Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Author
Comment
Re: Time is Timeless..{Smile}

I realized I'd forgot to include our dear buddy Kermit in my post Dear friend, I'm so sorry {{hugs}} Wanted to thank you for sharing some of your astrological information with me, it helped me gain more insight {smile}

I've been watching some interesting things unfold all around me in terms of the celestial bodies and their reflection of the events here upon Mother Earth (As Above, So Below). Just feels to me that we're living in a profound time, and while it may appear to some that "nothing" happened in 2012, I believe much did. We're just now beginning to see the ripple effects of the pebble tossed upon the pond.

Giving love to you dear one, and to all who enter the Retreat.
Diana

Happy Birthday Hathor!

Popping in because I realized I'd forgotten to wish Hathor a very Happy Birthday.

I'm sorry I missed the boat for your actual birdhay wishes lovely lady, but the feeling and well wishes remain all the same Hathor . . . A Very Happy New Solar Year to you!! May this one bring you less discomfort, and more of the goodness and joy in life

Love,
Diana

Re: Time is Timeless..{Smile}

Hello dear friends

I am so sorry that I haven't been able to post for a little while as my ~now~ has taken over so much of my time. I have to run a couple of errands and hope to be able to sit and write more early this evening.

{{Diana}} I have left a post in the Healing String and sending love and {{{big warm hugs}} across the Pond to you dear friend {{more hugs}}}}

Will be back later.. til then leaving a little ~something~ together with a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

~Things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember~ (Seneca )

with love always

mermaid...xxx

thoughts for the people in Oklahoma

Hello dear friends

Just a line to say that my thoughts and prayers are with all the poor victims of the Tornado in Oklahoma City. Looking at the papers today and seeing the news on the television it is just horrendous - we sometimes complain about 40 mile an hour winds here and yet I just can't imagine what 200 mile an hour winds must be like. The nearest we got to that was the big hurricane (Great Storm) back in the late 80's and the winds were only 100 mph so something double in strength is unimaginable.

I hope that more people will be found to have survived this and that there is and will be help available for everyone to rebuild their shattered homes and lives.

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Time is Timeless..but not for mermaids! {Smile}

Hello dear friends [smile}

I am so sorry that I haven;t posted much but have been working on getting more pages revamped and uploaded to my mermaid site and have now completed all the Kahlil Gibran pages! Yippee! {grin} Sheesh I didn't realise just how many pages were hosted on the bt site as I also had to go through all the Earth Medicine Times and change the urls on those as well. Here is a link for the Kahlil Gibran pages.

www.mermaid-uk.com/KGpage.htm

I did try to link it with a graphic but didn't seem to work so you will need to copy and paste the url. Hope you enjoy as much as I have enjoyed revisiting and re-reading them all. {Smile}

I know I have posts to respond to so will see if I can make a start on them once I have fed the dogs. Til later...

love always

mermaid...xxx

{Laughing} love the title of the post Liz!

Yes, the tornado was horrible, and likewise have been sending out energies to all devastated by the event. I think the highest wind I ever experienced was 125mph during in Utah once many years ago, and the feel and sound of that rocking the house was truly amazing, and that was just gusts, not the steady blast of a tornado.

No new word on Uncle Mark as of yet, though he appears to have stabilized at the last we heard from his daughter. I do so thank you Liz (and all others who've silently read and sent prayers) for dear Uncle Mark, Mom, Christian, Arianne, and myself. They have most definitely gone to where they are needed. If it is his time to ~cross the Rainbow Bridge,~ than I've no doubt it will be a peaceful and less painful journey for him now. If, on the other hand, he has chosen and been granted some more time to be with his children and grandchildren, then that will be a blessing as well, as I know he will at some level made that decision.

Last month, his daughter and her husband took their children and Uncle Mark to Disneyland. He'd never been and always wanted to go, and while he mostly sat out a good majority of the rides, he was able to see how very much the grandchildren enjoyed themselves, which he beamed about when talking to Mom about the experience {Smile}

The last time I saw Uncle Mark was shortly after the funeral services for Dad (less than a week after). I immediately sensed he had cancer, and told Ed later, but when I tried to suggest that he get his lungs check, Uncle Mark joked it off as he is want to do with things, so I believe he may have known, even then. He'd just gone through open heart surgery a couple months prior to that, so pretty sure they would've seen the cancer if it was active then, but would've just elected to keep from telling anyone.

So I've wondered since then if I should've been more persistent about the topic, but I don't really believe it would've changed anything, and each individual has a right and say over their own body and what they will and will not do to preserve its health. I learned that lesson with my Dad, who was always insisting upon eating sweets and things he knew were bad for his diabetes, and in hindsight, had not business "going there" on such a frequent basis with him, as what did it prevent in the end? His sweet treats were the one real vice he had, bless him, and he managed to always sneak them in anyway. I remember once opening the trunk of the car to get something out of it after he'd made a grocery run, only to find a tin of candy sitting there for his later retrieval and sneak into the house {laughing} I called Ed over to the trunk and pointed at it (as he always went shopping with Dad) and said, "What's this??" He laughed and said, "Why that, my dear, is your father's secret stash of forbidden goodies!" What could I say? I laughed too, closed the trunk, and pretended not to have found them.

Anyway, before I go into a mega ramble here, just wanted to say thank you so much for the positive energies to Mark. They are going as/where they're most needed.

Love,
Diana

Good morning dear friends {smile}

It is a long weekend with the Bank Holiday Monday as so we are going to hopefully go to the boat tonight and stay until Monday afternoon. I have a lot of stuff to do today before we can go as with the weather being so awful for the past couple of days we have to go food shopping and also get some things done in the garden as it is forecast to be dry today. Hopefully we can then get to the boat for early evening but if not then we can go tomorrow. It is just so very cold at the moment with north and north easterly winds and not at all springlike. Still at least the sun is shining this morning. {Smile}

{{diana}} I think you came to your own conclusion at the end of your post in that we have to allow people to make their own choices in life. We can point out things and perhaps offer a different alternative but at the end of it all it is down to each individual what they do. This is why we were all given the gift of free will hard as it is sometimes to see the outcomes of choices that have been made. {{{hugs}}} going back a little re your comment about Game of Thrones – I read every single one of those books last year and have yet to see the TV version. Currently I have been working through Sharon Penman’s books about Medieval England and the Angevin King Henry II though portrayed as historical fiction based on fact and it is very much on a par with Game of Thrones though real to England. I think you would enjoy it very much {smile}

{{elfina}} I saw your post on Facebook and look forward to you getting your computer sorted out when you get back and reading all about your camping trip {{{hugs}}}

{{kermit}} Hope all is well with you dear friend {{{hugs}}}

{{robynne}} been thinking about you so please pop a post in to say you are ok {{hugs}}}

Well I have to go and wake Paul shortly – I have walked the dogs and they have to have their breakfast so also need to make a start on getting stuff sorted out here.

I hope that everyone is well in their own ~nows~ and am leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} to {{all}} who may enter and sending out {{{healing energies}} to those who need them together with a little ~something~ to ponder...{smile}

The time less in you
is aware of life`s timelessness
And knows that yesterday
is but today`s memory
and tomorrow
is today`s dream (Kahlil gibran)

with love always

mermaid…xxx

A little Update

Hello to All,

Liz, I hope you enjoyed your weekend away on the boat, and hopefully it wasn't spent entirely with working aboard her, and you had some lovely ~down time~ as well.

My Uncle Mark is home and comfortable, thanks to all who have sent him out energies, bless you. Especially you, dear Liz {{hugs}}. The word was that in addition of course to the lung cancer, he'd had a mild heart attack and pneumonia, but he bounced back much quicker than the medical staff anticipated. So at least he's in his own home again and comfortable. Mom also said he was in better spirits that she's heard him in some time {grin}

On the flip side, the news for Ed at his Dr appointment today was not so brilliant. The Dr came out and said that the swelling in his abdomen and legs is from his liver, so we now will have another CT scan scheduled and they're also going to take a look at his heart. Will keep you updated on that, but if you could continue to hold him in your thoughts and prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it. I love him so much.

Robynne, wondering how you're doing, and Kermit too.

Elfina, hope you are enjoying the nice weather up North.

I'm going to try to get cracking on making webpages again this coming week if time permits me, as the Site is just sitting there and I need something to take my mind off all this worry.

Love to all,
Diana

Hello dear friends [smile}

After a really cold wet week the sun finally has come out today! {smile} I will have to get on the mower and mow the lawns this afternoon but thought I would pop a little post in here as it has been a little while since my last one.

I guess everyone is busy in their own nows as well and hope that all are well. It was Nelson's third birthday this week and I did pop a couple of pics onto my facebook page. My knee has been kicking up and so I went to see my physio yesterday who has given me some new exercises as there is muscle wastage which is causaing the kneecap not to lift properly and it is grating against the knee. yeul! Would be a lot easier if this mermaid just had a real tail wouldn't it? {grin} We were supposed to go to the Suffolk Show on Wednesday but the weather was so cold and wet and with my knee kicking up that we decided not to go.

Paul went to see his consultant this morning and is going to go the injection route rather than surgery so hopefully he can have those done once we are back from our week on the Broads. We are going there for a week next Friday the 7th June as we had paid a deposit for the boat we usually take on there before we bought Orwell Spirit. As we can't take Spirit on the Northern Broads (as she is too big to get under the low bridges) we thought we would have a week on Superior Light so that we don't lose the deposit. The boatyard were very good in that they held it over for us and for that am very grateful {smile}

It will be lovely to actually be moving on the water rather than just getting loads of jobs done etc on spirit though they do have to be finished before she is totally safe to go to sea. The latest is that we have to get a new anchor and chain etc as the existing one is not strong enough for the size of boat. They are sending new parts from Australia so they should be with us by the time that we get back from the Broads on the 14th June. Then perhaps we will finally be able to go motoring again - fingers crossed! We will go and stay on her tomorrow night so that I can get stuff off to take to the Broads as it is easier to just take things off Spirit and keep them packed for next Friday and then they can go back on board Spirit again when we return.

{{Diana}}} aww have been holding both you and dear {{ed}} in my thoughts and prayers and also your {{uncle Mark}}}. We have a friend who is suffering very much with his cancer and had to be hospitalised again yesterday whilst they try and get his pain under control as the drugs haven't been working. It is horrible watching someone suffer like this and also helping his wife with all the different issues that have arisen. there is now no cure so it will be palliative care to ensure that he can have quality of life relatively pain free for however long he has here on Earth. I do hope that {{Ed's}} scan come back with positive news in that whatever is causing the problem is treatable and please keep us updated as and when you can. Am sending love and {{{warm hugs}}} and {{{healing energies}} across the Sea to you dear friend as I write because I know how worried you will be over your {{beloved Ed}} {{more hugs}}}

Will look forward to seeing some more web pages from you as well sweetie. I still have a few more on Kahlil Gibran to do but am well past the three quarters stage now {Smile} Once they are completed then I will have the Sacred Truths ones to do but I also need to return to my RYA course as I only have until August to get that completed and the way time is flying by it will soon be here.

Am going to pop this post in now and go and get some lunch sorted out as I have just realised the time. I do hope that all are well and wish everyone a good start to the weekend. Am leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter together with a little ~something~ to ponder... [smile}

~When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails.~ (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

And what a beautiful sunny morning it is with sunshine and blue skies - hopefully summer is really on the way at long last after the cold weeks in May that we have had. {smile}

We had a good weekend although we didn;t go to the boat until Saturday night as Paul had planting to do and Robert and a friend came and caught up with some gardening which has tidied things up so end thank heavens {Smile} The garden is now looking more like it should do as it was getting rather out of hand. We had a nice Saturday evening enjoying a meal with friends and then yesterday I packed up a lot of the boat to take up to the Broads next Friday when we return there for a weeks holiday which I am looking forward to. It will be lovely to get back to the Northern Broads and revisit all our favourite places and hopefully the weather will be kind as well. {Smile}

I have to get a load of laundry done today and also repack some of the things brought back from the boat. Seems funny bringing it off one boat to put on another but it has made it easier rather than having to oragnise tea, coffee containers, and basics etc from the house and pack it all and then we will just take it all pack to Orwell Spirit where it all has its own place.

The winch part for Spirit is being ordered today and should be with us by the time we get back from holiday. Paul has also ordered the new anchor and chain so finally I think we should be safe to go out to sea this summer and then go and explore other rivers where we can drop an anchor for the night rather than just going down the Orwell and back again to the marina. It all takes time and it is better to be safe than sorry especially on a boat! {smile}

Paul went to his consultant on Friday and they have decided to go the injection route rather than surgery at this stage and so that is being organised when we return from holiday (unless they can get it fitted in this week). I do hope that it works for him as he has been in a lot of pain and as one of his totems is bear he can really be like a bear with a sore head at times rather than a huggy bear {smile}

Can you hold dear {{chakhotay}} in your thoughts as he is getting very creaky now bless him. I think he may have to be limited again on his walks which we won;t enjoy but the aftermaths are giving him grief and I can;t increase his pain medication so some extra healing energies for him would be much appreciated.

Well I am going to pop this post in now with the hope that everyone will have a good start to the week. Leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who enter together with a little ~something~ to ponder the start to the week {smile}

~Adapt yourself to the life you have been given;
and truly love the people with whom destiny has surrounded you.~ (Marcus Aurelius)

with love always

mermaid...xxx

6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15