Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author
Comment
Re: A little ~splash through~ {smile}

aww lovely to see you pop in dear {{kermit}}} I will be back later to respond to your post but in the meantime want to share a picture taken at Olly's yesterday when we went over to Olly and Emma as it was Archie's 8th birthday on Saturday. Olly popped this on his own Facebook page with the heading

~The Old boy with the Murphster~

The have bought an Italian Hunting Dog (Spinone Italiano) puppy who is called Murphy and he is so cute so I thought I would share it here (with the Old boy). I have to say what a well behaved pup - he is so calm despite the children and has settled in really well.... {smile}

Wil be back later as I am trying to catch up with domestic things today.

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: A little ~splash through~ {smile}

Just popping in to wish everyone a very peaceful Christmas as we make ready this Christmas Eve to celebrate the Nativity.

All is well here and I hope the same for everybody who visits here. May I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas filled with peace, love and joy.

with love always

mermaid.xxx

On Christmas Morning

Just leaving a little ~something~ to celebrate the Festival {smile}

Happy Christmas to {{all}}

much love always

mermaid...xxx

A Day Late

Merry Christmas (a day late) to all.

I wrote this post "live" yesterday and lost it, so re-writing it today in notepad {grin}

Liz, that pup looks like a real sweetie indeed. The kids made a good choice on that one it appears. I do completely understand what you mean in missing Chakhotay {{hugs}}. Even though we know we shall see our beloved animal companions again on the Other Side, it does nothing to ease the ache of the missing their physical presence in the ~now~. On January 8th, it will be one year since my dear little Serena crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and I still miss her keenly. Yesterday as I was checking on the dinner, I caught a flash of black fur out of the corner of my eye, just like Serena used to do in checking to see what I was up about when she was here with us. When I turned to look, she wasn't there, but I like to believe that it was her spirit popping in for a quick "hello" on Christmas {smile}

Elfina, bless you. Sending out more healing energies your way for a full and complete recovery. I hope your knee will quickly heal and give you the relief and mobility you need.

Hathor, it was good to see a post from you. I do hope you're doing okay {{hugs}}

Kermit, thank you so much for your generous offer dear buddy. It's reassuring to know that if Ed and I ever need to get out of harm's way quickly, we have a good friend nearby {smile}. Lakota says to say hello to B2!

Ed and I had a lovely and peaceful Christmas with the two of us. In the morning, we had fresh cinnamon rolls and a cup of hot chocolate then opened presents. This is the first time in five years we've been able to give each other a present, so that was nice {smile}. We watched one of the movies we'd rented, then had a leisurely nap. Later on, as we were in between making a dinner of baked ham with maple/brown sugar and apple juice glaze, au Gratin potatoes, mixed veggies, and dinner rolls, we started watching the first season of "Downton Abbey" we'd rented. I know it's been out for awhile, but this was our first time watching it, and we've found ourselves becoming quite hooked {laughing}. Following dinner we watched another movie and by then, we were both yawning and ready for bed. It truly was a wonderful, peaceful Christmas that we wrapped up with each sharing what blessings we are grateful for this year.

On that note, I want you all to know that your friendships are part of the blessings for which I'm extremely thankful.

Love to you all,
Diana

splashing through {smile}

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

I hope that everyone has had a peaceful and joyful Christmas holiday season. We had a quiet Christmas Day which was lovely – just the two of us and Shula and Nelson. Paul has not been very well as he has a bad case of bronchitis so constant coughing – he finally went to the pharmacist yesterday and she gave him a cough medicine that I had bought for him a few weeks ago and he refused to take so now perhaps it will work and he has an extra bottle! {smile}

On Boxing Day morning I awoke to find that the heating boiler had stopped working so no heating in the main house! The temperatures had dropped to about -6C so everything was frozen outside. Time to get the fires lit and also find the few extra heaters that we had and position them around the house. I must admit I felt at times like on of the housemaids in Downton Abbey getting at up 5am to get the fire going in the big sitting room! I carted loads of logs as well. Fortunately we had a good supply of them. We called the heating engineer and left a message on their voicemail as their message said the office was closed until 5th January but if we were an existing customer to leave a message and someone would get back to us.

On Saturday, Paul was off shooting and I had a call from the heating enegineers to say that someone would come out that morning. They arrived at 9am which was brilliant but what wasn’t brilliant was that a part had gone and they wouldn’t know if they could get one until the Monday. The children and grandchildren were coming over for lunch and presents on the Sunday so I warned them to bring extra layers of clothing just in case they needed them! Paul came back from his shooting day covered in mud as he took a fall walking across a ploughed field so not a happy chappy!

Sunday was a lovely day though and the grandchildren were all very good. We also decided that this was the time where they could all actually meet the dogs as they hadn’t before because of the size of them (children and dogs). Darcy is very small and with the dogs being very large we didn’t want any of them to get bowled over when they were smaller. Nelson and Shula were brilliant although Shula was a little nervous at first as it was the first time for them that they had been present at a Christmas present opening time with children! However they were great and I took grandchildren and dogs around the fields and quarry for a walk in the afternoon! Paul said I looked liked the Pied Piper! {laughing}.

On Monday the heating engineer phoned to say the part was there and he arrived to fit it. The boiler still wouldn’t work and it transpired that the fan had gone as well so back to getting another part and he returned yesterday to fit that. Yippee we had heating again! I had to go to the osteopath in the afternoon (fortunately already booked from when I locked my neck up before Christmas) and she was able to sort my neck out again and my back after shifting all the logs! So yesterday evening was lovely being pain free and a warm house without having to constantly top up fires! It is still cold though and looking outside everything is white though fortunately the forecast says it will warm up slightly for tomorrow so that is a relief for sure. I must admit getting outside to sort out the sheep and the frozen water trough has been a bit of a challenge these past few mornings I must admit.

Paul bought me an iPad Mini for Christmas which is brilliant. When we are on the boat he has commandeered my iPad to watch Sky Sports on it so now I can still use the mini especially as I have Kindle on it as well as my Kindle. It is easier to read on the iPads as the screen is brighter.

I will pop this post in for now as looking at the time I see I need to go and wake Paul and get the animals done. Dorothy is here today as well so I will be back later to respond to post and also to write a little more {smile}

Til then… leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} and sending out {{healing energies}} to those who need them.

With love always

Mermaid xxxx

Re: splashing through {smile}

HAPPY NEW YEARS MY FRIENDS.Have safe and happy NEW YEAR AND BE HEALTHY THE YEAR THROUGH.

LIGHT, LOVE & PEACE; Kermit ad Friends + B2 {{{hugs}}} and lots o love

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13