Start a New Topic 
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Curiosity Shop comp
This series kinda threatened to make an appearance a few years back but it never materialized and I assumed they used all the tracks for Piccadilly Sunshine but perhaps not... Due soon...Opening up a new chapter in the tapestry of earthly delights, Particles pre...
Views: 1056   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 8, 2014 1:51am
by Boris
Kaleidoscope - 'White Faced Lady'
Over time I've really come to love this album for the most part. I think it gets off to a bit of a not very promising start and maybe that had put me off a bit in the past but there are some spellbinding songs on here..The Matchseller is beautiful wispy stuff, the w...
Views: 563   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 7, 2014 9:09am
by skipbifferty
Complete Rubble Collection
All 20 CD's for sale for £40 post free from Rare Record Shop £2 a cd a good price also a nice book with it my orders in
Views: 805   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 7, 2014 7:43am
by Andy C
TEN ALBUMS YOU MUST HEAR BEFORE YOU DIE
just a seasonal quiz a bit o fun for myself i couldnt think of one
Views: 797   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 6, 2014 3:54pm
by phil-one-shed
Tapestry of Delights 2 volume edition
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has bought this new edition of Tapestry. I pre-ordered it from Amazon 4 months ago when it was first announced but on publication date they only managed to send me the 1st volume A-K and had no 2nd volume L-Z to send! So I sent the...
Views: 1474   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 5, 2014 3:10am
by Vernon Joynson
Starry Eyed And Laughing
I've been reading about SE&L in the latest Shindig. Been sampling tunes from their two LPs and unissued pre-album recordings on Youtube etc. Beautiful Byrds like songs but from the early-mid 1970s. How could they ever have been bracketed as 'pub rock'!? Judging from...
Views: 918   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 1, 2014 4:31am
by Paul Martin
Our Plastic Dream
Been giving the cd Pierres Plastic Dream a spin tonight...i forgot how good the Our Plastic Dream tracks are,fab uk psych of the top drawer"Someone Turned the Light Out",A little bit of Shangrila",Encapsulated Marigold","Paint Yourself"and"Rubber Gun"all tickle my uk...
Views: 751   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 28, 2014 4:40pm
by painterman
A Day in my Minds Mind vol 4
I see this collection is available,the first 3 in this series were excellent so this compilation has a lot to live up too!! Comilation.of heavy psych, pop psych and sunshine pop from New Zealand's psyche­delic scene 1966 - 1972. A Day In My Mind's Mind Volum...
Views: 963   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 27, 2014 7:06am
by Paul Martin
OH YES WE CAN A HISTORY OF GLAMROCK
Just checked this album out curious as to why the first cd had this listing so strange inclusions anyone know why Disc: 1 1. Mad Dogs And Englishmen - Noël Coward 2. Around And Around - Chuck Berry 3. Ooh My Soul - Little Richard 4. Brand New Cadillac - Vi...
Views: 542   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 24, 2014 2:15pm
by phil-one-shed
Local Customs - Cavern Sound (Numero 054) comp.
I've been enjoying this US compilation on Numero. The overal feel of it is very much like an American Syde Tryps / Psychedelic Shlemiels via a little bit of Soft Sounds For Gentle People. It kicks off heavily with Pretty's 'Moustache In Your Face' (also on 'World of...
Views: 581   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 20, 2014 7:38pm
by Stuart Robertson
New cds
Anyone have this??? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TRUFFLES-20-PSYCHEDELIC-RARE-GROOVY-FLOORPACKERS-MOD-FREAKBEAT-PSYCH-HEAR-/231352818987?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item35ddb3dd2b This may appeal to some here Millions Like Us - The Story Of The Mod...
Views: 859   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 20, 2014 6:01am
by Philippe
kaleidoscope tangerine dream
what a great album. does not get much better than this.
Views: 498   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2014 2:31pm
by painterman
g
Gian
Judee Sill - Duncan Browne
Listening to Judee first album I discovered a similitude to Duncan Browne's first lp. In particular, Lady-O could be well an outtake of Duncan's first album, and the beautiful Turtles version is all the same. But there are other similar songs/arrangements too. Anyway...
Views: 585   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 14, 2014 11:40am
by Gian
Our Sunrise - Cherubin
Our Sunrise - Cherubin I recently bought this German bands first LP on cd and was pretty impressed - don't expect Krautrock (whatever that is)- more a sort of post-psych west-coast melodic mix. A long way from Can or Amon Duul(they even cover The Letter) but stil...
Views: 598   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 10, 2014 3:00pm
by mr b
Grapefruit-juicy with bits
Listening to the album "Around Grapefruit"by the group Grapefruit and i must say its one of the best pop with a hint of psych albums released at that time which was 1968.A real faultless album in my opinion,Most of you probably know the connections they had with The...
Views: 670   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 31, 2014 1:51pm
by skipbifferty
Blow Up presents Exclusive Blend
Come across an old cd i had lurking about in me old cupboard tonight,i had totally forgotten i had it,im playing it now and its a real groovy swinging london type of thing featuring recordings from the KPM music library and featuring the likes of Alan Hawkshaw,Alan P...
Views: 620   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 29, 2014 5:04am
by eggy
The Mascots on RPM!!
Mascots 'Elpee' gets 2CD treatment on RPM. Don't think the Fallout or whatever label it was that we got some years back was from the master tapes so I'll def be picking this up...their 1st '65 album finally gets a reissue too.... Due 22/09...Ellpee, released in...
Views: 795   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 28, 2014 1:41am
by Scott Charbonnea...
Goodbye Jack
Sad news... http://time.com/3538924/cream-jack-bruce/
Views: 541   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 26, 2014 1:51pm
by mark kirk
Demis Roussos-On the Greek Side of my Mind(71)
Just been listening to this strange album,recorded by Roussos just before Aphrodite's Child released the awesome 666,as you probably know Roussos was the vocalist for the cracking Aphrodite's Child who recorded many a fine psych song,after listening to this album,i c...
Views: 667   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 22, 2014 10:26am
by flaxton
Peter Dunton
I just wanted to write and show appreciation of the music of Peter Dunton,this guy recorded some fab psych and prog from the mid 60s to the early 70s,im concentrating on cds here......you have the 2 Please cds "1968/69"&"Seeing Stars"which feature some impressive psy...
Views: 822   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 12, 2014 4:51pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Eddie Grant-The Equals,Sundae Times & 32nd Turnoff
Just been listening to a few albums Eddie Grant had involvement with,of course most folks know he first made it big with The Equals and the very scarce and stupidly priced double cd "Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys"is essential listening imo,as for the little known Sundae...
Views: 681   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2014 6:34am
by Paul Martin
Electric Warrior(1971)
Yeh im listening to this cd by T.Rex and im really enjoying it,its one of those stories where i bought this yonks ago and have never really sat down and paid much attention to it,but i cant sleep tonight so i thought i would give it a spin after being very impressed...
Views: 559   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 9:25am
by Painterman
Olivia Newton-John-TOOMORROW OST
has anyone heard this OST reading about it its supposed to be very good with lots of special effects etc just curious as ive read its gained cult status ??
Views: 803   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 1:31am
by FrothNinja
Early Deep Purple
Stuff like Emmaretta /Wring That Neck etc all good anyone here agree?
Views: 550   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 7, 2014 3:14pm
by FrothNinja
The Sweet-Desolation Boulevard
Just received this today from a very generous soul,i just wanted to say i loved hearing this album,i really like it,some fab heavy fuzzed out moves on this,just loved the tracks The 6 Teens,Sweet FA & Ballroom Blitz,but really i enjoyed it all.Any other recommendatio...
Views: 483   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2014 12:47pm
by Stuart Robertson
Chris Britton-As I Am(69)
Been giving this album a spin from Troggs man Chris Britton,its a nice n neat pop album from the late 60s,i particularly love the track"Fly With Me"which is more or less the most psych like track on a very consistently catchy pop album imo.The albums full of strings...
Views: 796   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 5, 2014 2:02pm
by Painterman
Shapes & Shadows comp
I’ve just been playing the new Chapter 1 label anthology CD ‘Shapes & Shadows’ on Grapefruit. Not a bad collection and all from the masters so even the repeats from other comps sound better. The Bliss, Morning Glory and Putney bridge (especially ...
Views: 659   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 29, 2014 12:16pm
by painterman
Powder - Ka-Pow!!..... An Explosive collection 1967-69
I love this band...I have the excellent Distortion Records release from 2000, it's great but slightly let down by poor sound quality, this release promises a sonic upgrade, I hope so..... America’s 1960s love affair with British rock was probably never art...
Views: 913   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 18, 2014 12:40pm
by eggy
Shirley--Fantasy in Fiction
I finally found a copy of this Dutch 45 by a singer named Shirley who I believe is known more for jazz stuff. The a-side is her version of Roger Bunn's "Fantasy in Fiction" from his Piece of Mind album. I found a picture sleeve of this about ten years ago, and though...
Views: 1066   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 9, 2014 11:52pm
by Joe McFarland
Exception The Eagle Flies On Friday
This also looks good pop pickers.... Due 27/10...Brummie rock band THE EXCEPTION were formed in 1967 by ex-members of The Ugly’s, Dave Pegg and Roger Hill, and talented drummer/writer/vocalist Alan James ‘Bugsy’ Eastwood. Between 1967 and 196...
Views: 559   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 9, 2014 1:37pm
by Stuart Robertson
g
Graham
Your 1st listening experience
Mine was thanks to an older brother of a friend of mine who had a massive record collection I was about 11 at the time and he said \\\\\\\"What do you like? I said Rock & he put on Dazed & Confused Led Zep I was transformed What about you?
Views: 677   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 11:33pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
DC5-Everybody Knows(68)
Dave Clark 5......eemmm what about them??Well ive just listened to their 68 album "Everybody Knows"which to my ears features 5 fabdab paisley pop veering to the psych side of things numbers......."Inside and Out"is just tremendous and imo up there with their acid pop...
Views: 702   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 10:06am
by Stuart Robertson
Thanks!
Thanks to whoever cleared out the old posts that were jamming up the forum and rendering it inaccessible! I can't recall who the nominal moderator is now but thanks anyway! PM
Views: 498   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 9:23am
by FrothNinja
Billy Nicholls - Would You Believe
Here in North America, it's Labour Day... traditionally viewed as the end of summer (the kids start another school year tomorrow, the leaves are beginning to change colour.... autumn is in the air). What better album to celebrate summers final daze then this stunner...
Views: 645   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 2, 2014 3:06pm
by Joe McFarland
Question: The End
OK, I have a question about the the band the End and perhaps helpful people here can clue me in. I have two songs by the End on my computer with no song titles, and I can't seem to find them on any list of albums by the End, so I'm wondering if they weren't a single,...
Views: 537   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 31, 2014 7:04am
by Joe McFarland
Tucky Buzzard
I keep going back to \"Coming On Again.\" What a great album. It was only released in Spain, and Brazil I guess. Recorded for Hispavox records. Why this album didn\'t get a UK or US release is beyond me. It\'s the only Tucky Buzzard I\'ve heard that sounds kind of li...
Views: 871   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 29, 2014 2:16pm
by Joe McFarland
Smoke - Dream of Dreams vinyl set
A someone mentioned here a couple of weeks back, the excellent Smoke 'Dream of Dreams' single is being made available, but not the released version on Revolution, a longer version. It's now available for pre-order, I just did! An original copy on Revolution sold for...
Views: 732   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 23, 2014 2:16am
by Paul Martin
Status Quo-Spare Parts
I must say i enjoy this second album more than their debut"Picturesque Matchstickable Messages From The Status Quo",though both are very enjoyable slabs of pop/psych to my ears,the second album from "69 still features some similar sounds to the debut,but to my ears a...
Views: 610   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 22, 2014 11:17am
by Mr Wisdom\\\...
Emerlist Davjack Mono and Stereo
Hello, does everyone prefer the mono version of this album? I've only heard the stereo version which is still great but I've heard on the grapevine that the mono version of the album beats it in many respects. I've also heard from someone else that the alternative ve...
Views: 1128   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 21, 2014 9:18am
by Skip Bifferty
Ro-d-ys--Just Fancy & Earnest Vocation
Just thought i would let you good folks know that theres a 2 cd set containing both of those fine albums by Dutch group Ro-d-ys,released by Universal,its a no frills product containing both albums on a cd each with no liners and contained in a box with jewel cases......
Views: 545   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 10, 2014 6:42pm
by stuart robertson
Jim Keays-Gone But Not Forgotten
Lead singer of The Masters Apprentices passed away today after a battle with The Big C. IMO The Masters were Australia's best ever band. If things were fairer they should have been huge around the world. They were as good as anyone from the UK, US or the continent an...
Views: 583   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 7, 2014 4:08am
by painterman
Beacon records comp
Due soon...IMAGINATIONS “Psychedelic Sounds From The Young Blood, Beacon and Mother Labels, 1969-1974” Famous in collector circles for being the home of rare progressive/psych albums such as Salamander, Julian’s Treatment or Moonkyte, Miki Dallo...
Views: 1318   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 4, 2014 11:41pm
by Paul Martin
(60s)Nirvana
Been spinning a lot of Nirvana lately,the following albums have been getting played: The story of simon simopath All of us To Markos 3 Songs of Love and Praise All 4 albums to my ears are just cracking,of course most of you will be familiar with those albums,but...
Views: 532   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 4, 2014 3:45am
by Paul Martin
a
Andy
Shapes And Shadows
New comp out on Grapefruit in September. 26 tracks of pop and light psych from the Chapter One label. https://www.facebook.com/GrapefruitRecords?fref=ts 1 PUTNEY BRIDGE What’s It All About 2 EPISODE SIX Lucky Sunday 3 THE BLISS Lifetime 4 PHILWIT & PEG...
Views: 924   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 25, 2014 1:07pm
by Paul Clarke
Big Boy Pete
Can anyone tell me which of the many BBP collections is the best place to start Thanx
Views: 579   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 3:28pm
by painterman
Views: 527   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 5:57am
by Joe McFarland
Whats happened to the UK psych reissues??
Hi guys im just wondering why theres virtually been no uk psych reissues of late,whati mean is uk psych albums from the 60s and early 70s?Has the UK psych reissue biz hit the bottom of a barrel?Yeh we got the good 3 cd set Love,Poetry and Revolution......but im on ab...
Views: 1956   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 7, 2014 11:27am
by stuart robertson
Electric Banana, a very Pretty Thing. Is there a box set?
Is there a reasonably priced box set of the Electric Banana releases? Think there was 4 or 5 LPs released Cheers
Views: 1625   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 28, 2014 5:14am
by Philippe
Pretty Things question
'Made In England, British Beat Special 1964-69' a compilation on French LCD label has the track 'Reincarnation'. CD is OOP and expensive to buy and I have most of the tracks on it already. Anyone know another source for this song?
Views: 595   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 23, 2014 4:39pm
by pete
R.I.P. The Lama
Word is just coming out from the author of Galactic Ramble. Patrick has passed on. Sharp and stalwart poster to Psychedelica Yahoo Groups back in the old days. Foremost chronicler of the US psych scene. No doubt some of you here have his books. Ter...
Views: 761   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 13, 2014 7:45am
by Mr Wisdom\'s W...
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28