Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
2015 Posts

Hello dear friends {smile}

Wishing {{all}} who enter a very Happy New Year.

Here at the start of 2015 I hope that it will bring us all good health, peace, love and joy all wrapped up in the spirit of friendship. {smile}

My New Year's resolution is to write more in the board here... I will be back tomorrow (or indeed later today) to respond to posts left in the 2014 string. {smile}

Til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} to {{all}} who enter and sending out {{healing energies}} to those who need them together with a little ~something~ to ponder for the New Year. {smile}

‘Our life has value as long as we attribute value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion.’ ~Simone de Beauvoir~

with love always

mermaid...xxx

A little ~Catch up~ {smile}

Good morning dear friends {smile}

Before I do anything else this morning I will go back through the posts left unanswered in the 2014 thread otherwise time will flow on and I will forget. It is a Neptune day for me so this post could be a bit wafty but we shall see {smile} I must admit I will be glad when the mornings are bit lighter as sitting here with the darkness outside makes one feel as though it is the middle of the night (which it isn’t) {chuckle}

I do hope that you all had a good Christmas and New Year celebration. As I said ours was quiet on Christmas Day itself and it was just the two of us seeing in the New Year watching the televised fireworks in London when Big Ben struck midnight at the start of 2015. They were beautiful this year and even Paul didn’t say that Sydney’s were better (which he has done for years!) {chuckle}

{{{elfina}}} I hope that your knee is continuing to heal after the surgery – you have been in my thoughts a lot as I know what it is like to have knee problems and the after math of surgery. It is the challenge of getting older isn’t it dear friend that can get to us and Saturn brings those to us in heaps. I believe I said somewhere in one of my posts that I will have some major hits with Saturn this year (he will be square my Sun and square himself as well just for good measure!) so I will just have to get on with it and see what he brings to me. I have been sending out {{healing energies}} across the Pond to you and when you feel up to it please drop a post in here to let us know how you are healing. Hopefully you are having nice warm weather in Florida which should help with joint pain as well rather than the cold we are having here at the moment. Mind you it is not quite as bad for the next day or so (just high winds at the moment and rain forecast tomorrow and then freezing weather again from Monday) so I will make the most of it! {smile} Sending love, {{warm hugs}} and {{healing energies}} across the Pond to you dear friend with the wish for a much better 2015 for you. {smile}

{{Diana}} It was lovely reading about your nice peaceful Christmas and I hope that the joy continues through 2015 for you both. It is important to have these times so that they can be added to our memory books to refresh back to when times are a tad more challenging. {smile} How is {{Ed}} doing with his treatment and also how are your own health issues? I hope that your {{Mom}} is doing well also and please pass on my good wishes to her when you next have contact. I am also sending my own good wishes to you both for a very happy and healthy 2015 together with {{healing energies}} and a {{{big warm hug}} {smile}

{{Hathor}}} I hope that you had a lovely Christmas time and that 2015 is easier for you. I think we have all had challenges last year so with the old adage of ~this too shall pass~ I am hoping that the new year brings much needed change for the better for {{All}} {smile} I had to smile when I re-read your post when you said that dear {{Chakhotay}} would be back in the house as he is at the moment because we brought his ashes in from the garage where I had them put after his cremation. So he is now in the upstairs little bedroom until the spring comes and I will then scatter his ashes around his favourite places. He is still top dog then as they are not allowed upstairs and he has a bedroom to himself! {smile} I hope that all is well and perhaps you can pop in soon with an update? I wish you {{healing}} and a much easier 2015 dear friend and sending a {{big warm hug}} to you.

{{Kermit}} Aww was lovely to see your post dear friend and thank you for the good wishes for 2015. I wish the same for you and {{B2}} as well dear friend. {Smile} You know I think things will definitely be better this year once that final Uranus/Pluto square has finished its pass over as there just seems to have been such a lot of dreadful things happening in the world at the moment. We can only hope and pray that the message of peace and goodwill actually gets through to the warmongers and people committing atrocities around the world. Regarding retirement I think (and hope) that Paul will finally start to enjoy the thought of it and we are determined to spend more time on the boat this year as well. Now that dear {[chakhotay}} has gone it is easier for Dorothy with housesitting with the youngsters, and I didn’t want to be away just in case chakhotay needed me to be there so we didn’t spend as much time last year on the boat anyway. We both have to study in the next couple of months to get our Skipper certificates and then we can head over to Europe for some holidays. I will have cut back my own workload as well as I am only going to look after the charters for this coming season in order to let the younger ones get used to the changes for them and then hopefully we can do what we want in 2016. Well that is the plan anyways {grin} Sending you a {{big warm hug}} across the Pond dear friend and hope to hear from you more frequently here as it is always lovely to read your posts. {smile}

Well it is finally getting light outside which tells me that it is nearly time to go and make a start on my day. I will pop this post in now with the hope that {{all}} are well and will be back again soon. Til then leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter together with {{healing energies}} to those who need them.

Love always

Mermaid xxx

PS excuse any typos etc as I am not going to proof read this {smile}

Energy Oracleand the New Year

Happy New Year to all of my friends here!

Liz, I know that with all you do in your daily life, posting can be a challenge. That having been said, must admit it's wonderful to see and read your posts {{hugs}}.

To answer your question about Ed, he finished his treatment in October, but as the chemo is a long lasting one, he was told he could expect the effects of it to last six months which means until April of this year. Consequently he still has the lethargy and sickness associated with it. We find out on the 22nd of this month, however, how his liver is functioning and if there's been a marked improvement with it, so keeping fingers crossed.

Mom is doing quite well and asked that I wish you a belated Merry Christmas/Happy New Year {smile}

My own health is good days/bad days like so many of us. I was recently diagnosed with Lupus, so that's helped answer a lot. Hoping my rheumatologist will be able to get some of the system-wide bits sorted out some so I can be a tad bit more mobile and not as fatigued and sore. Must admit, it's challenging at times, but apparently my would decided on this experience, though sometimes wonder . . . "What the hell was I thinking??!". {laughing} I'm hugely blessed though to have dear Ed and between the pair of us, we manage with each filling in for the other when one of us is having a "mortal" day.

Lakota is approaching his 13th year in March, which is hard to believe. He's our Pisces boy so he fits in quite nicely with our Cancer Suns. His Moon is in Sagittarius sitting right on my Ascendant and Ed's Moon so he truly is one of the family {smile}.

Ed gave me a beautiful Oracle card deck called the "Energy Oracle Cards" for Christmas and I'm so enjoying them. I'd lost touch with my old cards and hadn't used them for ages, but these are fabulous! Thought every time I post,I will do a 1 card draw, reading for a different person here each time. In keeping with this, you're up first Liz {grin}.

Card drawn was: Third Chakra, Archangel Chamuel
KEYWORDS: Emotions of Desire, Life-Force Energy
Description: "The powerful Archangel Chamuel is holding a beautiful sphere of golden light at the solar plexus, which is the location of your third chakra and the center of your lie-force energy the issues here surround the emotions of desire and your personal energy. This card indicates that an increased enthusiasm is present or soon to be on its way.

This is a great time to move toward the completion of your desires. Your life-force is vibrating with power and resonance, and your soul is calling to tokyo direct your energy in a focused, purposeful manner. This angel of power is with you now, so pursue your goals and desires!
Affirmation: My third chakra is open to its perfect, healthy state. I radiate a bright and vibrant life-force energy. I feel excitement for all that I do."

Signing off for now, but giving its of love to you all,
Diana

Oops!

Please excuse all the typos in my previous post, I didn't proofread it as I should have.

Also, I should have stated that if any of you who post on a more frequent basis (Elfina, Kermit, Hathor, Liz) don't want me to post a one card reading for you, please let me know as I don't want to intrude on anyone's privacy.

Love to all,
Diana

~splashing through~ {smile}

Hello dear friends {smile}

I thought I would take some time out this morning as Paul is out today, to sit and write up a post for the board. The weather outside is horrible with high winds, rain and just generally stormy although I did get all the animals seen to and the dogs walked before the rain arrived and by the time I have to walk them again this afternoon then the rain should have blown through thank goodness. {smile}

It’s hard to believe that a week has gone by since I posted but I have been busy having a good old turf out of stuff! {smile} Carl has been here painting outside last week and then when it was raining he has been decorating inside so it is lovely to be doing a sort of spring clean/sort out before spring actually gets here. {smile}

The past couple of days has been terrible watching all the events unfold in France, I have been beyond words at times at the horrors and atrocities that have been committed in the name of ~religion~. Religion is just an excuse to commit these acts as I believe it is done in the name of ‘terror’ by deluded individuals who care no more for religion/faith in something greater than ourselves and a more spiritual path than the stones in the quarry! In fact the stones will have a greater sense of purpose! I pray that once the last pass of the Pluto/Uranus square has taken place early this year that people will come to their senses and learn to live in peace and tolerance for their fellow humans. I could probably go on for pages on this subject but will refrain as I could get into a real rant over it. I am holding the families of those innocents killed in cold blood in my thoughts and prayers.

{{Diana}}} was lovely to see a post from you dear friend and thank you for the card reading (I could understand it all even with the spelling! {smile}) I must admit I haven’t looked at my cards for a few years since I had to take over with working at ORC when Carl’s wife died. Now that we are in the process of handing over to the younger ones then hopefully I will be able to return to them. I do check out some of the cards online as there are sites which do online readings although I have already purchased the cards so I don’t feel ~guilty~ for having ~free~ daily thought readings {smile} Please feel free to post any cards for me as and when you get a prompt to do so. {smile}

Hopefully this new year will bring improved health for you and Ed. Aww can’t believe that Lakota is thirteen! It only seems like last month since you got him as a pup! Our vet said that Chakhotay was the oldest german shepherd that he had come across so he did well for twelve and a half and I am very grateful for all the time we had. I always felt the same connection with him as with dear Brewster and it felt as though they were part of the same soul group as they were both so similar in character and personality. {smile} Shula and Nelson have now settled into their new routines and the dynamics have really changed here. It is good that they can now mix with the children as well so that will be better in the summer when we can have family barbeques with the children and the dogs mixing together {smile} Of course that is hoping that we have a good summer as well so that we can actually have some barbeques! {chuckle}

Whilst I think of it please pass on my good wishes to your mom and thank her for her kind wishes when you next speak with her {{loralee hugs}} Sending {{{big warm hugs}}} to you across the Pond dear friend and some extra {{healing energies}}} as well for you both. {smile}

Yay just looked out of the windows and the rain has stopped! Mind you the forecast is for it to get much colder once these storms have gone through so I guess I will be lighting the fires a bit later today. We will be having more wood delivered next week as January and February is always when we seem to get the cold weather with snow and ice. Hopefully we won’t but it is better to be prepared especially after having had the boiler break down over the Christmas holiday.

{{elfina}}} I hope that you are continuing to recover after your knee surgery. I know how long it can take but hopefully with you being in warmer climes in Florida that the healing process has speeded up for you {{{hugs}}}

{{{Kermit}}} sending you a {{big hug}} sweetie as I am sure that all the events unfolding in the world at the moment will not be helping you.

{{hathor}}} Hope all is ok with you sweetie and that your own healing is continuing. {{{warm hugs}}}

Will look forward to everyone being able to pop a post in here as and when your own ~nows~ permit {smile}

Talking of which I will pop this post in now and go and make a start on catching up with having the clear out here in the study and my desk which does look like a bomb has hit it. I have said to myself that I will get it all sorted over the weekend so that I am all organised work wise before next week {smile}

Leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter and sending out {{healing energies}} t those who need them.

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: ~splashing through~ {smile}

Warmest wishes to all. Hope 2015 is kinder to you and me than 2014..

The Festive Season was a bit of a downer as very few bothered to contact me, and I always feel "pushy" when I do the contacting. Solstices and I do not get on well together and everyday seems a Full Moon as we lurch from crisis to crisis.

The goings on in France is really scary. I would honestly take on the USA Navy Seals rather than the French Foreign Legion. The French have a totally different mindset. However, we have still to get through another Uranus/Pluto square in March I think. OMG! More trouble ahead.

Thanks Liz, I am well enough though I missed DR's appointment on the FM. Just felt dizzy. Have to go this coming week and get her to change me from a Calcium Channel Blocker to an ACE inhibitor, even though the latter gives you a cough. My last visit to the breast clinic, they seemed very casual about it. Said I was fine and come back in May. However I found out it was a lobular tumour which apparently doesn't spread to another organs, but may jump to the otherside. Oh Joy! Dr. says under no circumstances should I stop the Tamoxifen, as although it gives minimal protection, it is better than nothing vs 85% recurrence. Don't you just love good news!

My PC is up the creek. I have scrambled all the settings, so that is another unwanted expense awaiting. I think Google Chrome is to blame, but I don't think uninstalling it would necessarily help, so I have to wait for Sedick to come to my aid. Guess one has to pay for one's stupidity.

Well, I'll be off and wishing all who visit a good 2015. Please let me know when you have some blessings. It always makes me think I may be next. Luvya XX Hathor XX
PS. Diana, warmest ((HUGS)) to you. Are you on Dapsone? Please be well.

Awakening...at least it feels that way to me. Saturn had about beat me up up but I survived it and it's lessons. My knees are still not great but improving. I will get a series of 3 gel shots in each knee starting in Feb. and hope they work. I still have pain but I can handle it. Pat is undergoing basal cell cancer surgeries this month. He has 3 and is having them removed by 3 different doctors and procedures. The one on his lower eye lid requires plastic surgery.
Praying this is the end of it and they get it all.
We are having our carpeting lifted up and large porcelain tiles put in this week. I am excited about it. We are also having 2 rooms painted too. It will be lovely to have everything fresh looking again. Because our carpeting is white and Scooter is still with us it has taken on a shabby appearance lately. It will be so much nicer with the tile and easier to clean and hold less dust and allergens.
John will be coming on the 16th to help me with Pat after his surgery's as he will have a patch on one eye and will not be able to do any lifting or heavy work for awhile.

Hathor wishing you a wonderful New Year. I hope you continue to get well. I am getting tired of being ill and depressed so have promised myself to overcome all the badness and look forward to healing.

Diana I wish you healing too. Lupas is not a walk in the park. At least you have a diagnoses now and each symptom can be treated. Make sure you don't let any illness go untreated. Sending both you and Ed some healing energies.

Kermit, Scooter is hanging on and even seeing better lately. I think he brakes the sleeping record for any dog ever and sometimes I have to wake him up to eat or go for a walk. I hope you and B12 are doing well. Now that the solstice has passed the days are getting longer and spring can't be that far behind. I tend to forget about the cold weather after spending the last 25 years here in Florida. I am never very sure of your New Mexico weather.

Mermaid, it won't be long before you can get the boat back in the water. I am wishing you more time to spend on you lovely boat this year and less work load. I have been retired for so long I forgot how it was to work.

Well I better close we are having friends from NY arrive in a few minutes. They are vacationing near here and are going out to dinner with us tonight and then to Pat's club for Reggi music...the singer is from Jamaica and is very good.

Just popping in quickly to say that I have read through the posts and will be back a little later with a proper catch up.

I want to wish everyone a good start to the weekand and also ask for some extra {{healing energies}} to be sent to Paul's son {{Olly}} who managed to have a horrendous accident with burns to his hands caused by steam from a kettle. I will put more in later but any extra energies that can be sent will, I am sure, help in his healing.

Leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter together with {healing energies}} to those who need them.

A little ~thought for the day~ until I return. {smile}

~the smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention~

with love always

mermaid..xxx

I put a nice post in this afternoon and cannot find it tonight...What am I doing wrong I wonder. I hope Olly will heal quickly. I will keep him in my prayers.

Heck looking outside it is not at all pleasant as it is just starting to get light! It is raining and windy – bleurgh! Ah well never mind I will just have to get out in it shortly as the dogs need to go out and the sheep need feeding.

We are forecast another storm tomorrow and so it is a question of making sure everything is battened down in readiness. I do have to go to the osteopath this afternoon but at least the weather will be a bit kinder later on. (fingers crossed that is! {smile} )

{{elfina}} thank you for your thoughts for Olly – he went back to the hospital yesterday to have his dressings changed. Emma sent me a photo of his hands on Sunday and it is all his fingers bandaged so yesterday they left some of them off. I know that the power of healing energies works so thank you so much {{hugs}} I have also been sending them yours and Pats way and am so glad that you are feeling better as you will need to be strong for when he has his surgery. Am not sure how you are managing to lose posts and the only thing I can think of is perhaps that you are hitting the preview button only (if you preview posts that is?) I always write a long post in word (or notepad) if I can so that I have it saved just in case of hiccups. Perhaps you could copy your post and then check to see that it has taken and if not then at least you can paste it back into the message space again. (either right click copy and then right click paste, or Control C and then Control V). (Trying not to teach someone to suck egs here by the way {grin}. Are you using computer or ipad? Now I haven’t a clue how to copy and paste using ipads! I just hope that it doesn’t put you off posting. {{{hugs}}}

I am working on my catch up post but just wanted to leave my message responding to elfina’s latest post before I go and make a start on my morning. Hopefully I will have it finished by later today so will pop this post in for now and then be back later.

Til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter and sending out {{healing energies}} to those who need them.

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

It has been an interesting week here culminating last night with the central heating boiler breaking down yet again as we have freezing weather forecast with the odd amount of snow coming. Today we have a delivery of wood arriving so that will get us warm twice as we have to barrow it and stack in the woodbins as the woodman just drives up in his truck and tips it out on the driveway! With snow or rain forecast then we will need to get it under cover. I was back to doing my housemaid thing this morning in getting the fire revived in the big sitting room as there were some embers left so with the help of smaller pieces of wood and the bellows I got it back up again. {smile}

Hopefully the engineers will be able to come out Monday and see what the problem is as it is doing exactly the same as over the Christmas period so we will have to see what happens.

I have been busy getting things sorted out as am getting de-cluttered in the house. Carl has been decorating here as he can’t do much on Orwell Lady and decorating is his second trade so things are looking all lovely and fresh. I suppose I am having the spring cleaning/sort out but just in winter. {smile}

I will go through the posts now before I head off on a tangent again and then the time is gone and I have to start my day [smile}

{{Diana}} I looked up Lupus and that looks horrendous! {{{hugs}}} As you say you certainly didn’t choose an easy time for this life did you? {smile} I will be holding you both in my thoughts when Ed gets the results later this week on the 22nd and hoping that there is a marked improvement in his liver function. Sheesh the pair of you have certainly been through the wringer health wise and my wish for you both this coming year is that you both improve so that you can enjoy other aspects of life together. Mind you I am sure that you can enjoy time together only this would mean that you didn’t have the downside of illness! Sending {{{big warm hugs}}} across the Pond to you dear friend together with another dollop of {{healing energies}}}} xxx

{{Hathor}}} Aww how lovely to see a post from you sweetie as I do get concerned if all is quiet in your part of the world. {smile} The dreadful events in France were terrible, I must admit I don’t understand the “logic” that one can kill in the name of religion. Even if you don’t agree with things it doesn’t give the right or reason to kill people! I also think that if people don’t like a way of life/religion then move away to a place that shares the same beliefs rather than try and force your own beliefs on others by fear/acts of terror. Think I had better stop on that subject as I could get on my soapbox for a really good rant but I guess I had better not – at least for now that is{smile}

I remember after my radiation treatment that I had to have extra calcium in the form of tables so your treatment is different there. I know I can’t have nicely shaped nails any more as they just snap off so I keep them very short. Mind you it makes typing speedier so there is always an upside isn’t there? {smile} I couldn’t deal with the dreadful side effects of Arimidex (the alternative to Tamoxifen) so decided to go without and deal with it if the cancer returns.

Hope you have got your PC sorted out before Mercury goes Rx this week! {grin} I am going to get my paperwork sorted today so am up to date before the Rx. I only use Firefox so perhaps taking of Chrome might help. Your techie hopefully will get it sorted for you.
Will look forward to another post from you soon and in the meantime am sending you a {{big warm hug}} sweetie together with another dollop of {{healing energies}} and some extra blessings too and hope they all come in handy. {smile}

{{elfina}}} Hope your knees aren’t too bad sweetie – mine have been kicking up a tad but I am putting it down to the weather. I have been doing a little more walking with the dogs as well as they need extra exercise too especially dear {{Nelson}} as he is getting a tad fatter than he should be. I went to my osteopath the other day for a check up after she sorted out my neck and hip and she said my hip was ‘tired’ – I said it was knackered and she said she was being polite! {grin} The joys of getting older – not! {chuckle} I think I could do with some of your lovely Florida warm weather and sunshine at the moment that’s for sure {smile} Whilst I think of it I am send out some extra energies for Pat and hope that he has a quick healing and also hope that you are enjoying spending time with your son there.

How are your new floors and freshly painted rooms? Think we are both in the freshening up mode fon’t you? {smile} I am getting the carpet cleaner out later this week as the new hallway at the back of the house now looks so clean and fresh that the carpet now needs doing. Mind you it is a cream/natural colourand you could see the difference when you took the rugs up off it. Never enough hours in the day at the moment though. Still it is getting lighter now as we gain a couple of minutes each day so that is brilliant. The snowdrops and winter aconites are out and flowering at the moment and the daffodil leaves are pushing up through the earth though I fear they will get covered in snow if we get snow this week. At least we are halfway through January and once February arrives then we know that Spring isn’t too far away though I don’t really like to be wishing life away as it is nice to appreciate the different seasons. So log fires and bracing walks it is then for now. {smile} Sending love and {{{warm hugs}} across the sea to you dear friend and look forward to reading a post from you as and when your own ~now~ permits.

{{Kermit}}} please check in soon as I am getting a bit concerned. Hope all is well with you and {{B2}} {{{hugs}}}

Well I have just loaded the fire with more logs and it is time to go get dressed and make a start on my day as the dogs have been very patient with me taking extra time out this morning. I do hope that all are well and will look in again later today.

Til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter and sending out {{healing energies}} to those who need them.

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS excuse grammar and spelling as I haven;t got time now to do a spelling check etc. {smile}

1 2 3 4 5 6