Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
Posts for April, May, June 2012

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

Well here we are at the start of a new month and time to begin a new quarterly string. I am not sure where the time goes anymore as it only seems a week or so ago since I started the January quarter one! {smile}

I hope that all are well this Sunday morning. I have been writing up a post in a word document so will pop this one in now and then be back later.

Til then wishing all who enter a peaceful and loving Sunday and leaving a {{{warm group hug}}}}

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for April, May, June 2012

What a change with the weather we have at the moment. From temperatures up in the mid 60’s (which is not usual for March) we have come back down again to the low 50’s. The weather people are forecasting snow for Easter though I think that is for Scotland and the north and hopefully not here!

We have been busy with the garden trying to get it watered before the hosepipe ban comes into force later this week as all the plants popping out were looking very limp. We are expecting fairly heavy rain on Tuesday so at least when/if that happens then it should soak into the beds rather than just running off.

I had an interesting experience early yesterday morning and thank heavens the Universe was looking out as well because it could have been a serious revisit of a nightmare. I had let the dogs out and then was just getting the bird food ready when I wondered where Nelson was. I looked out of the back door and saw Chakhotay down near the stables and then looked again as I heard a noise and then saw him in the distance next to the stables and something didn’t look quite right. Bearing in mind that we have a fence by the stables with a gate, I suddenly realised that it was Nelson in the field! Fortunately, bless him and thanking the Universe – I was able to say “Nelson come here – good boy “ and he came straight away whilst I then rushed to close the gate before the sheep all came back and Chakhotay realised the gate was open! It certainly brought back memories of when Chakhotay got in with the sheep although this might have been different because they are very different now to the ones we had before. However with two dogs in there I really don’t know what the outcome might have been! I also had thoughts of sheep in the garden and remembering that these are Soays and more like deer they probably could have jumped right out of the property to next door and beyond! At least though we didn’t have to face that problem. I sent out lots of thank you’s to the Universe and angels! {smile}

I had to go to Ipswich yesterday afternoon to meet a client who has chartered Orwell Lady at the end of the month for a special anniverary party and she wanted to see the boat and had a few questions. That went well as it was also a beautiful day (not like Saturday which was dreadful with high northerly winds and grey skies!) so it was most enjoyable to be in the marina as well. The men have also re-started work on the Bayliner last week so hopefully she will be back in the water after Easter time or it not then mid April. For sure I hope by early May because we are going to spend a couple of weeks on her then learning all the ropes on her and having a few trips etc. I will be able to work on her as we have a cabin that can be used as an office and I will have the mobile phone and laptop with a wi fi connection in the marina as well. The wonders of technology and fortunately Mercury is going direct again on Wednesday as well thank heavens! {smile}

After meeting at the marina I then went on to visit Emma and little Scarlet and we had a nice visit and I was able to help Emma by looking after Scarlet whilst Emma managed to get a few jobs done. She is managing well under the circumstances I must admit though she has good days and not so good days. I had such fun with Scarlet it was lovely taking myself to the mind of a child and having playtime that I really enjoyed it – the wonders of seeing the world through the eyes of a child. {smile}

I had yet to finish responding to posts as I thought I would just pop a little catch up post on what has been happening here first. Paul is now spending more time at home as he can link up to his office computer and everyone calls him on his mobile when they need to so it has been getting used to a different routine now. Mind you it does help because when I need to do things then he can listen out for my work phone which is great as I am not so tied to it as I was all those years ago when I looked after the charters before the fire. It is also saving on petrol for him which is just as well as we are facing the possibility of a fuel shortage if the tanker drivers follow through on their threat of a strike. Last week it was chaos with people queuing at the petrol stations for fuel and they hadn’t even declared a strike just the possibility of one! So we wait and see what happens this week on that and in the meantime many petrol stations are now empty because of panic buying! There is nothing to be done though but wait and see. The trouble with living in the country though is that you need a car because we don’t have public transport. I am not going to try and think of what can happen like the last one in 2000 when it even got to supermarkets running out of food because nothing could get delivered. Sending out thought to the Universe to let common sense prevail (even though sometimes it appears that common sense has left the planet!) {smile}.

Well looking at the clock I see it is nearly time to go and make a start on my day so I will pop this post in for now and then hopefully be back later on this afternoon with my outstanding response to posts left in the March string. {Smile}

I do hope everyone is well in their own ~nows~ and am sending out {{healing energies}} to those who need them and leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter.

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Hi guys,

To start my brother is doing well. What has him slowed is the lumps that formed after surgery. The one on the side of the groin has receded but the left one, as he described it, the size of a small potato and needs to wear pants that won't irritate it.

Maggy, hope all is going well. Before ya know it you'll be skying. ENJOY Hi to Dan. {{{HUGS}}}

Robynne, think of you guys often. Ready for winter? Sure has been unusual weather for us this year. ENJOY FRIEND {{{HUGS}}}

Diana, sure hope all has been straightened out with the bank. I think of you guys many times as our weather keeps changing and Ed's heath. My prayers are with you guys. TAKE CARE & ENJOY BUDDY. {{{HUGS}}}

Mermaid, I am of the opinion that the unions are going well beyond their reason for being. Here, they are causing havick and Obama is pretty much condoning their actions. I hope the fuel situation resolves itself quickly. Boy, your guys know how to open gates, now the next thing is to answer your phone and you could take that on the road. Oh boy, time, gotta run-if only I could. LOVE YA, HI TO PAUL. {{{HUGS}}}

LIGHT, LOVE & PEACE; Kermit and Friends + B2. HEHEHE he thinks he has somewhere to go. LOVE YOUSE GUYS {{{LOVING HEALING PAWSEY HUGS AND LICKY LICKS}}}

Hello again dear friends {smile}

I had meant to complete another post this afternoon but we ended up driving to Norfolk to collect the window for the boat. It was a nice drive with the sun shining and paul wanted the company because although he could have driven on his own he doesn’t really like driving too much. {smile} Anyway before I start wafting on I will continue with adding to what I have already managed to write {smile}

{{elfina}}} Hope all is well with you dear friend and that you are just enjoying your time in the sunshine. sending out a {{{warm hug}}} to you and hope you can pop in again soon. {Smile}

{{Diana}}} I was so sorry to read that you have been having problems with finalising the house sale and thank heavens your buyers are willing to wait. Am sending out the thought to the Universe to give a helping hand to speed things up for you. I don’t understand escrow as I think we do things slightly differently here in the UK. You find a place, like it, put an offer in, have it accepted and then arrange for a survey (assuming you have your mortgage in place). You then exchange contracts and put a deposit down whilst the lawyers run searches to make sure that everything is ok legally and then you complete the contract with the balance paid up and then you get the keys and move in. That sounds very simplistic as it can take up to 6 weeks to complete the sale but in essence that is what happens here. I don’t know how your bank managed to screw it up like that and they should be held liable for it if it is their mistake with the files. Fortunately Mercury is going direct on Wednesday so hopefully things will move a little quicker for you – I do hope so as you have really been through the mill with it all.

Am keeping my fingers crossed over {{ed’s}} health issues and hope that it isn’t anything too serious and that you can both get back to being able to get on with your lives together {{{hugs}}}}

I am sending out a request to the Universe to help get me back in the swing of things astrological as well and with Paul being at home more now perhaps that will help me with getting other things done so I can get back to my astrology after what seems like such a long time away from it.

Am sending out a load of {{{healing energies}} for you both together with a {{big warm hug}}} and will be putting together an email for you in the next few days. {smile}

{{kermit}}} was lovely to read about your brother and we can now all focus on reducing the size of the lump which is presumably the scar tissue? I had similar scar tissue after my surgery for the breast cancer but that has improved so much and is now barely negible so am sure he will be fine – it just takes time doesn’t it? More {{healing energies}}} being sent to him.

Emma is doing well thank goodness – she also has a Taurus moon which you would know all about right? {grin} Mind you that is lovely for her and Scarlet (Taurus Sun) and we are all looking forward to her birthday in a few weeks time. She is having a little surprise birthday party round at Emma and Olly’s house (as she adores her cousins Archie and Darcy) so that can be a happy time for them both. {smile}

I agree with your post about the SAD as I know I am much better with sunshine and light – mind you with the Sun as my chart ruler then I would be wouldn’t I? {smile} The past few weeks has made a world of difference to me with the sun being out although now we are going back to grey skies and heavy rain tomorrow. Ah well summer will eventually be on the way in a month or two and at least I am enjoying all the spring flowers that are out now shows that winter is just about over even though we might get some snow for Easter would you believe! {smile}

Sounds as though you are going to have a good time with tree planting around you as well and am sure you will enjoy that. I hope that you are also looking after yourself dear friend (just a little ~mermaid nag~ there) {Smile}

Don’t get me started on the unions as it seems to be just one person who is high up in this particular union who is agitating for this strike. They are having meetings on Wednesday so fingers crossed (and Mercury direct again) that it can be resolves without imposing further misery on people who just want to live their lives and work and take care of their families in these economic down times.

Now there’s a thought in getting the dogs to answer the phone – I wonder if they could do the work one as well? {grin} That would be me more time for me wouldn’t it? {chuckle} Actually Nelson is coming along very well – he is here in the study with me and Shula. It is so lovely that they have buddied up and has been the best thing possible for Shula. She is most definitely the boss though and soon puts Nelson in his place if he gets a bit too boisterous. Chakhotay is now getting quite senior and it hardly seems like yesterday since he arrived here like a little black bear cub and now he is like a big black bear bless him… {Smile} He has to have painkiller medicine very day for his joints mind you I think we both know how that feels as I have to do the same every day as well. {chuckle} Nelson does like to try and challenge him though although Chakhotay is well mannered and generally ignores him but sometimes when Nelson gets a bit too much then he has to be put in his place yet again by the boss himself {smile}

Hope that B2 is doing well dear friend and sending love and {{{warm hugs}} across the Pond to you both. {smile}

{{maggy}}} hope that you now have Dan home and that you are both recovering and doing well. Sending you both some {{healing energies}}} down under and hope to hear from you soon. {{{hugs}}}

Well that is about it from me for now so I will post this and think I will have an early night of it. Will be back in the morning with my coffee and til then hope that all are well.

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS please excuse the rambliness as it is a Neptune day for me today {grin}

Just popping back in quickly as I see that the Seawolf and Esoteric astrology and mermaid guestbooks have now been taken down by Tripod. There is a new Seawolf one up and running (the link I have put on the main seawolf page and also the forums page) and I will have to change all the addresses on the pages now. I will be creating a new one for the Esoteric Astrology site and putting it there in the next week or so. So we change yet again {smile} I have saved all the old messages as at least they were kind enough to give a month's warning so they are not all lost. {Smile}

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Hello dear friends {smile}

Just popping in to say that I have now done the Esoteric astrology message board and it is linked to the first two pages of the esoteric site and also onto the Forums Page along with the Seawolf one.

Would be grateful if you would let me know what you think of them as and when you have a moment. {smile}

You can find them both on the Forums link which is

http://www.btinternet.com/~seamaid/forums.htm

love aways

mermaid...xxx

PS {{Diana}}} if you want me to add a link to your own board on the Forums then just let me know and will be very happy to do so. {smile}

Update

Hello Everyone.

Wanted to check in with an update on some things.

Firstly, Ed's health. We found out today that he has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease on top of his other illnesses, so that has been a bit of a blow. Of course, I'd already suspected it, so in that regard it is better to get the diagnosis so we can keep an eye out on it for signs of it getting worse. At the moment, they don't want to put him on any additional medications for it as his liver is not in brilliant shape due to his other health issues, and he doesn't want to have to take mes for it either. If it gets to the point where he has great difficulty even walking (which the Dr said it will eventually "get there"), then we will revisit it at that time.

The house is still wrapped up in tape as a result of the bungle on Chase's end. Yes Liz, typically a sale goes through much more smoothly than what we're experiencing, but between their representative closing the file out "accidentally, thereby creating two files, one of which must now be closed. In the meanwhile, all of the paperwork is now outdated, which means a brand new packet must be submitted and a new appraisal will need to be scheduled. So, perhaps sometime early next month, all things going well, it will finally close.

Now, on to some good news! This last Friday would have been Mom's and Dad's 55th Wedding Anniversary. I'd been really thinking of Daddy all last week, and sensed him around a couple of times, including once when we smelled his signature aroma of cut grass, as he was always puttering about and doing gardening, so he would come into the house afterward smelling like grass and clippings. Lakota reacted as though someone had reached down and patter him, as he jumped up startled and took off a few feet then sniffed the air.

Then the following day (what would have been the day before their anniversary), Mom and Donny were sitting in their living room when their phone rang. The caller idea said a local Oregon number, so thinking nothing of it, Mom answered it. There was a man's voice on the other end of the line, but it was hard for her to make out what was being said as there was a good deal of static on the line. She asked, "Who is this?" to which the voice on the other end replied, "It's your husband."

Well, needless to say, this shook her up, so she told the caller she had to go. He called out to her, "wait!" So she listened, then the caller said, "You're my wife." Mom asked again who was calling, and the man said, "It's your husband, Don. I'm here with Della." Then, the phone line just went dead, she didn't even hear a click indicating a hang up, the call just seemed to drop.

My father's mother's name was Della, not a common name by any means. Mom said it was Daddy's voice. They tried to call the number back, but got a "this number cannot be reached" message.

So, it would appear that Daddy found a way to reach out to Mom from the other side of the veil. He was always one for making sure important dates (anniversary, Christmas, Birthdays) were not missed, and it would appear he is the still that way {smiling}

Thought you all might enjoy that true story.

Liz, I like the guestbooks and think they will work out brilliantly! Also, wanted to let you know that a couple of my subscribers to my newsletter were excited to read up on your wonderful writings on the Esoteric site. I imagine they will be floating on the wonderful energies there! {grin}

Kermit, give B2 a hug from Lakota and I, and we're sending you one as well!

And to Elfina, Maggy, Hathor, Robynne, Sarah, and all others who enter, hope you're doing well.

Sending love to all who enter,
Diana

Re: Update

Just popping in quickly leave leave a {{{big warm hug}} to you dear {{Diana}}} and also {{{healing energies}}} for {{Ed}}}. I know you had an idea of what the problem was yet it must still be a shock to have it confirmed.

I am in the middle of work things here at the moment but wanted to leave a little line for you to let you know that you are both in my thoughts and I will be back probably this evening my time with a longer post.

Til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter..

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Good morning to {{all}} {smile}

Isn’t it lovely that Mercury has now gone direct as things all seem to be moving forward again. {smile} Work on the boat recommenced this week and, although she is not going to be back in the water for a few more weeks yet that is ok as I am getting back into the swing of sorting things out for her. {Smile}

It is so cold at the moment though we are lucky in that we are not covered in a goodly layer of snow as they are up north and in Scotland. The weather seems to have gone haywire as in Scotland the temperatures last week were beating all time records for being so high in March and now they have plummeted down again. Mind you we have had some much needed rain the past day or so which has been most welcomed by the garden.

We now have a hosepipe ban in place, probably for the whole of the summer (even if it rains all summer!) as the rivers and reservoirs are at their lowest for years. I am going to have to rethink some of the planters and hanging baskets this year because we will be able to water with watering cans but they are heavy for me. We have always collected rainwater in water butts all around the place anyway to conserve water and we are not one of the people who have lawn sprinklers. Grass always recovers after a drought anyway and if I was going to water grass then it would be in the paddocks for the animals to eat! {smile}

Robert came yesterday and has been weeding and digging over some of the flower beds and they look wonderful! He has re-edged the grass borders so they are not so wibbly wobbly as well. With all the water from last weekends sprinkling and the rainfall all the plants have picked up and the leaves are now bursting through on the trees so spring is most definitely here despite the coldness of the temperatures.

Talking of spring, you may remember that the children bought me a little camera with a transmitter and a nesting box a couple of Christmases back. We now have two nesting boxes and I have one near the window here in the study and the other one which we can see from the breakfast room (which has the camera in). I have been watching some Great **** going in and out of the original box by the study window so it looks as though they might be taking up residence and a pair of Blue **** are doing the same with the new one (with the camera). So for the past couple of evenings I have been eating my dinner with the TV showing the inside of the nesting box and a little Blue Tit in there preening itself and sleeping although no nest building yet. We think they are trying it out to make sure that it is safe as one stays in the box (perhaps the female) with the other one outside in the tree. Seems a bit unfair on the one outside I must admit in view of the cold weather {Smile} It has been quite fascinating though as they really fluff up to an unrecognisable fluff ball when they sleep – rather like a dandelion seed head! {chuckle} I hope that they do find it to be safe and that as soon as the weather turns again that they do nest build so they can have and (and we can see) babies there – fingers crossed for that. {smile}

Heck I can see from the clock that it is nearly time for me to make a start on my morning so I am going to pop this post in and come back and finish my responses (thank heavens for word documents!) a little bit later. Paul is going into the office this morning so I should be able to get it completed before all you dear friends across the Pond wake up! {smile} Just in case it is not until later today…

{{elfina}}} thank you so much for leaving the url in the other string re the Masters for Paul. I have sent it to both his home and work email addresses and told him about it as it is indeed a lovely site and I know he will enjoy it. Please thank Pat for thinking of him. We cannot watch the live video unfortunately as it said it is not available outside of the US but it does do a live news feed so he can enjoy that when in the office. I suspect that both he and your Pat will be glued to the TV’s over Easter don’t you? {smile}

I do hope that everyone is well in their own ~nows~ and am sending out some extra {{healing energies}}} this morning for those who need them and leaving a {{warm group hug}}} to {{all}} who may enter {smile}. So til later……

Love always

Mermaid…xxxx

Re: Greetings {{all}} again.... {smile}

Hello again dear friends {smile}

I thought I would take this opportunity to go through the posts as Paul is at the office right now and so I have an hour before he comes home to work in the study {Smile}

{{{Diana}}} sending out the request to the Universe to speed up your house sale – mind you now that Mercury has gone direct perhaps that will help as well as things certainly seem to have speeded up here on the communications front and even with work on the boat restarting up again! {smile}

Aww that was a lovely story about dear {{Don Snr}} and his little visit to you and your mom. I am sure that his little surprise visit has brought much comfort to you all bless him! It was lovely to read about it all and thank you for sharing. {{{hugs}}}

Was lovely to hear your comments re the guestbooks. I now have to go through all of the site pages and change the links but in the meantime have put a little message on the index page of the esoteric site to explain what has happened re the guestbook changeover. As I have said thank heavens Mercury is now Direct as hopefully the Universe will help me work a little faster on those. I will aim to do at least 5 pages a day so should have it finished by the end of the year! {grin}

I hope that you and {{Ed}}} are ok whilst you are both processing the latest on his health front and am sure that as and when needed you will both deal with it in your wonderful way. Am sending out some {{positive healing energies}}} for you both… {{{hugs}}}}

{{elfina}}} I am going to treat myself over Easter and ease up on the diet and allow myself some chocolate at least! {smile} I have now managed to lose 14 pounds which is brilliant (even though more to go) and so I think I can reward myself a little. The children are not coming to visit until Easter Monday as Olly and his Emma and children are away down in Devon for a wedding and won’t be back until Easter Sunday evening so we will have the Easter Egg hunt on the Monday instead. We have ordered a duck for Easter Sunday as Paul loves cooking that so I will just eat a little carefully. I know how lovely your cooking is so your neighbours are very lucky and I am surprised that anything was left over at all! {smile}

Aww poor little Scooter – he seems to have this every year doesn’t he? I seem to recall asking if prednisalone (or an anti histamine) might help him through the allergies – perhaps your veterinarian might help with that. It must be very tiring for you (and him) for him to be up all night. Isn’t he also allergic to the ivy when you return north? I remember Dinkum and Worf having their allergies yet we did manage to contain them with minimal drug dosages. (Dinks with the pred and worf with the antihistamine). Hope he is soon feeling better {{Scooter hugs}}}

I envy you your warm weather as it is so cold outside today I am back in winter sweaters today after almost short sleeved t-shirts the other week when it was in the 60’s. The joys of the British weather – not! {smile} Thank you again for the golf site for Paul I am sure he is making good use of it in the office as I write! {grin} Was lovely to see your post and I quite understand that you have been busy doing other things and not on the computer – it is just lovely when you do call by with an update. Leaving you a {{{big warm hug}} for when you look in again dear friend and sending out some extra {{healing energies}} for little {{{Scooter}}} {smile}

{{kermit}}} thank you so much for that little video with the dancing – I loved it! {smile} Hope all is well with your and {{B2}} and am continuing to send out {{healing energies}} to your brother together with {{{warm hug}} for you and {{B2}} {smile}

Well I think I will pop this post in for now and then go and have a re-read to see if I have missed out anything. I do need to do some work as well so I had best get on with that before Paul gets home {smile}

Will look back in later.. til then

Much love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: Greetings {{all}} again.... {smile}

Diana, my heart goes out to Ed and you. At least now you know what his new problem is and treatments can begin. I wish him an easier time of it, I know their is no cure but perhaps he can be more comfortable now. Sending out soothing energies to him and you too. May your lives find an easier path to follow soon. I was amazed at your Moms phone call from your Dad, she must have been mystified by it but happy just the same.

Liz, Pat was glad Paul enjoyed the golf site. He is going to be watching for sure. I just hope the rain holds off.
We are going out with our friends John and Georgia on Easter. The restaurant were we have reservations was hit by a car yesterday. The car went through the front window and door. They were able to get it fixed quickly with no structure damage so we can still go on Sunday. We are looking forward to it as it has very good ratings for the quality of the food.

I have been watching the nesting of a great blue heron on line at Cornell University. They have 4 eggs this week. I wish I had a little camera such as yours for up north. We had a dove's nest blow out of our palm tree this week. It only had one perfect little egg in it which I now have in the house near my Easter display. It was an infertile egg and the nest was not a strong one. It was probably her first attempt at laying. Perhaps she will have more luck next time.

Kermit, thanks for all the e mails. I gave Scooter half of a dog tranquilizer last night and we both sleep through the night, it was great to wake up rested for a change.

I will probably be back before Easter but if not then I wish you all a lovely and blessed Easter.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7