Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
Re: Wow..what an adventure

Liz, so glad everything turned out well in the end. You certainly had an interesting time of it on the water. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you don't need that expensive part. Pat says the definition of a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into. I know our 2 have been costly at times. We gave one of our old ones to John for parts recently. Instead of parting it out he sold it outright and made a pretty penny on it. Anyway the man who bought it did it all over and it looks brand new and runs well. I am glad for them all as it was just sitting here for a few years gathering leaves and branches as they fell from the tree that is was stored under. We now have only 2 boats one here and one in Florida.

We bought a new king size bed yesterday and had a good nights sleep last night. It is a foam one and it is like sleeping on a cloud.

Pat is out mowing the grass right now as it has stopped raining for a little while. It seems there is some rain almost every day. I am catching up on my e mails and even took an online drawing lesson today. It was fun and interesting. Because I am allergic to the acrylic paints I am not painting as much as I would like. I am going to concentrate on colored pencils for awhile to see how I do with them. This way I will have less health problems while doing something I love to do.

Well the dishing from dinner are waiting in the sink so I'll close now. Enjoy your day home Liz and may the rest of your holiday be a lot calmer.

Re: Posts for April, May, June 2012

Whew, the heat is on here in sunny Arizona, with temps expected to reach a whopping 111 degrees tomorrow (ugh).

Liz, I'm so happy that you were able to have time on the boat and be able to enjoy her. Your energies were lovely on board, and am hoping that you had the chance to recharge a bit. So glad to hear that the event with the Orwell Lady ended with no one getting hurt, but you know the incident brought to mind an alarming trend I've noticed myself these days. What's happened with parents not minding their children and allowing them to run amok? If I behaved as I witness so many youngsters acting out now a days, my hide would've been tanned a good 'un that is for sure. The consequences too are beginning to be seen as we witness these youngsters now entering into young adulthood and having no social skills and acting out in increasingly aggressive ways. Anyways, enough of my soapbox on that, I'm just glad everyone is safe.

Elfina, did the weather up your neck of the woods finally settle out? Sounds like Scooter has rediscovered his puppyhood {grin}, always such a relief to see our beloved animal companions in the older years have more happy and healthy moments.

Speaking of which, Serena is doing much better now, but I've noticed how dramatically she's slowed down this last year. Then again, so have I {chuckle}

Kermit, am wondering how you're feeling buddy. How are the temps holding out for you and B2?

Nothing new to report on the house front, it looks like we've hit a dry patch in terms of a buyer, so obviously the Universe has deemed it's not quite time for us to make our move, but it will eventually happen.

Leaving warm thoughts for all who enter and hope that all are well.

Love,
Diana

Splashing through again {smile}

Hello again dear friends {smile}

At long last I finally have a little time to myself as there are electricians working on getting the TV signal sorted out and Paul has gone off to the chandlers for more bits and pieces for his 1001 jobs that he is enjoying doing on the boat. {smile}

I thought I would sit and do some writing for the board as yesterday I had to rush home to do some work for ORC in getting letters and invoices done and also banking so by the time I got back and had to do other things then was too tired to sit and write anything. It has really been a working holiday so as to speak with both working on getting the boat organised and also still doing ORC stuff then not much time for myself except when I have finally fallen into bed to sleep! {Smile}

Our housesitter goes home on Thursday so I will be going home then although I will be coming back to the boat for afternoons as the dogs will be fine on their own for four hours. Michael will let them out for me so I can make sure that I am home by 6.30 to 7 in time to feed them and will then also have some time for me if Paul stays on the boat. {smile }

It is planned to take her down the river again on Friday and the weather forecast has finally changed to sunshine although it is still cool in the north easterly winds. It does make a nice change though to have sunshine as it has been so grey and cold which is fairly amazing for May. Thankfully we have a good heating system on the boat. We are waiting on a part for the generator so that the engineer can fix the water pump as if we go away on a trip there is no means (without the generator) to even boil a kettle! Mind you that is the point of this holiday is to get her properly working and hopefully we will be able to head off for weekends etc once she is.

I have also been enjoying making new friends who have their boats close by to us. We are very lucky in that they are all nice people as well so last weekend was most enjoyable with some impromptu get togethers and making new friends! {smile}

Would ask you to hold one of them (Dave) in your thoughts as he is having treatment for cancer of the oesophagus and had to go back into hospital. I spent yesterday evening with his wife helping her to deal with that as in 13 years of marriage they had never spent any time apart. Am sending out {{healing energies}} to both of them as I write ((Dave and Angie thoughts}}} and know that with yours added as well that they will make a difference. They live on their boat which is a beauty so I can understand how strange it must be for her. I believe that they are keeping him in whilst he is undergoing radiation and chemo treatment. I was able to relate my own experience with radiation and burns and loss of energy so that has helped her understand things a little more because he is normally so full of energy and life so she was really worried when she saw him totally wiped out as he is halfway through the treatment (and that is the worst time really as I can remember}. She said she felt a lot better after our chat which was brilliant as I was also whacking energies into her whilst there so I hope that they last for a little while.

Anyways before I go off on even more of a ramble (it is a Neptune day for me!) I will go through the posts as Paul will soon be back and I want to get this posted in before I have to do other things. I will put some of the catch up posts in a separate post as this ramble has been rather long and I might run out of spaced {grin}

{{{elfina}}} I remember your RV so well and yes it is very similar though much older. Mind you it has just about everything here that you could want…. Hillips whirlpool microwve, icemaker, trash compactor, nutone food centre, fridge freezer we have lots of US plug sockets on board though I would probably have to come back over to your side of the Pond to buy some American things to use them with {smile} I read on FB the other day that you have got it all sorted on your new place for the summer so you will be having a wonderful time won’t you? {smile} I am sure that Scooter will be enjoying himself as well as it sounds as though the northern climes suit him better than Florida from the sound of it.

Your new mattress sounds wonderful – I have one of those memory foam ones and I would never sleep on anything else now. Olly had bought one and ended up with the wrong size as he thought he had bought a king size when he should have bought a superking. He has slept on it for a month though so it couln’t be returned so we bought it off him and then then bought the proper size for his bedstead. It is wonderful for bad backs.

Paul had said the same thing about boats and throwing money into the water! {laughing} Mind you it is true. We are fortunate though in that we have Orwell Lady so we can buy fuel at commercial rates which is 20% cheaper than the other boat users. With the cost of fuel here in the uK almost being the highest in the world and for sure in europe that does make a big difference. Mind you he had got the boat for a good amount off from the original asking price so that has been put to good use in getting her back to how she should be so at the moment we are still in credit so to speak. {Smile} Sounds as though John had the right idea with your old boat and it is nice to know that she wasn’t pulled to bits just for parts and the new owner is happy as well. {Smile} I hope that you are now having sunshine rather than rain – I think april was one of the wettests months here ever so it is most welcome to see some sunshine that’s for sure {smile} Sending {{big warm hugs}} to you dear friend and hope that you are enjoying yourself back in the north {smile}

continued in next post....

Re: Splashing through again {smile}

{{{diana}}} aww it was lovely to read your post this morning but oh dear with the temperatures! I would just melt if it was like that here. Mind you we do have air conditioning on the boat though whether it works or not has yet to be tested {smile} I was sorry to hear that you are not able to find a buyer right now but perhaps you are meant to stay there and the Universe will provide in other ways – I certainly hope so! Was lovely to read about Serena improving as well – the people on the boat next to us bring their cats on board would you believe. They get walked on a harness and lead and seem to enjoy their weekend soujourns when they visit {smile}

It was lovely to read how dear {{Loralee}} has settled in so well In your earlier post and I am so pleased for her as it has been such a life changing time for her in recent years hasn’t it? I hope that she continues to do well and please pass on my good wishes to her when you are next in touch.

Have you managed to get Ed’s health issues back under control and his insulin levels sorted out? I do hope so and also that his new doctor has now got herself sorted out and up to speed on things.

I agree with you about those boys on Orwell Lady and how their mother just let them run riot, I think it is the same generally here in the UK and I read the other day that our government are actually now arranging for parenting classes for parents! I really thought I was seeing things. Actually it makes one feel quite old doesn’t it as I know when I was a child I would not have dreamt of doing anything untoward. The policeman who came to interview Paul when he reported it said the same as the youngsters don’t have any respect for the police – mind you it is back to the parenting skills (or lack of) again isn’t it? I had best get off my own soap box methinks else I could probably write a book! {grin} Sending {{loving hugs}} acrossthe Pond to you sweetie and once I am back then we can have a catch up chat as I still do have my chat room {{more hugs}}}

{{kermit}}} hope you have got all your treesorganised now and that things are well with you dear friend. I am hoping that once things are more organised on the boat that I will have some more time to myself and I can write more but have been saying that for how many years now? {smile} I hope that you have your cooler working so that the higher temperatures aren’t too much for you and {{B2}}}. The dogs are all well and happy and went berserk when I saw them yesterday – when I was working in the study they all came and sat in there with me. Poor Jill said that they had deserted her! {smile} At least the weather is nice now so they can be enjoying the outside hopefully whilst we are away. At least I am only a 20 minute drive away and I will be looking forward to being at home with them by the weekend as I do miss them even though I love being on the boat as well – it is difficult to split yourself into two that’s for sure. {smile}

Thank you for your good wishes for the boat – yes she is big enough to live on and does have all the home comforts – if we didn’t have three dogs then perhaps we could live on her – who knows what a future yet to happen may bring. When we are down to one or two then they could come on the boat with us but that is definitely for a future yet to happen as I wouldn’t wish them to go before their time. {Smile} Emma is doing well as her and Dan have gone back together and are making a new start so hopefully all will be well for them both. We haven’t seen so much of her recently as she has been away on holiday but hopefully we will be having a catch up before too long. Sending {{hugs}} across the sea together with a {{{nice pat}} for {B2} and hope to see a post from you soon. {smile}

{{hathor}}} in case you look in here I realise that I missed your birthday so am leaving belated happy birthday wishes for you sweetie. I didn’t have my email address book on this netbook so I couldn’t send you an ecard – this will wait until I am back on my usual one. I hope that you had a good birthday and that your solar new year brings you all you could wish for and more! {{{warm hugs}}}

Well that is about it for now from me as Paul has returned from his shopping expedition and the electricians have nearly finished their work. I hope that everyone is well and am leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to all who may enter together with sending our {{healing energies}} to those who need thm {smile} Will look in again later this evening … til then…

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS excuse typos etc as am still working using the netbook rather than the full size keyboard laptop! {smile}

Adding to Mermaids belated Birthday Wishes for Hathor.

I do hope you had a wonderful birthday, and that this new birth year is one of health, happiness, and love.

Diana

Hello again dear friends smile}

At long last I have got the main laptop computer up and running in the study cabin so I thought I would pop a line in now from here rather than using the paperbak book size keyboard! {grin}

Back to work on the boat now as the weather is now glorious just as I am going home tomorrow! Still at least I can come and visi every day now whilst Paul stays on the boat. Will write more soon til then I hope that everyone is well....

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

Am writing this from my desk in the study this morning as I returned home yesterday leaving Paul on the boat. It is ironic that now the weather has turned beautiful and sunny and hot that I can’t stay on the boat overnight but the Universe provides and it is a beautiful morning out there and it was lovely to be reunited with the wolfpack {Smile}

I will go back and forth between house and boat in the afternoons until Sunday when Paul will return home as well so I will also enjoy the peace and solitude in the evenings and mornings here just with the dogs. {smile} the working holiday has been just that with lots of hard work on the boat and also doing the normal working things with the river boat but at least with technology, mobile phones and wi fi it has been easy to keep up with working things.

It looks like the Universe is bringing change again as I learned today that the BT hosting platform is changing and they are taking down all web sites which include my seawolf and esoteric astrology ones. I have to decide whether to transfer them all to my own domain sites or indeed just let it go. In any event it will be a massive amount of work to transfer things over so I am not sure at the moment what to do and will ask the Universe for guidance as perhaps it is time for a complete change.

Looking at the time I will need to make a start on my day so will pop this post in for now and then look back in this evening when I get back from the boat. I do hope all are well and am leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter …

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Liz, while I'm glad you enjoyed your time on board, I wish you had been able to take more time relaxing and less time working. But, as you said, at least you will have some evening and morning time to recharge your batteries.

On the topic of your Seawolf and Esoteric Astrology Sites. I have two suggestions on this for your consideration, and I hope that in doing so, this doesn't cause any additional stress, rather than alleviate it.

Suggestion One: I could assist you with transferring files and bits and pieces should you decide to go that route. Between us, perhaps it would take half the time, each of us doing so as our nows permit us.

Suggestion Two: I could create some pages on my own Site for your works, as it seems it would be a shame to just let your wonderful writings just go.

Just my thoughts/suggestions. Please let me know if I can be of help in any way on this.

Waving to all around the room.

Blessed Be
Diana

Memorial Day Weekend

While not the real Memorial Day we will celebrate it this weekend and Monday. So, we are going to Connecticut to spend time with my Mother and family there until Tuesday. We leave in a few hours, I am hoping the weather will cooperate as it looks odd, breezy and about to rain right now.

Liz, I hope you don't have to loose your lovely pages.

Not much news here, life is good and I am happy what more can anyone ask for.

I'll be back on Tuesday. Bye for now....gotta go Pat is calling.

splashing through again {smile}

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

I have been catching up on work things here together with gardening and lawn mowing yesterday so not much time to write anything for here. It has also been very hot so that has zapped my energy somewhat.

I just wanted to leave a quick line this morning as I know today is going to be busy as I am out at an appointment this afternoon. I hope to get back this evening and then will write a longer post and respond to you dear {[diana}} and {{elfina}}}. I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend across the Pond – we are getting ready for the long weekend coming up with the Jubilee celebrations and hopefully if Dorothy can house sit then we will be on the boat – if not then we can go back and forth again from the house. {smile}.

So til later – wishing everyone a lovely day and leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter..

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

1 2 3 4 5 6 7