Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author
Comment
Re: For you dear {{{Mermaid}}}} {{hugs}}}

Dearest Mermaid,
Let the healing begin...I pray that you are up and around soon but please don't overdo it.
Use the cane when needed and don't expect to be healed in a day.

Thank you so much for the information about my chart and transits. I just knew Saturn was doing a number on me at the moment. The following really speaks to me and the timing is exact about something that I have been dealing with.

“Saturn square Saturn: Soul-searching – From Mid-December 2012 until end of September 2013: This is a critical period in which several aspects of your life and experience will be tested, especially those that began to be important about seven years ago."

I have copied out your entire post and will refer to it often in the coming days. The dates of some of the transits are uncanny as compared to my life.

It is very hot here and humid lately and the days all just seem to run together. We will be going back to NY on the 27th. I pray the weather there improves as it is snowing again there today. Once again thank you for such a lovely long and interesting message. I'm sending you an extra burst of healing energy dear friend.

Waving to the room and wishing each of you a healthier better day today and an even better one tomorrow.

Re: For you dear {{{Mermaid}}}} {{hugs}}}

aww you re very welcome dear {{elfina}}}

I wanted to get that written for you because your energies felt so flat and at least now we have a reason for it. If there is anything I can help you with just email me privately ok? {{hugs}}}

Am a bit tired now tonight so I am going to have an early night of it as my knee is hurting a tad... paul did say he was amazed that I was walking about so well (he doesn;t know the energies that have been sent over to me {grin} ) but I think that a bit of rest is now due (as it has been quite a busy day today with work stuff) so I will write a bit of a catch up post in the morning.

I have started a nice new book on my kindle and was reading it in the hospital yesterday so that is what I am going to go and do now. So til tomorrow...I hope that all are well in their own ~nows~ {smile}

with love always

mermaid...xxx

A lovely spring morning is here {smile}

Good morning dear friends [smile}

It is a beautiful morning outside today in fact really spring like at last! {smiling} Yesterday was a tad challenging as it started with the power being cut and it was off for most of the day. Apparently there was a fault on one of the main lines and the engineers had to find and fix it. I think it was probably a blessing in disguise as I did have a bit of a relapse with knee and side effects so, after getting up really early because of pain, I then stayed in bed most of the day and evening just getting out to do the exercises I have been given.

With no power meant that I couldn’t get online because of the routers being down (and PC’s of course) so I spent the day alternating between sleeping, and just reading. Paul was very good in making sure I was ok and bringing food and drink, and Michael came to do animals and walk dogs. He will come this morning and then Paul will take the dogs this afternoon.

Penny and Bob are arriving later this afternoon to stay overnight as it is Olly’s 40th Birthday celebration big party tonight. We had a nice family dinner on Tuesday (his actual birthday) and this weekend is the big celebration ~do~. We will be going tonight but not staying late. Well I hope to be going but will see how I am by this evening as I should put in an appearance but will wait and see how I am later on. It has certainly been a rather challenging week that’s for sure but all things pass and this will too. {Smile}

{{elfina}} We all have those ~Saturn moments~ dear friend and as I said up there all things do pass and yours will also {{hugs}}} I am sure that by the time the 27th arrives the weather will have improved somewhat in the north for you when you return to your home. The fresher weather will also probably help as well. I know that hot and humid drains the energy right out of me – well more the humid rather than hot as I can stand the dry heat. Paul loves humidity and me I just melt! {chuckle} We finally have daffodils out – they are only a month late! {smile} Yesterday we had lots of rain which was needed albeit it was cold (and we had no heating because of the power being off!). So hopefully spring has now finally arrived and you will be feeling much better when you get back to the north to find the spring there as well. {smile} I know the winter here has seemed to go on forever and hope it isn’t a sign of things to come weatherwise.
Sending you a {{{big warm hug}}} across the pond together with a goodly amount of {{{healing energy}} yourself sweetie {smile)

{{diana}} hope all is well sweetie and sending you some {{{healing energies}} also. {{{hugs}}}

I hope that everyone is well in their own nows and will pop this post in now as I need to make a start on my morning although it might be a bit of a slow one as I will pace myself for sure {smile}. Leaving a little thought from Lao Tsu for the weekend together with a {{{warm group hug}} to {all}} who may enter {smile}

~Knowing others is to be clever.
Knowing yourself is to be enlightened.
Overcoming others requires force.
Overcoming yourself requires strength.~

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: A lovely spring morning is here {smile}

Good Morning...it's a beautiful day here today. Looking forward to a walk on the beach a little later. Mermaid, I hope you were well enough to go to Ollie's party last night. I bet it was a fun evening. My son in law will be 40 on the 5th of May and there will be a large surprise party for him that weekend. It is also the weekend the girls are making their first communion which will be another huge party. The girls party is during the day and his will be in the evening. My daughter is certainly taking on a large responsibility. I'll probably end up doing a lot of the cooking for the parties.

Our winter in Florida will be over in just 2 weeks and there is still so much I wanted to do but never got to. I am thankful that we are driving home this year so I can bring home some things that I have here that I want there.

Well I better get going if I want to get to the beach before the sun gets to hot, it is going to be a scorcher later I think.

Sending a blast of healing energy your way Mermaid and some for each of you as I have a little to spare today.

Re:The Masters

Paul must be over the moon with joy over Adam Scott's win at the Masters. It was an exciting play off. Pat has lost 2 more of his golf partners this winter. Over the years he played with 7 others and of them only 1 is left now. He as gone from playing once a week to now only once this winter. I am happy that his health problems are better now and he is starting to feel more like his old self. We took a wonderful walk yesterday at a nature preserve. We saw so much wildlife including alligators and feral pigs and piglets in the wild. I took some pictures and will try to put some on facebook later today.

I hope you are not overdoing it Liz but just following orders and healing properly. Sending more healing energies out so that your knee is 100 percent healed soon.
I better go and put the wash in the dryer....Happy Monday to the room.*****

Re: Re:The Masters

{{elfina}}} lovely to read your posts dear friend - I did overdo it a bit over the weekend and yes, have paid the price for that. I will do more of a write up in the morning about it as we both stayed up for the Masters last night which was a great finish but meant that didn;t get to bed til 2am so am really tired today.

Will write a catch up post in the morning and respond to yours as well {{elfina}} just wanted to pop a line in to say I had seen them {Smile}

Hope all are well and will be back in the morning... til then

love always

mermaid...xxx

What tragic events

Good morning dear friends

I didn’t see the news last night and so have only just seen the tragic news of what has taken place in America yesterday. I will write my catch up post later today and in the meantime I am holding in my thoughts and prayers the victims, families and friends of the victims and all who have been affected by the terrible events in Boston at the finishing line of the Marathon which was taking place.

Having seen some of the pictures this morning of the devastation caused I am beyond words and am at a loss to even try and understand what drives someone to even think of such an act let alone carry it through to such a dreadful conclusion. This sort of senseless violence towards innocents can never ever be justified in anyone’s twisted mind. The way forward to wordwide harmony, understanding and peace is dialogue not destruction.

Sending out {{loving and healing energies}}} to {{all}} those affected by this act of terror towards one’s fellow beings.

I will be back later today… til then leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter together with a thought from The Teachings of Buddha….

~No mortal act can cleanse a man who deliberately wears the chains of delusion~

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: What tragic events

Hi All,Mermaid I hope you have been resting and healing...I've been glued to the TV since the tragic bombings in Boston. It has always been my favorite city so full of life and friendly people and beautiful old places. Since 911 we have lost so many of our freedoms. My sister and niece are supposed to be at Harvard University tomorrow for a tour of the campus as she may be excepted there. They will have to change their plans now as the campus is being vacated as I type. I am praying they catch this mad man/boy before any one else is hurt or killed.

Pat and I had blood work done this morning and had to wait almost 2 hours to get it drawn. They were that busy. Doctor appoints on the 24th hopefully this will be it for the year. Getting our prescriptions for the summer and fall. I started my packing up a little while ago. Funny how many little chores there are to close up this house.

Wishing you all a relaxing and nice weekend. I hope to have one.

A little ~catch up~ post {smile}

Hello dear friends {Smile}

I thought I would pop a post in this morning as we are going to spend today and tomorrow on the boat catching up with some jobs on her as she needs to be cleaned down after all the snow. The forecast is good so it will be nice to spend a little time on her.

My knee is continuing to heal. I went to physio this week and will see her again in a fortnight. Next week I will see my consultant to see if the operation was a success. Two of the wounds are healing up well and the third one on the right side of my knee is taking a little longer and is still painful but it is still only 10 days since the op and the physio informed me that it will take 4-5 weeks til the effects will have totally worn off and then I should be back to normal so as to speak {smile}

I am going to walk the dogs today for the first time as Michael is away this weekend and it is a beautiful morning outside with the sun shining so am looking forward to that and have made a little note to take it easy. Walking on level ground is fine – the slopes are a little more challenging though {smile}

Paul had his MRI scan done at the same time as my appointment with physio so we were able to go to the hospital together. Sheesh the joys of getting older with all the creaking joints etc etc! {chuckle} He should have the results in a couple of weeks as his consultant is away at the moment and then we will find out the best way forward for him. So in the meantime he can focus on other things like seeds to be planted and things to do on the boat! {Smile}

Just re-reading the posts we did have a lovely time at Olly’s 40th party although my knee was not being on its best behaviour. Mind you it was only 3 days after the op so really it wasn;t too bad at all. We left around 10.30 and I was glad to get to my bed I must admit. On the Sunday we all went to the boat as the sun was shining and then the children and grandchildren joined us there. Olly spent most of the time up on the top deck with the grandchildren as he was feeling a tad under the weather (I wonder why!) {smile} Penny and Bob enjoyed seeing them and we had a bit of a picnic type lunch on board. It saved the children having to get kids loaded up into two cars and then drive out to us and also meant that Penny and Bob were 5 minutes away from the main road back to London and Kent and it was lovely to actually be on the boat again. Hopefully we will be able to spend more time on her this summer.

{{{elfina}}} Aww you will be nearly packed soon and then ready to return up north to your lovely house there. {Smile} It must be lovely to get away from the harsh winters in the north and I know Paul is feeling it badly with the last two winters that we have had – he has been making noises about us being able to get away perhaps to the Southern Mediterranean with the boat for the winter though right now that wouldn’t be entirely practical with three dogs and 38 sheep as they wouldn’t all fit! {grin} I think that with the dreadful weather last summer and then this winter the cold and wet weather has seemed to go on forever.

Was so glad to read that Pat’s health problems are sorted out and it must be so sad for him with his golfing friends nearly all gone now. Paul played yesterday and was suffering from it last night but it is nice for him to have the ~boys own~ enjoyment when his group all get together (which they try to do every Friday but doesn’t always work out because of the awful weather). Hopefully now the spring seems to have arrived then they can play more regularly. That was certainly a lovely finish at the Masters and what a good sports they both were with each other unlike some in the game now. It was lovely to see. I did think of Pat then and thought he would be watching it and enjoying. {Smile}

Your walk sounded lovely – we like doing that as well and I know that there is a special reserve up on the Northern Broads that we like to go to and will no doubt return there for a walk on the boardwalk through the reeds when we go to the Broads in June. We are still going to visit there with hiring a boat as we can’t take ours to the Northern Broads as she won’t go under the bridges! It will be nice to return there as we haven’t been now for a couple of years and we can revisit some of the lovely places that we go to there. Perhaps this year we will take ours up the coast to Lowestoft or Great Yarmouth and then go into the southern broads as we can get to those although they are not as pretty as the northern ones and a bit more open and exposed with acres of reed beds everywhere. {Smile}.

I too having been following the tragic events on your side of the Pond. What with the terrible bombings in Boston and that dreadful explosion at the fertiliser factory in the town in Texas it was been an awful week in the US hasn’t it. I saw yesterday that one of the bombers had been killed and the other was still at large with the whole city being in lock down but I haven’t seen the news this morning. Actually I can take a quick peek at the headlines. Oh my goodness I see they have got him and he was hiding in a boat of all things. Well that is good and perhaps now they have a live captive they might find out why those two felt the need to go and do such a thing. Having said that I doubt it but at least it will help the victims and families to know that the two brothers are no longer loose in society to perhaps do it again and one can face charges now although it sounds as though he was seriously wounded when he was apprehended. I haven’t read any more as I want to get this post finished and it is nearly time for the dogs to have their breakfast. At least the people in Boston can now rest easier in their homes and on the streets.

It doesn’t seem like yesterday since you were packing to go south and now reversing it all to go north dear friend {smiling} Not much longer now is it – I meant to ask how long will it take you to drive there. Am sure Scooter will probably enjoy that more even though the plane journey is a lot quicker. Hope you have a lovely weekend enjoying the warm Florida sunshine for your last week in between getting the house ready to close up til the autumn time. Thank you so much for the healing energies as well I am sure that they have made such a difference for me. Am sending love and {{{warm hugs}} across the Sea to you sweetie. {Smiling}

Well talking of dogs I am now being reminded that it is indeed time for their breakfast so I will pop this post in with the hope that all are well and wishing everyone a good weekend. Leaving a little ~thought~ from ~The Teachings of Buddha~ which is quite apt {smile}

~There is no greater gift than good health.
Take care of it~

Sending out {{{healing energies}} to {{all} who may need them and leaving a {{{warm grou phug}} to {{all}} who may enter....

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: A little ~catch up~ post {smile}

Hello to All,

Elfina, it's good to see that your energies are rebounding some, and am sending a little ~boost~ your way as I type this.

Liz, glad to hear that the knee is coming along. Continuing to send out healing energies your way dear friend. Please don't overdo on the ship this weekend, as it's still so soon after your operation. Yup, Cancer nag there {laughing}

The weather here has begun turning hot again, after a nice reprieve last week of temps in the 70s. But this coming week, we'll be in the 90s again, which by the end of April we usually hit 100, so have actually been somewhat "cooler" than normal. Let's hope that trend continues for the summer!

I've managed to go and bugger up my right shoulder/rotator cuff. Goes back to an old injury first sustained in my late 20s when I took a nasty spill from a bike and dislocated my right shoulder. Then about a year before Dad passed away, I fell again, tripping over a stone and falling face first into the car door and landing on the bad shoulder. So every once in a while, all it takes is sleeping on it wrong or twisting in my sleep and pop, there it goes. I must say, despite the fact that I've a high pain tolerance, this time it was so bad as to actually bring tears to my eyes. The ER is so expensive that I chose not to go, so have been applying home treatment to it instead that they've done in hospital in the past. Ed, bless him, made me a sling to stabilize the joint, and it feels a bit better today, thank heavens!

Was so relieved to see that the other bomber of the horrid events in Boston was apprehended. Now, hopefully, the nation (and especially Boston) can begin the gradual healing process. My heart goes out to the families of all involved, and am certain that his captured has eased their minds some.

Seeing the cat staring at me for her morning bowl of wet food, I better go before she gets cranky. She'll be 17 in June, but she still has a good strong vocal box {laughing}

Love to all, and hoping our buddy Kermit checks in soon,
Diana

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12