Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Author
Comment
Re: For Healing Energies and Thoughts

Dear {{hathor}}}

Holding you in my thoughts today sweetie and sending out {{comforting and strengthening energies}}}} for you today {{hugs}}} will share the poem here that you will recite today at the service as it is beautiful and serves to remind us that there is life after death if we have faith that it is so.

Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I and you are you
whatever we were to each other
that we still are

call me by my old familiar name
speak to me in the easy way
which you always used
put no difference in your tone

wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together
pray smile, think of me, pray for me

Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was
Let it be spoken without effort
without the trace of a shadow in it

Life means all that it ever meant
it is the same as it ever was
there is unbroken continuity
why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you
somewhere very near
just around the corner
All is well

Henry Scott Holland
(1847-1918) Canon of St Paul's Cathedral

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Thank you Mermaid, Elfina, Haggar and others for thoughts and condolences. Have such a headache at the moment that I cannot remember all the names.

Yes, Mermaid, that was the poem I read out at the funeral. My step sister Miranda e'd the words but no reference, so it made me look very clever when I could say who the originator was. Thank you for that.

I managed without falling off the dais. My eyes still trouble me so it is difficult judging distance. But I am improving. Apparently the concensus of opinion is that I would be brill at public speaking (comes from years of shouting at patients! LOL)

Somehow, everything came to a conclusion so quickly - my mind was somewhere else - the pallbearers took their positions, and my choice of exit music "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli filled the church. Then Bertha and I just fell apart.

Trevor was an extraordinary man. Shy, retiring, thoughtful, deeply spiritual, but with a mind like a steel trap. He was an amazing father.
We'll never get over this loss, but we will learn to live with it and in time we will bear the pain with more grace.

Thanks

Hathor

{{{hathor}}}} thank you for calling in and sending you more {{loving energies}}} .... Andrea Bocelli is one of my favourite singers so am going to leave a little something that you might like... though do have the Kleenex ready - I hope you enjoy....{smiling}

Leaving you a {{{big warm hug}}}}

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Dear Hathor

So sorry to hear of your brothers passing, he sounds like a very special person, wishing you and all his family comfort and healing. Good on you for standing up and speaking at the funeral, it takes a lot of courage and strength to be able to do that for a someone thats so dear, but I'm sure in later times you will be so glad that you did.
The song 'time to say goodbye' is just absolutely beautiful and very fitting..
(Liz, you were a clever cookie embedding that video.)

Lotsa love
Always

Hathor, sending out big {{hugs}} to you. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Thank you Robynne, Diana .. and Mermaid for your kindly letter. Mermaid, I do have trouble getting mail to you. Sometimes it bounces, sometimes not. Sometimes I can get into this Forum, sometimes not.
Thanks again for the music/video. At the moment, I do not feel I want to hear that song for a very long time. (I am listening to Rod Stewart American Songbook:when I feel better I will listen to Queen).

The family just didn't feel the strength to unite this Xmas. Mum and Selwyn went to his ex's family. Bertha and I just stayed at home. We will meet on Sunday. We were all just so emotionally wrecked, still trying to cope with the unbelievable.

My eye that was doing so well has become painful again. Dr. says don't get stressed! HA! He hasn't even told me the worst part (I have cataracts in both eyes - but I can see them). My optometrist scares you all in one go, Dr. does it in instalments. LOL!

I send you love, thanks, Peace and Healing Thoughts.
Love
Hathor

Hello dear friends

I thought I would leave a post here this morning with an update on two of our friends who are undergoing the tribulations of cancer and its effects. I have written about them before and for one the news is good and the other not so good.

{{Jacqui}}} has undergone surgery last week for the tumour on her ovary after having chemotherapy to see if they could reduce it in order to then operate. This appears to have been successful as she has had a complete hysterectomy and the biopsies taken around the area are clear. Thank you for your thoughts and energies as she now starts on the road to recovery. Sending out some {{{{extra energies}}} as I write to her to help on the way.

On a sadder note Paul’s best friend {{{Michael}}} in Orange, NSW who has cancer of the oesophagus is not doing so well now. He is down to 69 kilos and the cancer is growing at a faster rate. I believe I put down before that it is inoperable. He has extra growths in his neck (related to the main cancer), the tumour is now encompassing the stent that was put in to help him take food and breath and the doctors also believe a tumour is now growing on the brain. His remaining lifespan is to be counted in weeks so I am asking for your help and energies for him as he faces the next stage of his journey and also for {{Rebecca}} to give her the strength to continue in the knowledge that she is about to lose her husband. {{{Mike and Rebecca}}}} you are beautiful souls – sending out thoughts of {{courage and loving energies}}} to you both.

{{Hathor}}} I hope that you are feeling much better dear friend and also that your eye condition is improving. You are in my thoughts and I hope it is not too long before you call back here with an update on how you are doing. {{{hugs}}}

Would ask you to also hold {{Paul}}} in your thoughts and send him some extra energies as he is not coping well with the thought of losing his best friend

Well time to start my day so will pop this post in with the wish that those who need extra {{healing energies}}} will receive them. Thank you to {{all}} who may enter here your thoughts and energies are much appreciated. {smile}

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Hello again dear friends

I thought I would pop in again before Neptune time to ask you to hold {{david}} (a friend of ours} in your thoughts and prayers. It has been a challenging day today because we learned this morning that {{Tessa}} a dear friend and neighbor of ours died suddenly last night. We have all been in shock and heaven only knows what {{David}}} (her husband) and the family are going through. She is/was the same age as me and was one of the kindest people that you could hope to meet.

I shall miss her so much and still can't believe this has happened. She was here over Christmas and so happy with her grandchildren (two of which were here) it just seems so unfair.

Please hold all of the family in your thoughts and prayers... thank you so much....

love always

mermaid...xxx

PS will be back tomorrow to put a post in the January string.

Dear Mermaid, to Paul's friend, and Paul, David and Tessa, and you ..... my thoughts of comfort and strength.
Having just recently visited that painful part of one's heart, nothing compares with the shock and agony of loss of a beloved. This is not a soapie where we can switch channels. It is real and it hurts.

This week Haggar and I have lost a mutual friend, Robert. An elderly gentleman, but one I spent rewarding hours of correspondence.

My mind and emotions still cannot understand what I call a stampede to get out of this life, but perhaps I will eventually comprehend.

Trevor, my brother has been in touch ... and with his usual humour! Sends me a darned toad!

I send love and comfort and hope somehow we can find the grace to bear our pain with dignity. (I'm not bearing up so well!)

Love .. Hathor

{{Hathor}}} Thank you so much for your post and am very sorry to hear about yours and {{Haggar’s}} friend. I hope that he has adjusted well to his transition now and that the pain will ease for both of you.

Would ask all who call in here to please hold our green friend {{{kermit}} in your thoughts and prayers as Elfina found out yesterday that he is in hospital though at the moment we don’t know what is wrong. All energies I am sure will help him greatly and Elfina and/or I will pop an update in the January string when we can find out what is wrong with him.

{{{kermit}}} hope you are sleeping well as I sit and write dear friend and sending out some strong {{healing energies}}} to help you get well very soon.

Will be back later… til then

Love to all

Mermaid…xxx

6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15