Jarvis Cocker. He found fame as a...
Views: 485   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 24, 2019 3:43pm
by stevesStuff
White Noise-( the band) Black mass - an electric storm.
White noise is not on any of the normal lists for UK psych but it certainly aught to be. When I saw write ups for this being electronic and having links to the BBC Radiophonic workshop and David Vorhaus at the helm I expected sound colleges and experimental noise w...
Views: 1207   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 23, 2019 4:39pm
by Stuart Robertson
What Is Psychedelic Music? Poppies: Assorted Finery from the First Psychedelic Age
Out now. All American but not a bad selection. Pity the Cd is only in a jewel case but still, interesting. Kind of reminds me of those 1990s US Comps like 'Endless Trip':slightly_smiling_face: PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqqdnkS9pXg
Views: 426   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 22, 2019 11:47pm
by Paul Martin
Basement Beehive double cd
Basement Beehive-The Girl Group Underground Who do we become when we live our dreams? It’s all here—the high hairdos, the dreams and schemes, the tender camp, the wedding bell fantasias and chaste tragedies. Sister acts, studio receptionists, classma...
Views: 405   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2019 9:49am
by One Shed Phil
LSD Underground 12 [1966]
The info on the re-release of this says: "LSD UNDERGROUND 12 (Lysergia-2513 re) NEW 329:- Before there was psychedelic music, there was LSD Underground 12. Recorded under mysterious circumstances in Los Angeles in the Summer of 1966, this mind-blowing musical j...
Views: 616   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 17, 2019 6:37pm
by StevesStuff
What was the last album you listened to?
Tangerine Dream by Kaleidoscope. First time I ever heard Dive into Yesterday I thought I'd died and went to heaven. Or at least the psychedelic equivalent 😀
Views: 2004   Replies: 57
Last Post: Apr 15, 2019 3:33pm
by One Shed Phil
Diggin' In The Goldmine: Dutch Beat Nuggets 8 x CD box set
Out May 13th. See here: http://www.nederbeat.info/ Looks like a really nice set from masters with lots of uncompiled titles as well as old favourites. The book that comes with it should be very eye candy friendly as weell for fans of label shots. Currently ...
Views: 810   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2019 8:13am
by Paul Martin
Eugene Wallace - Book of Fool LP
Hi, I've just been listening to the title track of this album from a blog spot and I really like it. Has anyone heard the rest of the album, is it as good as thr title track?? I think he was an Irishman, but the Lbum seems to have been isSued only by ABC in the USA,...
Views: 1324   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 11, 2019 12:22pm
by Gian
People Let's Freake Out!
People Let's Freak Out! The Irish rock rebellion 1963-70. 5 x CD box set on Particles released 10th May c.£29 PM:slightly_smiling_face: https://www.amazon.co.uk/People-Lets-freak-out-BOX/dp/B07Q47ZL1Z/ref=sr_1_89?qid=1554661011&refinements=p_12%3A21x-1y&s=...
Views: 603   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2019 1:59pm
by Paul Clarke
VA-Rainbow Chasers
Does anyone have any info on the above double cd compilation its been compiled by some individual who has made a very nice job of it..lots of nice artwork as well Here is track list for one of the volumes 01 - Alex Campbell - Victoria Dines Alone (Saga) (Glasgow, S...
Views: 607   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 6, 2019 9:47am
by Gian
The Candy Shop is Closed
Hi would anyone have track details[and art if possible ] for a comp called The Candy Shop Is Closed TIA
Views: 606   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 4, 2019 3:17am
by Mr Wisdom 's Wh...
Julian Cope - Autogeddon Boxset
So the ever brilliant Julian Cope appears to have a new 'deluxe boxset' coming out... Blurb says: Julian Cope’s Autogeddon, 25th anniversary deluxe editions with rare bonus material and a newly written book, which contextualises this underground masterpiece...
Views: 473   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 26, 2019 2:28pm
by Stuart Robertson
Lullabies For Catatonics: A Journey Through The British Avant-Pop/Art Rock Scene 1967-74
3 x CD clamshell box set om Grapefruit due May 31st. Not a genre I'm a big fan of but I must applaude Grapefruit for their range of genre box sets they have developed over recent years. They are doing an excellent job in this respect. I'm looking forward to both thei...
Views: 639   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2019 11:38am
by Gian
g
Gian
Robin Millar - Cat's Eyes unreleased 1974 LP
This sounds very good to my ears https://soundcloud.com/robinmillar/sets/cats-eyes Apcor should release it in May: http://www.apcor.net/news/
Views: 982   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 19, 2019 4:11pm
by StevesStuff
NOT the Small Faces
I need help. Many years ago, late 70s I reckon, an old friend played me a Small Faces compilation. But, there was one particular track that was NOT by them. Obviously, I can't remember the groups name but the song had the words orange,red and gold in the chorus. Any...
Views: 486   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 16, 2019 3:44am
by One Shed Phil
Kaleidoscope
I have said it before and I will say it again. Tangerine Dream by Kaleidoscope is a stone cold classic. Why it is not more well known amazes me.
Views: 439   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 15, 2019 12:19am
by Maurice
d
dave
reissues please
i was just wondering if any of the cd companies could reissue tj assembly travellin round and jygsaw record their own. i think its time these extremely rare records were given a cd reissue. would be great. here's hoping
Views: 639   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 8, 2019 12:24pm
by Stuart Robertson
Cosmic Circus
Here's a link to a strange 70's magazine called Cosmic Circus..the characters talk like you Wallace Cosmic Circus Best Of.zip https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/2qRKQfUd/file.html
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2019 7:21am
by one shed phil
TOMMYKNOCKERS BEAT CLUB
It’s approaching 6 years since the passing of Werner Voran AKA “The Lolly Pope”. Werner and his friend Ralf Van Daale started the blogspot Roots and Traces: Spurensicherung, Although Werner’s specialty was collecting rare German beat recor...
Views: 1105   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 25, 2019 10:47am
by Wallace
1-2-3/Clouds
I came across a copy of Clouds 1971 album Watercolour Days awhile back and thought I'd get around to listening to their earlier stuff. I was surprised to find all this info and plaudits about their previous incarnation as 1-2-3. Does anyone know if there are any oth...
Views: 416   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2019 4:31pm
by Mr Wisdom 's Wh...
How did people get started collecting records?
This may have been asked before, but I just started following the forum so if it has been asked before, I missed the thread. I am curious about the various ways that people got started collecting records. Back in the 70's I used to buy cassettes, not records, a...
Views: 1074   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 23, 2019 5:40am
by Wallace
The Californians & Friends - Early Morning Sun: 60s Harmony Pop Produced by Irving Martin
Coming up from Teensville Records at the end of March! When I put the Trip to Toytown set together back in 2007, one of my favourite tracks from it was 'The Cooks of Cake & Kindness' by The Californians. Since then, I'd be hoping that someday a full compilation wo...
Views: 443   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2019 2:22am
by mark kirk
Brinzley Schwarz - "It's just for the children of the new generation" 1974
I dunno exactly what it was that was in the Air, Water, Fire and Earth in 1974 but it was truly a magical marvelous year. So much incredible music - too much for any human to imbibe in real time, in those really basic technology days - so I'm grateful for the interne...
Views: 397   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 21, 2019 2:05am
by Mr Wisdom 's Wh...
Best songs about witches, witchcraft or witch trials
I have been following a thread on a facebook group (Folk Horror Revival) where the poster asked for songs about witches, witchcraft or witch trials. Three I came up with were Circus 2000 - I am the witch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13AYlSksJdY& Mark Fry...
Views: 567   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 20, 2019 7:00am
by Wallace
BBC 'The Papers' programme music
Sorry to go off topic somewhat, but I cannot find the info anywhere - on The BBC (news channel) there is a programme called 'The Papers' The ad spot for it on the BBC has a very catchy minimalist jazzy type of music playing over it (piano, double bass, drums). I woul...
Views: 413   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2019 1:20am
by Paul Martin
Music Books
Here are 4 music books for the book worms The Magic Land A Guide to South American Beat, Psychedelic and Progressive Rock 1966-1977 Argentina - Uruguay.pdf.zip https://www41.zippyshare.com/v/chESK0yg/file.html Cosmic Dreams At Play Revised.pdf.zip https://www...
Views: 447   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2019 11:44am
by one shed phil
The Executives
Not the wonderful UK Ginza Strip crowd but the Aussie Sunshine pop/sike band who despite a couple of LPs and a number of EPs and singles have been largely ignored for reissue since The Happening World Of The Executives in 1989! Both LP and CD versions of this are ver...
Views: 493   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2019 6:31am
by Paul Martin
Pat's People - Silver Rains Afar
After reading about "Pat's People - Silver Rains Afar (US 197?)" on a "Sound Effects" list years ago, PM's description caught my interest and it stuck in my mind over the years. It was never a "must have" want, but it sounded interesting enough that I always kept...
Views: 1395   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 16, 2019 2:11am
by Mr Wisdom 's Wh...
Julian Cope -Japrocksampler
Here is the book and the Cd of this superb book Julian Cope - Japrocksampler (2007).pdf.zip https://www94.zippyshare.com/v/5yWs9i6R/file.html Japrocksampler - The Soundtrack.zip https://www94.zippyshare.com/v/4VBjjtFl/file.html
Views: 385   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 15, 2019 3:56am
by one shed phil
Looking for info
On a couple of 60s bands playing the Peterborough area The Maniax Cheyenne Summer The Dickens Set The Kobalts Thanks for any info
Views: 490   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 13, 2019 2:48am
by one shed phil
Mott The Hoople - Mental Train box set alert
Although now pretty much sold out, Amazon UK, although out of stock at present, are offering this set for just £34 at the time of posting (6.40pm 11/2/19) - it was on offer for £42 just yesterday and look at the eBay / Discogs prices for copies at the momen...
Views: 394   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2019 10:44am
by Paul Martin
Davy Jones/Bowie
I'm after on cd, You've Got a Habit of Leaving,Baby Loves that Way and Can't Help Thinking about Me. Any ideas folks?
Views: 430   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 11, 2019 9:21pm
by Mr Wisdom 's Wh...
Love it Or Hate it
Just wondering if there were any bands you could think of from late 60s/early 70s that fit into this category. Usually you can find some bands that everybody either quite likes, or doesn't mind, but there are some that seem to be black or white with no in betweens fo...
Views: 457   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 10, 2019 11:49am
by Doctor Gaz
The Beatles Instant Karma! 1970 (a soniclovenoize reimagining)
On his Albums That Never Were blog, Soniclovenoize says - I received numerous requests for this, so I thought I’d actually do it as a ‘thank you’ to everyone who is listening to my crazy reconstructions and supporting my blog Albums That Never...
Views: 1084   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 1, 2019 6:59pm
by StevesStuff
A lost album that never was 1972. A request.
Does anyone have Soniclovenoize's beatles living in the material world 1972 album that never was(a soniclovenoize re-imagining) LP? If so, I'd really appreciate it, ideally in flac format. Even in 320kbps would be greatly appreciated. It's been nobbled on a few blog...
Views: 436   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 1, 2019 5:24pm
by StevesStuff
g
Gian
UFOria compilation
Looking about this compilation... if it ever existed!Ther should be an inedit Bent Frame track on it...
Views: 429   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2019 2:35pm
by one shed phil
Mungo Jerry "Black Bubonic Plague"
Does anyone out there have an Mp3 of this song. I can't find it anywhere?
Views: 1018   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 1, 2019 12:49pm
by Kevin Gates
"Mod" Music
Another term used to lightly is "Mod" music it has been watered down so much I've actually forgotten what Mod music actually is for me it seemed to be Small Faces and the Who but I know some bands reignited the term in the 80's
Views: 492   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2019 10:23am
by Maurice
a
Andrew
Lo-fi, psych, experimental album
Check out this album I helped out with Suggested listening on mind expanding drugs Or not we might take you places snout.bandcamp.com
Views: 454   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 24, 2019 4:34pm
by Andrew
Dana Gillespie - What Memories We Make, The Complete Mainman Recordings 1971 – 1974 (2 x CD)
Dana Gillespie - What Memories We Make, The Complete Mainman Recordings 1971 – 1974 (2 x CD Cherry Red digipak) reeased 29/3/19 £14 These are her 2 x RCA albums and slightly earlier stuff like 'Lavender Hill' (a Kinks / Ray Davies song I think?) Bluesy...
Views: 431   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 24, 2019 2:05pm
by Gian
f
frank
ridiculous prices
just about to purchase im a freak baby 2 and rainbow ffolly box sets which have been at 19.99 for ages, had a look today the day before they are released for next day delivery and they have both gone up to 32.99. i thought i'm not paying that. why is this. what are t...
Views: 467   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 24, 2019 6:00am
by StevesStuff
Magic Carpet 1972 s/t
This is a very fine private pressed LP from the 70's. Recorded 1971, released 1972. If you're going ' ' Oh no! Not more 'wonderful rare private pressed LPs' from SteveStuff. - that's fine. Just please don't waste your time on my UKPDF posts. Thanks. It's here on yo...
Views: 496   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 20, 2019 11:53am
by Gian
Strangers In The Room: A Journey Through The British Folk Rock Scene 1967-73.
Released March 29, 2019. 3 x cd clamshell box set PM Ranging in scope from seminal UK folk rock texts and chart-topping singles to lo-fi demo recordings, and featuring a number of previously unreleased tracks from the disparate likes of Gerry Rafferty and cult fa...
Views: 681   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2019 6:36am
by Wallace
The Beach Boys - SMiLE (1967) {the album that never was: reconstructed}
Another total beauty of an album from the series "albums that never were" by soniclovenoise. Much has been written about the unreleased album SMiLE; even more so in recent history due to The SMiLE Sessions boxset. The first disc of the set was purported to be an acc...
Views: 837   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2019 6:36pm
by StevesStuff
How to re-issue 1960/70s vinyl??
Following on from the PTOLOMY PSYCON- Loose Capacitor (1971) thread I just thought I'd like to get peoples thoughts on how the lesser known/previously unreleased music has been released on vinyl. While it's great to have all this stuff out there it does seem to me th...
Views: 663   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 12, 2019 10:24pm
by Mr Wisdom 's Wh...
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17