Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
Re: Splashing through

Hello dear friends {smile}

It has been a fairly ~manic~ week probably because mercury has now gone direct so everything seems to be speeding up even more so! {chuckle}

I have been backwards and forwards to Ipswich Marina this week with both meeting up with charterers for Orwell Lady and discussing their requirements for their party/event and also visiting the Bayliner (Orwell Spirit) to see what has and hasn’t been done. Fortunately Steve (who is doing the work) seems to have got started again on work on her albeit still slowly (or what seems slow to me). There I was hoping that she would be back in the water for my birthday, then Easter and now hoping for when we have our holiday in May!

We went and visited her again yesterday to have a good look through lockers and cupboards to see what the previous owner had left us in the way of anutical things (ie ropes and fenders) to find that “various lines (ropes)” equated to two very dirty and worn ones and ~various fenders~ equated to a couple of large ones and a couple of ones which had the air out of them! So Paul is now getting busy on organising new ropes and fenders. We also checked out some other things to find that not only were they not in good order but in some cases positively dangerous so they will be fixed as well. Paul had to fill out a survey form the other day from the agents and I think they might wish they hadn’t asked if they actually take the time out to read it! {chuckle} We are fortunate in that we have some good people working for us with the River Cruise company so that in terms of engineering/electrics etc they have checked through the boat and will then put Paul through an introductory course so as to speak as there was no handover and run through at all from the agent even though they are Bayliner agents! They said their engineer had no experience of the 4588 boat! Anyways we will get there eventually for sure! {Smile} The previous owner who had assured Paul that when the boat was ready to go back to the water he would come back and go through everything with him promptly disappeared off to America and his other boat once he had his hands on the money! I dread to think of what it might have been like if we didn’t have the expertise both in the people we have and our own experience. Anyways enough of that – am just sending out a little request to the Universe to help get her completed and back in the water! {smile}

We had a lovely evening on Friday in a nice restaurant for Olly’s birthday celebration (his actual birthday was on Easter Monday) and then we will all be getting together again next weekend with travelling down to the south coast to spend the weekend with a celebration for Paul’s sister’s 40th wedding anniversary. We are trying to make sure that we are all seated together for the evening dinner so that we will know that we can relax and enjoy. {smile} Dorothy is going to house/dog sit for us as we will be away from Saturday through to Monday so hopefully all will be ok here. In any event we are only a three hour drive away if anything goes untoward.

I hope that everyone is ok and well and busy in their own nows. The children (ie grandchildren) had a lovely time here on Easter Monday with the Easter Egg hunt. We changed the rules a bit this time and said that they all had to find three eggs each to get a ~prize~ (a net with lots of little eggs each) but that when the first one got to three then they had to help the others get their threes as well. It worked a treat and they all enjoyed themselves (including us!) {Smile}

I left a post on my facebook page the other day about the blue t its building their nest. The nesting box is nearly full to the opening now with nesting material so hopefully it won’t be too long before there are eggs in there. One of them (the female I think as they both look the same!) has been sleeping in there overnight and she looks just like a dandelion seed head with all her feathers fluffed up! {chuckle} I am going to have to figure out how to get video snaps of it as I have the software but have to yet put it onto the laptop and then learn how to use it! Sheesh that reminds me that I also have to put the navigation software for the boat onto laptop and learn how to use that as well!

{{{kermit}}} aww I hope that all is ok with you dear friend and heck don’t you worry about any spelling as we all just go with the flow and can understand each others posts can’t we? {smile} I have dragonspeak as well but having to take the time out to teach it my voice and words was quite frustrating so I stopped using it. However, it is nice to know that it is there in case I do need it when I can’t type properly. I think {{{B2}} should be asked to write a bit more don’t you and that will save you time as well! {grin} sending love and {{{hugs}} across the Pond to you both… {smiling}

{{{diana}} hope things are calming down a tad for you and don’t worry about email as I know only too well how they can mount up when one’s own ~now~ takes over. I am still requesting a 48 hour day from the Universe so I can fit everything in that I need to! (see the software installations and learning that I wrote about up there to just think of a few things extra for me to do!) {smile Not much longer for you with the house sale and am sending out a little request to the Universe for you that it all goes smoothly from now on especially that Mercury is direct. {smile} Am sending out some extra {{healing energies}}} for you and {{{Ed}}} as well together with a {{{big warm hug}}}

{{[elfina}}} I hope that you had a lovely Easter and that you are enjoying your friends and your painting etc. It won’t be long now until you return north so hopefully you will be able to pop in with a message before you leave as I know that will take up even more of your time. I was thinking earlier it would be lovely to have a place like yours in Florida here so that we could have the boat at the end of the garden on a canal. That would be just perfect but at least we only have a 20 minute drive to get to the marina which is better than a lot of people who have boats there. {smile} Will look forward to hearing from you as and when your own ~now~ permits and leaving a {{{warm hug}}} for you when you next look in. {smile}

{{Hathor}}} I hope that you are feeling better dear friend and very glad that you enjoyed the ~Easter Card~ as well. {{{hugs}}}

Well Paul has now surfaced (he is not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination) so I had better pop this post in and go and do some more mundane things like laundry and an ironing catch up! {smile} Will look in later.. til then sending out {{healing energies}} to those who need them and leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{All}} who may enter….

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Hello to All,

Wanted to drop by and give a little update on Mom and how she's doing.

She has been in Oregon about a month and a half now, and is absolutely loving it {grin}. The weather is of course quite a drastic change from sunny and warm Arizona, but she is even enjoying that. Most days they see rain, or at least overcast conditions with perhaps two days out of the week bright and sunny. Where we will be seeing mid 90s temps here by the end of this new week, they will be hovering in the lower 50s . . . sounds ideal weather to Ed and I, as we like it nice and cool, and love to see changes in weather, but at least Mom is getting to enjoy it. {smile}

Mom has also made friends with a couple of the other ladies in the community, all of whom are widows, so they have that common understanding of the unique challenges associated with that between them, and can support and encourage one another. They get together once a month and have lunch out for a good ole catchup and time away from home, which I think is wonderful! Also, she is attending her church and has plans on getting out with one of her new friends to the local Senior Community Center. She has truly blossomed and grown, and has been facing her fears head on, bless her. It's just been about a year and a half since Daddy passed, and she has come so far in that short period of time. I'm so impressed (and inspired) by her growth and determination!

Meanwhile, we had a lovely drop in temperature here over the weekend and actually saw a high of only 62 here yesterday! Yet, as I said earlier, by the end of the week, we'll be up to the mid 90s, so we're enjoying the break for all it's worth!

As you said Liz, I also hope things go smoothly with the house sale now that Mercury is once more direct. We haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks, and can't seem to reach anyone by phone. Voice mail messages aren't getting returned, so we'll just have to hope that there's nothing more needed from us, else the bank or the realtor would've returned our calls by now I should think! But then again, the whole thing was so botched that it leaves me to wonder just when it will all be ironed out so we can get on with the next step in our "adventure," as we're choosing to look at it.

I hope that the Orwell Spirit gets into the water finally in time for your holiday! Sounds like your agents were about as skilled at handling her as our agent has been in getting our home sold . . . not very! {wicked grin} Would be nice after all the delays you and Paul have faced with her, to finally see that she has returned to the water and that you've had an outing on her as well, yet hopefully that will happen next month.

Had best get this posted so I can get on with some work, but leaving all who enter a {{hug}}. Especially you Hathor and Kermit! I hope you're both doing better and sending out warm energies to you both.

Love,
Diana

Just popping in again to leave a link to a photo album I have just popped on my FB page for those of you who don't have FB. There are some pics of ~Orwell Spirit~ so you can have a little peek at her. [smile} Just copy the link into browser. She is not looking quite so smart inside at the moment though hopefully will in another week or so.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3426823822950.149682.1040936369&type=3&l=7c00c8e1f0

have to feed wolfpack so will be back later... til then

love always

mermaid...xxx

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

It is a glorious morning outside at the moment although we have had a fairly sharp frost overnight as the lawns are still a little white even though the sun has been up for a while. I think that I will make the most of it as rain showers are forecast for the afternoon with more rain showers during the week, some heavy. It seems that since we had the hosepipe ban imposed on us that it has rained every day! [smile} Mind you the “Powers that Be” have said that even if we have heavy rain every day all summer that there wouldn’t be enough to bring the reservoirs back up to where they should be. I suppose I should also remember the old adage “April showers bring forth May flowers”… {chuckle}

The quarry is totally dry whereas usually there is quite a deep lake and we have ducks and coots and moorhens nesting there this time of year. However not this time which is probably just as well as I don’t have to worry about dogs trying to get ducklings etc.

We have blossom out now on the cherry, quince and plum trees and thanks to Roberts efforts last week the garden is looking glorious at the moment with everything bursting into life. It is quite sad though as I think my little bay tree has given up after the second harsh winter hit. Will wait and see though as it might come back. It is lovely seeing the leaves all bursting out again on the trees after the long winter – I must admit that this year it seemed to go on forever as just as you thought it was over with the unseasonably hot weather in March then we were smack bang back into cold weather again! We had a strong North Westerly blowing this weekend so had to light the fire in the TV room again – mind you I love the smell of woodsmoke so it wasn;t that much of a hardship! {smile}

I was looking at the little blue t it in the nesting box last night (as the camera has infrared) and you could just see this big pile of feathers with a small fluffed up ball of feather in the middle. You could tell it was her because of the movement of her breathing! {smiling} They have piled the nest up to nearly the entrance into the nesting box now so I wonder if/when she will be thinking of egg laying. It is so interesting to watch and I am so grateful to the children for the gift of the camera. {smile}

{{{diana}}} aww thank you for the update on dear {{Loralee}}} and it is lovely to hear that she is settling in so well and making friends. She has had so many changes in the past years hasn’t she and this is really a culmination of them all with the relocation to Oregon. I am so pleased that she is making the most of it and please pass on my best wishes to her when you are next in contact.

You know I was thinking the same thing re our relative hiccups with house and boat! {laughing} Mercury and Mars Rx have been really doing their thing haven’t they? With Mercury about to enter Aries to conjunct Uranus tomorrow, followed by the Moon joining the Sun, Mercury and Uranus on Wednesday perhaps that will bring the kickstart to everything really beginning to move forward. At least with the rain coming this week I hope that Steve will start to put everything back to where it should be inside the boat as he has replaced all the rubbing strake around the boat which entailed ripping most of the inside lining out so that it could be bolted through the hull. Once that is done then I can get the mountain of stuff into the car and onto the boat before it goes back in the water. That way I can have the car by the side of the boat to unload instead of having to cart it all on a trolley along the pontoons in the marina! {smile}

Once our two ~hiccup delays~ are completed then we can both enjoy the new adventures to come can’t we? {smiling} Paul does keep saying that it will all be much better at the end of it all which is very true so I am learning to rein in the impatience a tad {grin} I hope that you will have some news this week to give you an idea of when you will be able to think of moving. Have you got anywhere in mind yet or found a place that will be suitable? I think you are right that no news is good news now that they have stuffed it all up although I guess another phone call to double check might help?

Perhaps if both our ~nows~ permit we might be able to hook up for a chat later this week? It would be lovely but I do understand if it is not possible. Am sending you a {{{big warm hug}} dear friend together with some extra {{{healing energies}}}} {Smiling}

Well I think I have rambled on enough this morning especially as the dogs are yawning and stretching in readiness for letting me know that it is time for their breakfast! {chuckle} I hope that everyone is well as we start the new week and that it won’t be too long before we hear from those who are busy at the moment in their own ~nows~ as we miss you! {Smile}

Leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} to {{all}} who may enter…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Have I really not have been here since before Easter...I think true time has really speeded up and I just can't keep up with it. It has been super hot here and muggy. It's the kind of weather that makes you lazy. When I do anything it is in spurts, kind of manic and then I go and curl up under a fan and read my kindle. Had a great day with our friends Georgia and John on Sunday lovely meal at their home. He had a serious back operation today. We just got home from visiting him in hospital. He is in pain today but hopefully this opertion will cure most of the pain he has been having.Pat just left to play pool at the club and I am trying to catch up on e mails and facebook. Just wanted to say Hi. As soon as the dryer stops I'll go and fold the clothes I have let go all week. I'll stop back in soon. *****

Hello to All,

Liz, a catch up chat would be wonderful if we can find a mutual time that would work. I actually removed the chat room from my site, as it wasn't getting utilized enough with most of the readings I do being either printed booklets or email formats rather than ~live~. Do you still have your chat room?

I've not had a chance to check out the updates you've done to the Esoteric Site, but am going to set some time to do so this weekend. I do love going for a read and ~waft through~ there, as with your Seawolf Site, so that's always a welcome past time {smile}

Elfina, good to see you pop in. Sounds like you and Pat will be escaping Florida in just the nick of time before the real heat and humidity sets in. Hopefully Scooter is doing better now.

On the topic of our animal companions, I'd like to ask you all to please hold our 16 year old cat Serena in your thoughts and healing energies. She has slowed down considerably this last year, but she's presently fighting yet another bout with a cold/flu. I have her on a wonderful natural remedy from Pet Alive that promotes a healthy respiratory system (as her lungs have always been her weak point), but it's not been doing as good this time around. As Ed says, it's probably her age finally catching up with her, but she's been a bit lethargic and sleeping most of the day now. She still eats and drinks just fine and makes it to the litter box, so all of those are "good signs." It's always so hard to watch our loved animal friends age and slow down, isn't it? Anyway, any positive energies her way would be hugely appreciated by myself, Ed, and Serena.

Looks like summer has settled in here in sunny Arizona. We're expected to reach 101 by this weekend {blech}. We may be moving in the middle of the summer, which reminds me . . . it looks like the buyer is tired of waiting for the bank to resolve their fiasco, they've pulled out, so we're now back to step one again of finding a new buyer, would you believe:! Well, can't say I'm all that surprised, and who can blame them, when so many nice homes are on the market now for a mere song and dance? Ah well, perhaps it was not meant to be just yet, as the Universe seems to have decreed.

Best get this posted and return to working. Hoping all are well and happy.

Love,
Diana

Hello dear friends {smile}

I will see if I can do a catch up later this evening after I have packed as we will be away for the weekend for Penny's 40th Wedding Anniversary celebrations.

If it is not possible and I can't get in here over the weekend then I will be back on Monday afternoon.

I hope all are well and am sending out {{healing energies}} to those who need them and leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

I am back. We're doing well here. The weather seems be finally settling in to a warmer climate. Had to get the cooler working again and it caused a bit of a problem. So far it seems be working okay now. My friend Gus, will be putting in the trees that I got from Arbor society tomorrow. They are Eastern Red Cypress and will be great for a windbreak. B2 is being a rascal as when I water the trees she likes to go wading and comes out with mud socks.

Diana,Yes, it surely is sad to see our four-legged friends slow down. And boy oh boy I sure wish there was some way you could go after that bank. They caused the big problem and walk away scott free. And then they wonder why we don't trust banks anymore. You sure have myself and B2s prayers and healing thoughts for your little buddy for you and Ed. GOD BLESS my friends.
{{{HUGS}}}

Elfina. Getting close to New York time again. You are leaving Florida at a good time is for sure. Has sometimes go through having energy come in spurts. Then again I'm always happy for any energy I can get. You guys enjoy and take care my friend.{{{HUGS}}}

Mermaid, I went and checked out you're new boat and guess what, I could live very comfortably in there. That is as large as my home. And you don't think you can come over here-to the US; seems the Vikings made it over in their longboats. I really liked it and I wish you lots of luck with it. I'm thinking what the sailors say, I think it is may you have following winds and calm seas. And I'm sure that isn't totally correct.I'm getting used to Dragon. It takes a little vigilance to be sure what I say is printing. As you say it is always good to have should one need it at a future time. How is Emma doing? I hope she is feeling a lot better. There is a comedian here that comes on at 11:37 PM, his name is Craig Ferguson. He does an e-mail section which has printed sheets and there are pictures of various birds on them. He has enlightened me to that type of bird. He has fun with it as he can say the word without it being bleeped out on TV. Oh, Craig is a naturalized American citizen from Scotland. His humor can said to be rather runcghy at times. Maybe that is why I like him so much and I laugh a lot during his shows. GOD BLESS you and Paul. Take care and enjoy your many nautical trips. XO XO XO{{{HUGS}}}

A shout out to all our friends,Hathor. Geez, I'm having old age mind block. God bless to all our friends love you all take care and enjoy my friends HUGS to everyone.

LIGHT, LOVE and PEACE; Kermit and friends + B2. B2 here. Well, my friend here is getting too much sleep these days. I had to wake him up at 930 this morning. Gee whiz what is a friend do? I do love him so I'll forgive him this time. Love ya'll,take care and enjoy. {{{LOVING PAWLEY HUGS and LICKY LICKES}}}

Just a quick note to say I am about to turn this computer off for the season. We leave early in the morning for a 3 day road trip back to our NY home. We've been so busy this week packing and cleaning. We fly back next year thank goodness as I just dread this long ride. I'll be back online on Wednesday. So until then....sending my love to each of you.

Hello dear friends

I am so sorry that I haven't been in to post. After we returned from Penny's Anniversary weekend I had to have one of my back teeth extracted and it has been absolute murder for the past week. I have been on maximum prescription painkillers and if I could have guillotined my head off I would have done! it is still quite bad so I will speak with the dentist in the morning to see if this is normal. He did say it was going to be painful but didn;t say for how long.

Paul managed to crack a couple of ribs last weekend (due to over indulgence of alcohol) and is unable to drive so I have been having to drive him around even though am fairly spaced out on painkillers! It has been interesting for sure. {smile}

I will sit and write more soon but thought I should pop a line in to explain my absence. I have just not been up to much of anything this past week.

{{elfina}} wishing you a safe journey back north to your New York home and look forward to seeing you post again when you have settled back in.

Have to go and sort out the sheep now... so leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

1 2 3 4 5 6 7