Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
Re: splashing through again {smile}

Hello to all.

I would like to ask you all to please send out healing thoughts/energy to Mom who had a nasty fall last week and broke her shoulder, as well as managed to lacerate some surrounding ligaments. Apparently there is a floor vent in their home, and the rim of her slipper caught on the lip of the vent, and down she went. Donny was apparently asleep in his room and did not hear her fall nor call for help, so bless her, she had to wriggle herself over to some furniture with which she hoisted herself up on.

There's more to the story that I won't go in to, but needless to say, this has been a wake up call for Ed and I who have our hands tied on a few things at the moment, yet what we have come up with is we're going to get her one of those lifeguard alert pendants to wear. If she should fall, she can press the pendant and they will dispatch immediate emergency response. It's also savvy enough that it will detect when she's fallen, and if they can't get her to respond to them due to unconsciousness (there's a speaker system installed in the house), they will dispatch an emergency response unit as well. I don't know how she will react to this, as she can be a tad prideful/stubborn, yet due to life as it is, and being so far from her, this is the best solution we can come up with to ensure that she receives immediate emergency response when necessary.

I've got to run to take care of some business, but I did want to post this here along with a little request for thoughts and prayers to her for a rapid and thorough recovery.

Thank you dear friends.

With love,
Diana

Re: splashing through again {smile}

Good morning dear friends {smile}

Here we are at the start of a new month again – time seems to be flying by at the moment as we head into summer… {Smile} I was unable to sit and write anything yesterday (after catching up on work stuff) because we had the power off all day whilst the electric company had to reconnect houses on our hill to underground cables. They are going to do the same for us in July as we are the first house on the hill to receive power from the supply transformer in our paddock (hence the fire in 2004 after the lightning strike). I had left the little internet dongle connector son the boat so took the opportunity to do some clearing out whilst Paul went to the office and then we went to the boat to pick up some things (and make a cup of tea!) {Smile} When we got back the power was on again so it was catch up time with work emails that had come in.

Paul is playing golf this morning for the first time in weeks since he bust his ribs so it will be nice to have the house to myself for a second morning in a row and he will be a happy chappy as well as he has missed playing. {smile}

This weekend is a long weekend so plenty of things to catch up in the garden with plantings but we have decided not to have so many hanging baskets and tubs because of the hosepipe ban for the summer and our backs not being very good to cart loads of watering cans. It does seem a little silly because we will fill the cans with the hosepipe! Also with taking more time out to be on the boat we need to reduce some of the gardening chores although this weekend we will just be on it for a little while each day as Dorothy will be away this weekend and so can;t stay over. I will enjoy looking at the pageant on the Thames for the Jubilee celebration and it is quite interesting that one of the yachts in it is actually on our pontoon in the marina. {smile} She is a Spirit yacht and they are just beautiful. The Spirit yacht boatshed is by the quayside where we are berthed and it is lovely to see them when we go to the marina as they are beautiful classis sailing yachts. Their web site is http://www.spirityachts.com/ so if you like you can see some of them there. {smile}

It was lovely to visit the boat yesterday because it now does feel like ours after all the work that we put into her during the two weeks we were on her. As soon as you open the door it is like having a big hug! {smile} The electricians have replaced the old radio/CD player as it was broken and now there is a new one which also will take my ipod as well which is brilliant. We will go and stay on her next weekend and the weekend after though so lots of things to do here at home before that. {Smile}

We have also managed to get the sheep sprayed this week which has been an achievement in itself because as I have mentioned before these Soays are seriously wild and will never be tame as they are primitive sheep. Michael had been coaxing them into the stables for the two weeks whilst we were on the boat and I ordered the anti fly spray which arrived earlier this week so now it is all done apart from two who still haven’t come in. I said to Paul that it was better to get 37 sprayed with two out rather than none at all especially with the warmer weather and flies about. I will keep trying with the other two and hopefully the Universe will give them a little boot to come inside and then it is all done. {smile}

I will be back later this morning to go through the posts but in the meantime just wanted to say to you dear {{diana}} that I have been sending out {{healing energies}} for dear {{Loralee}}} ever since I read your post and hope that she will soon heal.

Well time to go and make a start on my day so will pop this post in and will be back later this morning whilst Paul is at his golf {smile} Leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter …..

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: Posts for April, May, June 2012

I hope that all are just busy in their "nows" and are doing well.

Wanted to pop by with an update on Mom. She is slowly on the mend, but the shoulder is giving her a considerable amount of pain. She goes back near the end of the month for a check up on it and to make certain it's healing properly.

More than anything else, I think this has been a bit of a wake up call for her. We used to tease her and Dad that he would have her wrapped up in bubble wrap if it were up to him, as her penchant for taking spills was notorious, but now, I'm beginning to identify with what caused him to be so concerned!

Thanks so much to all who have kept Mom in your thoughts and prayers. I know it will be a long road back for her, as older bones certainly don't heal as quickly as younger ones do. But I also know with all the lovely energies going out, she will make a full recovery eventually.

Sending {{hugs}} to all, and hope to hear how things are going for everyone.

Love,
Diana

Re: I hope I don't lose this post

Diana, I am so sorry about your Mother's fall and sholder. I have been sending healing energies her way since I read about it last week. It seems I have lost 2 posts here since then.

Liz, I am glad you are getting time in at the boat and I hope that it is all you hoped it would be.

We leave on Thursday God willing for our European Cruise. Flying into Ireland then on to Spain where we will pick up the Carnival Breeze and then off to France, Italy and Croatia for 12 days. The reason I put in God willing is that Pat has been doctoring with a Kidney Stone that is over 1 centimeter in size. They smashed it on Friday and we pray all of it passes before Wednesday, if not then he will have to have an operation to remove it. We spent so much time at the doctors this past week and a half. Praying all goes well I have looked forward to this cruise for so long. I am also having an issue with one of my back teeth and I pray it dosen't give me to much trouble while I am away.

We had to go to our camp this weekend even though Pat wasn't feeling that great because there were things there that had to be taken care of before we left. We came home today and I have just finished packing the suitcases.....I'm good at that.

It's only near 8 o'clock and I am off to bed I'm really tired. Sending belated birthday wishes to Hathor...your such a sweetie and I'm sorry I missed you special day.

I hope to get back in before we leave, if not I'll be back on the 29th....once again God Willing.

Re: I hope I don't lose this post

Elfina, I'm so sorry to hear about Pat! Kidney Stones are so painful, bless him, I can only imagine the kind of pain he's been dealing with. Focusing energy and healing his way to help assist the stones in finishing passing safely so that you can both enjoy your trip. Sound like it will be a lovely one, so here's hoping all will go well.

Thanks so much for your healing thoughts and energies out to Mom, as well as everyone else. She reported today that she's feeling a bit better, so they're all working {smile}

{{elfina}}}

Good morning dear friends {smile}

Before I write anything I want to wish you a very happy holiday dear {{elfina}}} I hope that you have a wonderful trip to Europe and enjoy every day and new experience {smile} Will look forward to hearing all about it on your return.– it is going to be lovely knowing that you are this side of the Pond for a little while and perhaps in a future yet to happen you will be able to visit England. {Smile} I am also sending out {{healing energies}}} to you both as I write that {{Pat}}} has got rid of the kidney stone and your back tooth is ok Wishing you safe journey travels dear friend and bring back wonderful memories {Smile}

Love to you always

Mermaid…xxx

PS Am in the process of writing a catch up post in a word document so will be back later today with that.

~splashing through~ {smile}

Back again quickly before I have to make a start on my day.

Just for a lovely change the sun is actually shining outside! It has been so grey and horrible and wet (because we have a huge low pressure weather system sitting over the UK) that it has been quite depressing. It is hard to believe that this is supposed to be summer and here we are in June and the number of good days over the past couple of months can be counted on two hands. I am going to make the most of it because the rain is returning again in a couple of days just in time for us being back on the boat this weekend but it is still a nice break and Paul is happy on the water. Ever since the water company announced a hosepipe ban a couple of months ago we seem to have had non stop rain! There are floods in other parts of the country and these weather systems are all due to the jet stream not being where it should be. It is ridiculous to have the heating on this time of year as well so am sending out a little thought to the Universe to help make it go to where it should be and let us have a little bit of sunshine and summer again. {smile}

As I said at the end of my post above, I am working on a longer post in a word document so hope to be back later with responses. So til then I do hope that everyone is well and busy in their own nows and am leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter together with sending our {{{healing energies}}} to {{{all}} who may need them.

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: Crossing the pond...

Liz and Friends,
Just got home from the doctors with Pat. After more x-rays and ultra sound tests it was decided that we could go but with lots of medication and pain pills along too. Pat is passing the stone a little at a time which is good but not good enough. It seems there is a problem with the left kidney and he will need an operation when we return. In the meantime he said we could go and have a good time and let nature take it's course. Please keep him in your prayers and all the healing energy he can get will be appreciated.

We are having the same cold rainy weather here in upstate NY as you Liz. My poor son is missing out of a lot of extra money at the golf course. The leagues have to play in the rain if it is not lightening but it has put a damper on singles playing that's for sure. Hopeing for more sunshine and less rain for both of us soon.

Diana glad to hear your Mom is getting some relief from the pain. Sending out some healing energies as I type. My tooth is almost better and I pray it stays that way.

Well I'm going to recheck my bag weights and try to keep them all under wish me luck. Be back online with tales of my trip of a lifetime in 2 weeks...Until then lots of Love from me to each of you.

Re: Crossing the pond...

{{{elfina}}} Have a wonderful trip sweetie and am sending out {{healing energies}}} for you and {{Pat}} together with some extra zapping energies for him to help zap that stone and help him pass it quickly.

I could not pack for a cruise and flying as well to keep within weights - that is why we always cruise with joining the ship and departing from UK so I don;t have to worry about cases etc. I realise that that is the only way for you so I am sure with your skills in packing that you have got it down to a tee. {smile}

I know what you mean re your son and the golf - Paul is only playing with his buddies now when the weather is kind. He played a corporate golf day yesterday and said that he won;t play on Friday (his usual day) as the weather is going to be cr*p so he will go to the boat earlier instead. Hopefully the weather will pick up soon. Mind you it is a lovely evening tonight and is supposed to be again tomorrow then horrible rain back for Friday and the weekend. We will still enjoy being on the boat though and I will just read my book and watch some dvd's {smile}

Will look forward to hearing all about your trip on your return and will continue sending out {{healing energies}} for you and Pat ... {{big warm hugs}} to you sweetie...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

For {{loralee}}}

{{Diana}} I meant to say earlier that I have been holding dear {{Loralee}} in my thoughts and also have been sending out {{healing energies}} to her as well.

love always

mermaid...xxx

1 2 3 4 5 6 7