Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
~splashing through~ again... {Smile}

Good morning dear friends {smile}

I can’t believe that so much time has gone by since my last post. I have been busy with lots of ORC stuff and have also catching up in the garden. Yesterday was glorious sunshine and Robert was here so we both cracked on and get a lot of things caught up. I even took the little MG out with the hood down for a change though we put it back up again last night because the weather forecast is not good for the next few days.

Today it is totally different again as it is lashing down with rain! It was as well that we caught up with things yesterday. The English summer seems to have gone haywire. Last weekend on the boat was high winds and some rain and this is forecast yet again for this weekend. I believe it is all due to the jet stream being too far south at this time of year so it is just bringing low after low pressure systems rather than the high ones we usually have.

Last weekend was Fathers Day on Sunday and we had Emma and little Scarlet visit us on the boat. The weather had also calmed down and so Scarlet enjoyed watching the other boats and listening in on the VHF radio when boats were coming through the lock. (smile} We are supposed to be back on the boat this coming weekend although we have a birthday lunch to attend on Sunday but we can go from the boat and then back there for Sunday night as we have a meeting on Monday morning,

I have been researching all the certifications that we are both going to need to sail to Europe as times have changed a lot since I used to sail. Now the “Powers that Be” insist on having certificates for everything and if you arrive in Holland or France without them then they can impound your boat! I appreciate the reasons for these requirements so that inexperienced people don’t get into trouble and need rescuing so we will just get on and do what needs to be done. At least in the meantime, we can go round the coast of the UK without worrying although there is still so much to be done on the boat that we won’t be venturing very far at the moment. Mind you we are now arranging to go on a few courses to get the certificates so we can do that this year in readiness for next year. Paul wants me to do the same ones as him in case of emergency so I can take over the boat handling. It is all encroaching into my own free time which seems to get less and less as the days/weeks go on. {smile}

Sheesh talking of which I need to make a start on my morning so will pop this post in and hope to be back later on today. In the meantime, I hope that dear {{elfina}} is having a lovely cruise and creating special memories to take home, that {{Loralee}} is healing well and that {{Diana}} is getting house things moving on positively. {smile}

Til later am leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter and am sending out {{{healing energies}}} to those who may need them.

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS also wishing a belated Happy Solstice from yesterday to {{all}} {smile}

Re: Wow..what an adventure

Hi all; ya I'm still about though have been ill for awhile. After perusing I see many have had a chore.

Diana,well the temps here are to be over 100 for the rest of the week. The cooler has been keeping it comfortable. As for the trees, it's hard to say as I was not able to keep after them. We'll see in time. A good thing for us is that El Nino seems to be forming well which will mean more rain for us though today looks to more rain for ya'll right now.As you noticed, NM has been hit with many fires. I hope you guys find another buyer soon. Still p... me that the bank got away free and clear. However, the best is yet to come.
GOD BLESS MY FRIENDS ENJOY {{{HUGS}}}

MERMAID, everything regulated the hilt. Good Luck getting all the paper work straight. I wish you the BEST OF ALL AND HI TO PAUL. {{{HUGS}}}

LIGHT, LOVE & PEACE; Kermit and Friends + B2. I call B2 Ms MUD SOCKS as she has now taken to walking in the tree wells when they are watered and has mud to her ankles. B2 here. HUP, what does he expect, me not to take a water stroll? GEES. Sending loads of {{{PAWSEY HUGS AND LICKY LICKS}}} (sorry about those mud marks on your shirt)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7