Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author
Comment
Re: A little ~catch up~ post {smile}

hi guys,

My friends I am sorry that I haven't been here for a long time.

I have been in full recluse mode. It seems that I feel the energy of the world. During WWII I was a wreck even though I was young I was still deeply affected by all the war. Now it seems that I am deeply affected by all the world negative energies. This latest week has pushed me further into being alone. I am truly sorry but this is my nature and many times it happens when I'm not fully aware. It is so sad that we as humans cannot get along and have love for each other throughout the world; all these tragedies could have happened few years are really sad.

I have always held you guys in my mind and prayers for health and healing. From what I've read lately many of my friends here have been going through their particular trials.

Diana, I've been thinking about you guys a lot and keep both of you in my mind and prayers. I hope and pray that the healing happens soon for both of you. while you guys are glad that they weather is cooler I for one will be happy when it warms up around here. I can't believe the planet warming, just doesn't seem that way and continues to be cool and we're below normal. LOADS OF HEALING and PRAYERS for the both of you. GOD BLESS YOU! {{{HUGS}}}

Robynne, it was good to read you again. I hope all is going well for you that your weather will be pleasant. My prayers and love to watch you my friend. BE AT PEACE!ENJOYED my friend. {{{HUGS}}}

Elfina, the weather in New Yorkit has been really good lately. Hopefully, it will be a lot warmer when you get home. Enjoy and have a safe trip. TAKE CARE my friends. {{{HUGS}}}

Mermaid, sorry to hear about your knee problem. Hopefully by now it is all healed and the pain in his left. It is been a heck of a year or rather the past six months. It seems that many of my friends had been going through a lot of physical trauma. When you get on a boat I know you have a good time and the cares of the world will be left behind. You enjoy my friend and take care; LOVE YOU! Well as you know Pisces are sensitive to their environment. It just seems to affect me more than others. GOD BLESS YOU! I took Paul, Hope he is healing fast also.{{{HUGS}}}

I thank you all for the wonderful energies that you all sent. It is a pick me up that's for sure and again THANKS!

B2 here. While there have been times that my buddy has been a bit down is always been around and supportive to me. His brother John just celebrated his 70th birthday and we were wondering how the time did slip by. It's like my grandpa says,"old too soon, smart to late"in his Pennsylvanian Dutch accent. We know it wasn't his original thought but he always made us laugh the way he said it. We are so happy for all our friends here and very sorry for staying away for so long. WE LOVE ALL GUYS!

LOVE, LIGHT, and PEACE, Kermit and B2 and friends. God bless you all my friends and take care.

Re: In full cleaning mode today

B2 and Kermit, so happy that you joined us today. Kermit, I know full well about how you've been feeling I been in that same mood too. Praying things will get better soon for you.

I started the heavy duty cleaning today. We are taking the boat out of the water later this afternoon so when the boat trailer was moved out from taking up half the garage I decided to clean it. What a chore in the heat but it is all done and I have one thing checked off my list. When I brought the suitcases into the house from the garage Scooter got really upset. Every time he sees the suitcases he knows that means we are going somewhere. I had to bring his carry case in too so he would know he was going with us. He followed me around almost all morning and when I closed the door he started crying thinking I was leaving him alone. He will be a nervous wreck all week until we leave as the suitcases are now in my bedroom.

We are having friend in for dinner tonight to help us eat up some of the food from the freezer. I had 6 big steaks left and assorted frozen veggies. I made a peach cobbler and corn muffins and raspberry date muffins too. I'll make red beans and rice too as I have no potatoes left. This meal will be an odd assortment for sure.

Yesterday we went to a dinner theater to see Menopause the Musical and it was really fun. The music was great and Pat even enjoyed it. He has new hearing aids that make my life and his a lot nicer.

Well I better go and clean up the kitchen before they arrive to help take the boat out of the water. Praying the rain holds off until it is back home safely.

Re: In full cleaning mode today

Hello All,

Kermit, so good to see you {{hugs}}. I know (having Pisces Moon myself) that the Piscean energy is highly attuned to the suffering of others and the planet, and that it can often be overwhelming, but I'm so thankful that you came and posted as I was going into a bit of a "worry wort" mode over your prolonged absence. At any rate, it is good to see you, and sending out some warm energies your way. Though the world is often a cold place filled with such unnecessary violence and hatred, we have love and warmth here in this little private space. So when I find my own self immersed in the woes of the world, I remind myself that there are some folks and places yet on this planet that know how to love and get along in peace. This is one of those spaces filled with many of those wonderful people (you amongst them). Anyways, I've prattled on enough about that, sending you more {{hugs}} dear friend.

Elfina, sounds like you've had quite a busy time of it with more ahead of you in getting prepared for your upcoming return up north. Sending some ~boosting~ energies your way to help things go more smoothly for you. Our canine companions are so funny, aren't they? They are very bright and know our routines so well. Before he knows it, Scooter will be all settled in up North, and things will return to normal for two legged and four legged alike {grin}

Liz, hoping your knee hasn't been giving you too much trouble and that you didn't overdo things this past weekend on the boat.

My shoulder is healing very slowly, still not sure it is a tendon or muscular thing as it feels like there is something "inside" somewhere causing the pain, like a pressure pressing on something. Who knows, at least it is improving slow but sure. Ed is doing a bit better these days thankfully. Next week he will have some bloodwork done in preparation for a CT scan to take a look at his liver and make sure things haven't progressed any worse, so here's hoping and asking the Universe to continue to watch over him as we wait for the time when we can move to a place more conducive for his treatment and healing.

Mom is doing great. Her recovery from the hernia operation has been truly brilliant, so much so that the docs are amazed. I, however, am not as I know how far the healing thoughts and energies go, and appreciate all that went out for her in this regard {smiling}

Today is a full day of computer work as my lungs and shoulder hold up since I've got a reading to get done before Friday, so I'd best head off to get a move on that now.

Sending love to all here,
Diana

Full Moon and The Festival of Wesak approaching

Good morning dear friends {smile}

It is a beautiful day outside with sunshine and blue skies and spring has finally arrived albeit one month late! {Smile} We are building up to the Full Moon tomorrow and the Festival of Wesak so it is lovely that we have the weather to go with it. {Smile}

My knee is continuing to heal and although the last outside incision is still painful the other two are fine. I am seeing my consultant tomorrow so hopefully will find out that it has been a success though the original pains are still there so I am not sure. Back to being a patient patient methinks {smile}

We had sad news two days ago as Thora who is Jacqui’s mother, (and the childrens grandmother) took a fall and had a very serious stroke. The doctors have said that she will not make it and so would ask for your healing energies and prayer to be sent out to the family. She is a lovely person and I believe that the Universe has provided for her with a chance for the family to say farewell as she is now sleeping peacefully all the time so she can just slip away when the time is right. She has had a very long life (celebrating her 100th birthday last year) and although we know that family cannot go on forever (even though it seemed that Thora would do!) it is still so sad when we realise that their time to depart is imminent and that, although they will still go on in spirit, their physical presence on earth is going to be sorely missed. I know that the children are in shock still and for Jacqui facing losing her mother is not easy so anything that you can send out to help will be greatly appreciated. My prayers have been for her own guardian angel and {{Raphael}} to help her prepare and then accompany her for the journey home and have also been sending out {{healing energies}}} for {{Jacqui and the children}}}} these past few days. I know that all of the energies sent out will help and so am leaving my thanks to you all in advance.

I will be back a little later today to respond to the posts but in the meantime it is lovely to see you pop back dear {{{kermit}}} and also to hear from you {{diana}}} and {{elfina}}} {Smiling} Dorothy is coming early today which means I have to get everything ready for her earlier than usual hence my having to come back later to respond to posts.

So til later dear friend – I am sending out {{healing energies}}} to {{all}} who may need them and leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter here together with a little ~thought~ for the day. {smile}

~ “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.”~ (The Buddha)

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

A Spring weekend arrives [smile}

Good morning dear friends [smile}

Here we are at the end of another week and the beginning of a new weekend.

We have had the Full Moon and the Festival of Wesak and yesterday was Scarlet’s 5th birthday. We had a very nice evening joining the children, parents and grandparents for an early dinner at Pizza Express. They do things so well for children there and it was lovely to also see other parties going on at different tables. Paul does not like to eat at 5pm in line with what is better for the children yet he managed it well and helped Scarlet to read her birthday cards out as she was sat next to him! He is learning! {smiling}

It has been a glorious week weatherwise as spring has finally arrived though we are going backwards a bit this weekend as the temperatures drop by 10 degrees. Yesterday evening just as we were about to leave for Ipswich there were some heavy downpours with the threat of thunderstorms so had a little revisit re my fears of lightning strikes on the house. However Paul called one of our neighbours and asked him to keep a look out for us and told him where the spare door key is hidden so if the worst happened then he could at least let the dogs out. The Universe was kind though and the storm moved through. {smile}

I saw my consultant on Thursday and he is pleased with progress although he has recommended that I continue physic and then I will see him again in three months time. In the meantime I have started walking the dogs again and that is helping although going downhill is a tad challenging but actually coming back up the hill is fine (I thought it would be the other way round!) {smile}

We had some further sad news this week as Dave’s throat cancer has returned and the doctors have said that they can’t do anything more for him other than palliative care. If you can hold him and Angie in your thoughts and send out some energies to them I am sure they will be appreciated as they face this next stage in his illness.

Thora is still with us and is now conscious though the doctors have said that she is not expected to pull through. It could either be any day or a matter of weeks but she is hanging on in there with a tenacity that has surprised everyone. I suspect the energies being sent out have also had something to do with it and so thank you to {{all}} {Smile} Jacqui has had the last of her radiation treatment and bless her she looked worn out last night. I know how I felt at the end of my radiation and I did then didn’t have a double whammy with my mother having a severe stroke! Am sending out extra {{healing energies}} to her this morning as I write as the next few weeks are going to be challenging and draining for her. They have spent every afternoon this week at the hospital and will continue to do so and so it was lovely last night for her (and the children) to be able to step out of that circle of distress and just enjoy a little girls birthday party with all the lovely energies that children can bring. {Smile}

We will be back and forth to the boat this weekend, as although we overdid it a tad last weekend, she was also finished off cleaning and polishing by Stevie so hopefully we have a nice clean boat to see and I can then get started with more of an inside clean. She isn’t too bad inside though so that shouldn’t take too long. It is a long weekend next weekend so we might actually be able to get out on her for a run down the river. (fingers crossed) {smile}

{{elfina}} I will write some more in a little while but just in case I don’t get back til later this afternoon/evening, the 27th seems to stick in my mind as the day you will be starting your journey northwards. Wishing you a safe journey and happy reunion with your family when you arrive home and please just drop a line in here to say you have got there safely. I don’t visit my facebook page very much at the moment so if you could leave a quick post it would be much appreciated. Sending love and {{hugs}}} to you dear friend in case you look in here in your own morning time. If you don’t have a chance then the energies will reach you anyways. {Smile}

Well Michael is due to arrive in a few minutes so I will pop this post in for now and then continue writing in my word document to go through the posts in more detail. Til later wishing everyone a lovely weekend and leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter together with a little ~thought~ to ponder for the weekend {smile}

~ If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.~

with love always

mermaid…xxx

Re: A Spring weekend arrives [smile}

Oh I am so upset...this morning I finally wrote a lovely message and it's gone. I pushed preview message but must have forgotten to post the message. It was to Diana, Kermit and Liz. Oh well that was because I was in a hurry I suppose. I was shutting down my router and packing my laptop.
I am working on Pat's computer at the moment so can't stay long. I've finished the packing and cleaning now all we have to do is put it all in the car and leave. We will be home on Monday so I'll say goodbye until then. ****

Monday morning is here[smile}

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

Am so sorry that I have not yet responded to posts as my own ~now~ took over this past week. It has been such a mixture of emotions for those around me and hopefully I have been able to help in a little way for those suffering illness and also those who are about to lose loved ones. Mind you we have also spent nearly the whole weekend thoroughly cleaning the boat as well and she is absolutely sparkling now. Stevie did a brilliant job on the decks and side decks so yesterday I cleaned all the windows inside and out and the saloon as well. I have the cabins and bathrooms yet to do though they weren’t so bad. We will be on her next weekend to finish up the jobs and it is also a long weekend so we will be staying on board as well which will be nice as Dorothy will stay here with the dogs and they love her so I am happy for that. Paul has been also planting veggie seeds as now that spring seems to be here everything is a month behind so still jobs to do for the garden. I am just thankful that we have help with Michael and Robert so it does ease the physical side of things. Paul is seeing his consultant this week so hopefully he will be able to offer a way forward for him as his neck is getting worse resulting in loss of use of his right hand as the nerves are getting more compressed in his neck. It is so bad now that he finally said he would undergo the operation if that would get rid of the problem so he has faced his fear on that as well bless him. If you could send out some {{energies}} for him they would be much appreciated I am sure.

My knee is continuing to heal and I know that is due to the energies that have been sent my way so thank you so much for that. We were both very tired last night but it was good to know that so much had been achieved on the boat.

{{elfina}}} I hope that you have a safe journey north and look forward to seeing a line from you that you have arrived safely once you have had an opportunity to set up your computer at home. I did smile reading back through your posts when you said about Par having new hearing aids making your life easier. I know exactly what you mean as Paul and I have interesting conversations at times because of his deafness and his refusal to wear his hearing aids! {chuckle} He has learned to lip read and I have learned to speak a little louder or make sure I am facing him so he can lip read. The joys are getting old(er) {Smile} Reading about scooter and what he is like when you get the cases out Shula is exactly the same! She goes into a real downer when I get things down for taking clothes onto the boat or when we are going away. Mind you the welcome back is something to be seen and that is whether we have been gone a week, month or just a couple of hours bless her {smile} Hopefully Scooter realises when you get the cases out that he goes with you rather than being left behind {smile} Leaving a {{{welcome back hug}} for when you next look in (hopefully later today) {Smile}

{{{kermit}}} was so lovely to read a nice long post from you dear friend and also thank you so much for sending me the link about the Clydesdale horses. My great grandfather used to breed them so it was lovely to see those beautiful animals again.

Aww we all can go into quiet mode dear friend and I quite understand where you are coming from re all the negative happenings in the world today. We also have to remember that there are good things happening as well though even if it seems that we are being overtaken by the negative stuff. As long as you keep popping a line or two in here then it saves us all going into total ~worry wort~ mode for you {Smiling} Sending love and {{warm hugs}} across the Pond to you dear friend. {Smile}

{{diana}}} Sending out a blast of {{healing energies}} for your shoulder sweetie and hope that it is improving somewhat. The way that time is flying by it will soon be time for you and {{ed}} to move to a better environment which will then assist with healing for him and you also. Sending out a little request to the Universe to perhaps make it a bit earlier and bring something better sooner for you both. {{{hugs}}}

I need to write up more responses which I will do a bit later as my own now has caught up with me and I have to make a start on my day. I am not going to proof read as am late already. Sheesh where does the time go to! {chuckle} So til later leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

HOME

After a 1500 mile road trip we are home. Scooter was a good boy and I tried not to make Pat to nervous while he was driving. Sunday was a good day but today was hard..we started in the dark with fog and rain and hit traffic most of the day. I am so glad to be home. The heat is on now as is the water so we are officially settled in. Tomorrow will be for all the unpacking but I am sure in a few days it will be as if we never left. I am still setting up the computers and won't do mine until tomorrow when I set up the laptop. Better go as I have lots of updates to download. Be back soon.****

Welcome to the merry month of May! {smile}

Good morning dear friends as we bid welcome to the merry month of May! {smile}

Outside the sun is shining, there are blue skies and many of the trees are now clothed in their green mantle of leaves although some are still behind a bit. {smile} The blossom is also out on some of the fruit trees so it brings hope that perhaps we will have a summer after all this year! {smile}

Paul is going to see his consultant today to hear the results of his scans and what can or cannot be done about his condition. I know he is nervous about it so am sitting here quietly sending energies to him whilst he is still sleeping with the hope/wish request to the Universe that all will be well for him. {Smile}

It is a day of consultants because Dave (our friend who has the throat cancer) sees his oncologist today as well to see what can be done to help him with his palliative care from hereonin until it is time for him to return Home to the Source of All that Is. Am sending out some {{healing energies}} to him and {{Angie}}and the family as they face this difficult time ahead.

I have resumed my studies for my RYA navigation and seamanship theory course as I still have a couple of modules to go until that is completed so am seding out a little request to the Universe to help me get focussed and learn and complete it this month.

{{{elfina}}} so good to see you have arrived home safely and am sure that you will soon have the house up and running in no time at all! {smile} I should think Scooter is very happy that he has room to wander about outside and hope that he doesn’t have a return of his skin condition. Re-reading your post where you lost one – if I am writing up a long post (as I am doing this morning) then I write them up in a word document and copy/paste them into the message window for that very same reason. If it doesn’t post then I can always do it again and it is not lost. It is so frustrating especially if a long post has been written so I do understand. {smile} Sending a {{{warm hug}} across the sea to you dear friend and don’t go too berserk in cleaning! {smile}

{{[diana}}} {{more healing energies}}} on their way across the Pond to you dear friend and I do hope your shoulder is improving {{hugs}}. With having had the sun shining here now for quite a few days in succession I am getting loads of energies coming through which I guess having the Sun as my chart ruler is not surprising is it? {laughing} So it is lovely this morning to be sending them out to all who need them and also sending for {{{ed}}} as well. I was just thinking (whilst re-reading your post) that isn’t it amazing with Serena (?) being 17 years old? We never seem to have our fourleggeds for much longer than 12 if we are lucky. Chakhotay will be 11 in a couple of weeks time and I am hoping that he will be able to have the summertime to enjoy as he is getting quite creaky now bless him though he is still enjoying life so that is good. Sending {{hugs}}} across the Pond to you sweetie and hope that {{ed}} gets on well this week. {Smile}

{{{kermit}}} sending out another dollop of {{energies}}} across the Pond to you dear friend. I know (as a fellow Pisces) that it can be so hard when there are negative energies created by some of the things that are happening in the world right now and so do understand how you are affected by it. All we can do is send out more {{loving energies}}} with the hope that one day mankind will learn to live in harmony with all. It may not be in our lifetimes but one day I hope it will happen. Bless you my friend and I hope that you will be feeling the energies that spring brings together with the new life in everything that is bursting through. {{{hugs}}} to you and {{B2}} dear friend and look forward to hearing from you again soon. {Smile}

Well looking at the time I see it is nearly time to make a start on my morning so I will pop this post in and wish everyone a lovely start to the month of May. Leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter together with a little ~thought~ for the day {smile}

~Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you. ~ (Richard Bach)

with love always

mermaid…xxx

Re: Welcome to the merry month of May! {smile}

Here I sit on Pat's computer...I cannot get my router attached properly to this computer I have tried 4 times already. I'll have to buy a new one soon. In the meantime my computer time is limited. It is absolutely beautiful here this week with all the new buds and flowers blooming. It's a bit cool today 66 degrees but oh so sunny and bright. I have pretty much caught up on the unpacking, washing up and fixing up the inside of the house. It is my spring garden that needs lots of TLC when I can get to it. We will be going to Denise's this weekend for the girls communion celebration on Sunday. We have decided to stay at a hotel this time as it is much easier especially because she is having a large gathering at the house after church. It is also my son in laws 40 birthday today with the party shared with the girls on Sunday.

I hope Paul's results were good...please keep us posted. Waving to the room in a bit of a hurry as Pat just came in with a job for me to help him with. Bye for now.

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13