Start a New Topic 
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
The End-Introspection-An Appreciation
Played this fab cd in work today(i work in a mailroom so we get away with it),and some of the guys i work with absolutely loved it,when i told them it was produced by Bill Wyman (him fae the Rolling stones? one of them chirped)they couldnt believe it,but i told them...
Views: 926   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 4, 2013 4:22am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Group 1850 - Mother NoHead: Their 45s
Hi everyone. I'm debating whether to buy this on cd, I'm wondering if anyone else has it, or has heard it? I've got the early Pseudonym cd release of Agemo's Trip..., with lots of these singles as bonus tracks, and I think they're seriously great. For the uninitiated...
Views: 546   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 30, 2013 5:54am
by Painterman
Psyched Pirates
Hello Boys (& possibly Girls) My youngest has her 4th birthday soon and I am trying to do a compilation of psycish songs about pirates for. Not doing well so far as I am trying to avoid Viking based songs. Rather skimpy list to date comprises JULY - Jolly Mary S...
Views: 713   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 26, 2013 9:24am
by Wallace
Ramases--Space Hymns
What a fun little album. Space folk prog. Reminds me a bit of Klaatu, or a mellow Hawkwind. Of course, the musical backing by 10CC adds to the oddness. Anyone else a fan? Cool album cover, too. I guess that steeple/rocket ship is based on a real church.
Views: 704   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 24, 2013 2:19am
by FrothNinja
The Fourmyula Abbey Road recordings
I see this fine 60s New Zealand group have got a new collection released by RPM records of what it seems are the tracks they recorded at Abbey Road studios,i think theres 20 tracks on this all recorded 68-69,if you missed out on the extra fab 4 cd set that was releas...
Views: 600   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 19, 2013 4:48pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
SRC - Cor, wot a mindblast!!
Just listening to the 1st SRC album...listened to it four times yesterday! That's really not like me at all as I tend to listen to comps mostly or half an album each from a few different artists at a time, but this...! I really overlooked this band for years as I i...
Views: 678   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 9, 2013 4:45pm
by Stuart Robertson
32nd turn off
Just wondering if this a reissue or was it actually issued in the 60s? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/380723637382?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
Views: 749   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 27, 2013 10:20am
by Paul Clarke
Jason Crest
Would say I've been spinning the wonderful Collected Works of Jason Crest on Wooden Hill recently but it would be more true to say its hardly ever off! Been working my way thru some great comps recently, but thats another story and in-between em every night for the...
Views: 1128   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 26, 2013 1:55am
by steve56
Records Only Pressed In USA Of UK Bands But Not Pressed In The UK
I only know of these Orang-Utan,Jodo, and Mahogany.
Views: 593   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 20, 2013 1:35am
by Scott Charbonnea...
Radio Tymes....mmm...crunchy!!
Now I know this has been spoken about before, but it wont be the first time a great album has popped back up on here for a quick encore... Was just listening to this last night, not a bad track on here, I mean Deep Purple, Yardbirds, BJH, Move, Hendrix...what's not...
Views: 656   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 16, 2013 8:55am
by Andy C
Gerry Morris-Only the beginning(73)
After hearing the marvellous tracks by this gent on Rainbow Chasers,i eventually tracked down a legit cd of the album those songs came from,my verdict...a nice little pop album with many highlights,some of this reminds me of Tin Tins "Astral Taxi"album(is it just me...
Views: 719   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 11, 2013 2:43pm
by Gian
Love, Poetry & Revolution 3 x cd box
Out Set / Oct I think. Go here: https://www.facebook.com/LovePoetryAndRevolution Click on the post re track list and they all come up. It won't let me copy it so you'll have to look for yourselves. There's quite a few unissued / demo versions of more familiar...
Views: 1063   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 30, 2013 12:35pm
by Fosterin Allen
A Sunday spent with Chad and Jeremy
After coming back from seeing my Mum in hospital,i needed some good sounds to get my head out of the clouds,i looked and looked and decided on 3 Chad and Jeremy cds,"Distant Shores","Of Cabbages and Kings"and of course "The Ark",imo 3 very good albums from this under...
Views: 694   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 28, 2013 6:53am
by steve56
The Dream-Get Dreamy reissued cd
Just received this new cd released by the Shadoks label,not heard this album for years and i forgot how good some of those songs are,listening to "Aint No Use"at the moment...what a fab psych number this is,backward tapes,extended psych guitar parts and a freak out e...
Views: 609   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 24, 2013 9:27am
by pfft
Richmond-Frightened (73)
Has anyone got any info on this album released on the Date label in 73,ive read that its a good folk pop album....but a search on the web doesnt give much info unfortunately.Can anyone tell me if this albums any good??Much appreciated!!Thank you.
Views: 1275   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 22, 2013 8:17pm
by Stuart Robertson
Skip Bifferty in "Smashing Time"
I've just watched this classic cult movie for the first time. It's up on YouTube, which is good as it seems to be really hard to get on DVD these days as it's out of print. Really cool to hear Skip Bifferty in it, and seeing Tomorrow throwing pies. Anyway, I recog...
Views: 1261   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 22, 2013 7:18am
by Lyniz
Blossom Toes or BB Blunder?
I've been listening to the double BB Blunder cd and both blossom Toes albums,and i've come to the conclusion that i preferred "Workers PLaytime"over both "If only for a moment"and "We are ever so clean",am i in a minority in thinking that or are there any others who...
Views: 802   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 20, 2013 4:54pm
by Karney-boyo
Acid Oranges etc.
Along the lines of the RZ thread below I'm just now enjoying the Acid Oranges and Green Circles CDR that I know was a topic on here quite a while ago. Great stuff and part of the excellence of the RZ community.also enjoying the "We Can't Face The Animals" CDR.
Views: 1064   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 13, 2013 2:58pm
by Joe McFarland
The Sorrows
Thinking of buying the Wooden Hill 2 disc set 'Old songs New Songs' that includes their recordings after the departure of Don Fardon, I read a review ages ago in SFA which gave the thumbs up...anyone here have any opinions good or bad before I part with the hard earn...
Views: 972   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 13, 2013 12:13pm
by Painterman
Pop Cycles, other delights & general RZ thumbs up-ness!
Greetings 'Zoners.. Just thought I'd take a few moments just to say how much I really enjoy taking part on here and how much it has broadened my horizons and expanded my collection. It's always a really informative and sometimes really funny read, all in the best of...
Views: 959   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 7, 2013 2:45am
by mark kirk
Skip Bifferty
Been playing the double Skip Bifferty cd released by Castle way back in 2003(man is it really that long ago.....groan.....im getting old).I looked up Skip Bifferty on Amazon and looked at the Grapefruit Skip Bifferty single cd that was released in 2010,i thought i ha...
Views: 730   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 1, 2013 4:04am
by Omar
Kaleidoscope
I have vinyl reissues of Tangerine Dream and Faintly Blowing but was after which cd reissues cover all their releases. Is it best to get the cd reissues of the above albums with bonus tracks or the Further Reflections-Complete Recordings compilation? Cheers.
Views: 742   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 28, 2013 4:25am
by Painterman
The Chubster
I am currently obsessed with collecting all known vinyl editions of Chubby Checker's 'Chequered' album of 1971, well known to those who post here, along with the associated 45s from it. It seems to have been issued between 1971 and 1976 in different countries. I have...
Views: 1263   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 24, 2013 11:11pm
by Paul Martin
Mike Wallace-Natural High
Sounds familar has it been comped before mixed up minds?
Views: 736   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 21, 2013 12:55pm
by Gian
In Praise of the mighty Jagged Time Lapse
Possibly my favourite comp series this..familiar to and probably played to death by most of you on here I would guess, but, hell, whatsa matter with a good old waffle on RZ about the stuff we love! Love to pick one of these CDs without looking at which vol it is and...
Views: 678   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 21, 2013 3:08am
by mark kirk
r
roby
Turnstyle Riding A Wave lyric
Hi I'd love to get the lyric of this great psych pop tune also...
Views: 1070   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 7, 2013 5:05pm
by mark kirk
Legay
Came across a facebook page called Legay:High Flying Around where it's mentioned that one of the ex members is writing a book on their local scene in the late 60s. This being Leicester, with the great Family also originating there. In fact after reading this I found...
Views: 647   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 31, 2013 9:41am
by Bertigo
The Rokes
Been spinning the excellent Rev-Ola comp 'The Rokes In English' Quality stuff from start to finish, 'Telegram For Miss Marigold' , as pretty a piece of Psychy pop as you'll find anywhere..Gritty freakbeat and orchestrated popsike, even the more straight beat number...
Views: 617   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 8, 2013 3:00pm
by Gian
Judas Jump
This is a bit of a new discovery for me. I was put off by all the descriptions of it (somewhere I read that it was bombastic prog rock) but it is quite smart prog flavored pop rock. The LP itself has three crappy throwaway numbers - 49 fingers, mississippi turnp...
Views: 637   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 8, 2013 5:53am
by Wallace
Simon Dupree & The Big Sound
Been listening to the 2nd disc of the anthology, 'Part Of Their Past' that contains the unreleased album... This is some really excellent brit Pop Psych! Lotsa really yummy mellotron on here. If I'd heard this when Skip Bifferty put up his Pop Psych album post I...
Views: 873   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 4, 2013 12:43pm
by FrothNinja
New Fleur de Lys
Does anyone have the new Fleur De Lys comp, You've Got To Earn It. Are the previously unreleased tracks good and how many are there?
Views: 745   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 21, 2013 6:42am
by Paul Martin
easybeats
Just got the Repertoire Cd of Volume 3. I've had the Repertoire Best Of for some years now but I never really thought a lot of it to be honest. I thought I'd give them another go with this album as it was a load of tracks not included on the best of and it also f...
Views: 619   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 21, 2013 2:49am
by FrothNinja
Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time - deluxe & super deluxe
Classic era Hawkwind fans (1971-77) will be pleased to see these two editions of their 1975 'Warrior on The Edge of Time' album - from the master tapes - appear on 25th May. Seems to be an exclusive Burning Shed production (like the 2 x 13th Floor Elevators box sets...
Views: 703   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 25, 2013 3:37am
by steve56
Golden Earrings Miracle Mirror
Just giving this one a spin for the second time this week. Nice album. Opening track to my ears doesn't sound like them at all...kinda bizarre psychy sounding track about being chased by a dwarf! Good though. Circus Will Be Round in Time is so Gibb brothers, not...
Views: 579   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 19, 2013 11:21am
by Stuart Robertson
'CHRISTIAN ROCK': GOOD OR EVIL?!
This may be a really provocative question.... And I'm referring here to labels like Myrrh, Key and even some private ones. I am not at all a conoisseur of christian/religious/son-of-somebody rock, having listened only to very few. Thus I wonder what somebody who'...
Views: 882   Replies: 21
Last Post: Mar 5, 2013 6:33am
by Wallace
Jackie Lomax
On the topic of Beatles, I was moved to get this 1969 LP (is this what you want) on the strength of George Harrisons contributions. It has a few good tracks on it, but the one I am interested in is the psych pastiche title track, a clear tongue in cheek rip off of I...
Views: 959   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 19, 2013 8:20pm
by Joe McFarland
Family - Once Upon A Time 14 CD box set
Family – Once Upon A Time 14 x CD box set I received this a few hours ago. Though I’ve not played it yet, most of the albums are remastered from original master tapes. I thought though I would give an impression of its physical construction and quality...
Views: 1554   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 9, 2013 4:53am
by Paul Martin
Fellow Ex Pat Aussies
Discovered this site accidently but oh what a lucky accident. I have been in UK for donks now but am a Queensland export. As such I lack youthful cultural cross references with my myriad pommie chums. My fave bands growing up were the likes of Mother Goose, Mr B...
Views: 691   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 6:51am
by Wallace
One In A Million
Anyone here own the Wooden Hill CD 'Double Sight' ? While I think most fans of UK mod/psych would agree that the worth of their 45s is beyond dispute, I'd just like to know if the other material on this one makes it a worthwhile buy. There are a lot of collection...
Views: 661   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 7:20am
by FrothNinja
my fave band-the pretty things
I've come to the conclusion that my favourite group of all time are the pretty things,how did i come to this?......been playing the pretty things all day,from the self titled debut up to and including "parachute",all excellent albums no matter what genre they are.But...
Views: 988   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 11:13am
by Phil Thatcher
WOW ...Fleur De Lys !!
Surprised and delighted to find the following @ Heyday tonight. Lots of it been comped before..( unless there are some different versions...anyone know ? } Anyway a few new tracks makes this a must have for me.... Due 18/03... Latest installment in the legendary...
Views: 921   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 8:11am
by Doc
RZ Comps List
Thought it might be better to put the home made comps in a seperate thread. Pop Cycles Evil Lighthouse Jim Treacle People Time We Left This Lesbian World Further Travels of Mrs Fitzhenry Mayhem - Kool Kuts For Kats Trip To Toytown Oceanic Odyssey Any more?
Views: 3674   Replies: 44
Last Post: Dec 15, 2012 9:09am
by Gian
The Motions
I see there is a comp of The Motions singles that has come out recently on the Pseudonym label. I'm not sure if it covers their lifespan as a group including after when Robbie Van Leeuwen left to form Shocking Blue. Is this the best way to get into this band and wh...
Views: 794   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 6:46am
by Painterman 64
Curtis Knight - Down In The Village
Just got this 1970 LP reisue on Aurora CD and really pleasently surpirsed by it. One or two tracks are just tarted up 60s r'n'b that he would have been familiar with when Jimi Hendrix was his backing guitarist in 1965-6 but most of the 10 cuts are excellent freak-ps...
Views: 1175   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 6, 2012 11:36pm
by Paul Martin
Leviathan 2 x LP arrives!
Well, I have literally just unpacked it so not played it yet, but it's a quality looking item. Gatefold sleeve in thick glossy card stock. Liners on the inside gatefold and the whale-like design in deep blue on the front. Comes with a laminated certificate of limitat...
Views: 1429   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 29, 2012 3:52pm
by mark kirk
Manfred Mann[The Fontana Years]
Looks a good CD Morning After The Party isnt included though?
Views: 767   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 15, 2012 7:00am
by José Llano
The Deejays? CD collection??
Did they ever do a cd collection of the Deejay's recordings? I thought I remember reading a review of it in Ugly Things, but I can't find any trace of it actually existing.
Views: 850   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 7, 2012 9:27am
by Kevin Gates
Manfred Mann Chapter III
Looking for some opinions on the above. I know they were supposedly more jazz fusion so this has put me off I guess. Also early Manfred Mann's Earthband. I know the hits but was interested in any info on their earliest stuff. Cheers.
Views: 672   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 10, 2012 12:25am
by Karney-boyo
Chubby Checker-Chequered cd
Just received this cd issued by Sunbeam records,its a real cracking album and the sound quality compared to the underground masters cd is a lot better.Its a shame that Chubby disowns this record as a great story is there be told,but unfortunately there aint any musin...
Views: 1143   Replies: 17
Last Post: May 3, 2012 11:06am
by Paul Martin
Fifi the Flea
While playing the Everly Brothers "2 Yanks in England"(66)album i heard the track "Fifi THe Flea",it dawned on me i had heard this before,of course The Hollies recorded it too on "Would You Believe"(66),it was written by them but i also come across this song again on...
Views: 1451   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 3:06pm
by Austin Osman Hof...
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28