Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author
Comment
Re: A little ~splash through~

Hello dear friends {smile}

this is just a quick ~splash through~ at the moment to let dear {[kermit}} know that I have just sent a one liner to him.

{{kermit}} I think you missed the "s" off as I have sent to the address that you put in your earlier message here. I would strongly recommend that you get Firefox as it is much better than IE8 - I haven't used I Exploer for donkey's years {Smile}

It has been a busy week thus far and today is going to be no exception. Hope to be back later this evening with more of an update. Til then I hope all are well and leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter [smile}

with lvoe always

mermaid...xxx

Re: A little ~splash through~

Hi guys,

Mermaid, the address is khaines5@hughes.net

There was a a mix up when I signed on. Not only was the address goofed but my pass word too. So the simplest thing was to make that minor change.

Hmmm, I must be getting old as I no longer like change, GEES HELP. :-)

I WAS having problems with typing on the lap top and then the cursor went bad; The 'puter tech I use was not answering my calls so while my brother, John, was here and he had his tablet we got this new 'puter. It sure has been a learning curve for me but I am slowly getting there.

Please use the typed addressed. I am still using incredimail and I am using Firefox. IE8 is a pain as far as I'm concerned but then I'm not used to it yet. The touch screen is good, whew, keeping it clean is another thing.

As long as I have my e mail through incredimail and can do some small things I'm happy-really doesn't take much for me to be happy these days. Eyes open and a pinch hurts in the morning and I'm set to go.

ENJOY MY FRIEND AND B2 SAY HI.

Stewart

Quick Hello

Hello to all.

What a hectic couple of it's been since last dropping by here, but now we have a little mini break before.the next whirlwind of activity.

Ed and I both had been completely knackered (as our dear Mermaid puts it) and taking 3-4 hour naps. We did get some important testing done for me and some key Dr appointments finished for both of us though, so venturing out into the 110° heat to do so was ultimately worth it. Thank heavens for air conditioning though!

A friend of mine shared this awesome link with me of an astrologer that "plays out" the various Zodiac signs and it was quite funny. If you get a chance, take a look at you Sun/Moon/Ascendant signs, I think you'll find her take quite amusing (grin)

http://www.viralnanonews.com/#!woman-acts-all-12-zodiac-personalities/c1rgv

Liz, hoping you don't overwork yourself sweetie, and Kermit, stay cool my friend. And to Hathor, Robynne, Elfina, I hope you're all doing ok. Please stop by when you can to let us know how you are.

Love to all,
Diana

Re: A little Update

Happy Birthday Diana,

Wishing you heaps of health and happiness for the coming year.
The big 50.. woohoo!!!

Very glad to hear Ed's health is improving, please take care of your own too.

Am adding this link, (hope it works) so you can party Marae style, it makes me feel cheerful so hope it does for you too.

Lotsa love
Robynne

Happy Birthday dear {{{Diana}}}}

Just splashing through to leave a little ~something~ for you dear friend. I have used this one many years ago but it seemed to me to be just right for you today {smile)

I hope you have a wonderful birthday sweetie filled with love and laughter.

with love and {{{warm birthday hugs}}}}

always

mermaid...xxx

PS we have been away on the boat - I will write up a post for tomorrow and leave today for dear {{Diana's}}} birthday celebration {smile}

Re: Happy Birthday dear {{{Diana}}}}

Aww, thank you both so much for the birthday wishes!

Robynne, The video brought a smile to my face and allowed me a glimpse at an amazing people and a beautiful land. Thank you!

Liz, that is one of my all time favorite pictures and was wonderful to see it again (smile). The card you sent was just gorgeous, I wafted along in it and played it again, because I enjoyed it so much. Thanks dear friend!

Was a peaceful, nice birthday with Ed and I. Now, before bed I'll be curling up for a chapter or two of book 5 in the Song of Ice and Fire series, "A Dance with Dragons."

Hoping all are well, and ,leaving love and ((hugs)) to all.

Diana

~splashing~ through on a sunny morning {smile}

Good morning dear friends [smile}

It has been a busy few days thus far this week but my goodness what a difference in the garden – it is looking absolutely wonderful! {smile}

Yesterday we had the men with hedgecutters and chainsaws and strimmers getting the hedges into order and a path strimmed through the hayfield and round the quarry to get rid of thistles and some of the nettles. Evalina has been working wonders in the last of the big flower bedsand we now have a full 12 metre skip to be collected. {smile}

I have to mow the lawns today or tomorrow as the weather is set fair until the weekend when we will then have some welcome rain. Last weekend we spent a couple of nights on the boat as I was so tired after gardening with Evalina last week so that was a nice break although we had to go home Saturday morning for a while as there was a problem with one of the sheep.

The vet is coming today to check up on dear {{chakhotay}} who is still with us and enjoying the summer. I guess he is a bit like me managing to enjoy life with the aid of anti inflammatory drugs and painkillers but what the heck as long as we can both continue then that is brilliant and we keep a quality of life {smiling}

{{Diana}}} aww am so glad that you enjoyed your birthday and I have read those books a year or so ago. The engineer who comes to service the AGA had recommended them so I got them all on my Kindle. I think the series Game of Thrones is based on them but I have not watched it and don’t plan to as I prefer to keep my own version of the characters in my mind {Smile} I always have a chat with him about what good books to read and if you like that series then you might like some by Raymond E Feist starting with “the Magician” {smile} I hope youa re enjoying a little respite from the heat dear friend I know I really couldn’t live in those temperatures as the high heat just sucks the energy out of me. Mind you when it is hot I just go into Mediterranean mode and have a siesta in the afternoon when it is really hot {smile} I will check out the astrology link over the weekend as I know I will have a little more time to myself as in the evenings I am just too tired for my own things at the moment so have been going to bed around 9pm.

As you can see I have had lots of help this past fortnight to get the garden straight so although I have been on my feet a lot as well it has been worth it. Summer is always busy because of the boat with lots of charters coming in and the public cruises etc so it makes it doubly busy as regards garden and our own boat but hopefully next year things will ease down with the younger ones taking more workload of us with the business. Paul should have the results of his biopsy in another week and we are thinking positively that no news is good news because bad news always travels faster {smile} He has an appointment with his consultant next week anyway. He has been dealing with it very well really and has actually been pottering around the garden as well so that is good too {Smile}

Hope that {{ed’s}} (and your) health continues to improve dear friend and that you are both enjoying life together. I know it is his birthday soon as well (senior moment here as I have forgotten the date) so please pass on Happy birthday wishes for me to him. Love and {{hugs}} to you dear friend {smile}

{{robbyne} How lovely to see you pop in sweetie and hope that all is well in your own ~now~. It is winter time in your part of the world so hope that it isn’t too cold for you. Do call back soon and let us know how you are doing {{{hugs}}} I will check out that video later today as well as I am running out of time here and want to get this catch up post finished before I have to start my morning. {Smile}

I believe it is also {{robin’s}} birthday though I fear I am a little late so am sending out some {{Happy birthday wishes}}} across the Pond as we don’t see her in here at the moment.

{{elfina}} I hope that all is well with you sweetie and that you have finally caught up with everything in your Northern home. I also hope that Pat is now healed after his surgeries. Love and {{hugs}} to you also dear friend.

{{Hathor}} if you look in can you send me a one liner so that I can put your address on this laptop please. I hope that you are healing up well now after the surgery and that there are not too many side effects to the treatment {{healing energies and hugs}} to you sweetie {smile}

{{Kermit}} gladwe have the email thinggie finally sorted and I do know how challenging it can be to keep changing and updating computers and operating systems etc but we manage don’t we? {smile} Hope all is ok with you and {{B2}} and sending both of you a {{{big warm hug}}}

Well that is about it from me this morning as I have to make a start on my day. Dorothy is here today and also Evalina and then Emma is coming later this morning for a work meeting so my time should be fully taken up this morning and then I can get the lawns done this afternoon. I do hope all are well and am hopeful that those who have not been posting recently will find that the posts take now that I have sorted out the anti spam stuff with Bravenet and also that Mercury has finally gone direct! {smile}

Leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter…

Much love always

Mermaid…xxx

Happiest to you dear Diana (just when Merc goes D). Good timing girl!

Hope your year ahead is full of fun and sunshine. God Bless You.

Love,

Hathor XX

Hello dear Hathor, it's good to see you! Thank you for the Birthday well wishes, and I hope you're doing well.

My Solar Return looks to be quite full of energy and change afoot. A Kite dominates the chart this Solar Year involving the Sun as the tail in the 6th house, Neptune in the 1st and Saturn in the 11th as the wings, and Pluto as the apex in the 12th! There's also a Cardinal Grand Cross to add just enough force and tension to get the wafty Kite off the ground, so should be an interesting year (grin)

Liz, I'm glad to hear about the help with the garden/landscaping you've had, but I do wish the younger ones could start stepping in to start managing the business side of things so you and Paul can truly retire. Keeping him in my thoughts and hoping the biopsy comes back with favorable results.

Robynne, is great to see you dear friend,and hopimg you're getting along well.

Kermit, we had a lovely monsoon squall last night here with lots of rain, thunder,and lightning. Have you had any of that yet in NM?

Elfina, am a bit worried about you as well and hoping you're doing ok.

Best to head off now, but hoping all who celebrate Independence Day enjoys this 4th of July weekend.

,ove,
Diana

PS

I forgot to say thank you Liz for the referral to the Magician book, I'll definitely check it out. I looked up similar books to the Song of Ice and Fire series and saw six books in a series called the Green Riders that should be good.

I know what you mean as far as how you've invisioned the characters in your mind's eye as I read the first book (A Game of Thrones) long before the HBO series came out, but I must say that they've done a truly remarkable job overall. In particular, the casting and acting of Tyrion, Jamie, Tywin, Arya, Jon Snow, and even some of the "lesser"roles like the Hound and Hodor. I truly think you'd enjoy the series.

Okies, gone for real now
XXOOXX

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13