UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bruce Vanderpool 1969 ‎– Bittersweet (Mountain Music From The City)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvpy06vGrrY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxr8sIIpFbE

Wow! Came across this gem this morning and been playing the album all day. A truly great LP by someone with a huge abundance of talent. Creative, inventive, musically pleasing ... yeah! I sing the praises of this one as it's truly worth the attention of any discerning music lover. Shades of James Taylor in his voice, but a bit harder. Meaningful lyrics and great tunes, put together with an abundance of love and talent. Superb!

Recorded in 1969 in upstate New York by Raydar Records.

In addition to making this limited edition album, Bruce Vanderpool also opened concerts for the likes of Procol Harum, Bonnie Raitt, Bob Segar, Boz Scaggs and others. Some have described this as a "dreamy folk psych with beautiful electric guitar backing and strong introspective vocals . . ." Others have described it as a blend of electric and acoustic guitar with poetic lyrics and harmony.
Collector's Weekly has identified this album as a highly sought after item.

Original artwork created by Carol Crooks, now Carol Vanderpool (Bruce's wife), comprises the front cover and both the front and back covers are pasted on. As a result, the plastic cover on all new albums with original covers had to be cut to enable application of the covers. Some album covers are also signed by Bruce Vanderpool. Check it out and you'll see that previous ones like that (there are only a few out there) have gone for over US$1,500 on eBay and elsewhere. You aren't gonna get one even if you have the money [which you probably don't].

Unfortunately, the quality of the vinyl rip of the whole album on youtube leaves a lot to be desired - but - no worries, mates! I got me a damn fine rip at 320kbps with artwork I'm willing to share with [almost] anyone for educational and evaluation purposes, not for resale and in accordance with the USA Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976 and under UK law for the purposes of non-commercial research and/or study, criticism or review.
Just ask me, your brother in music, Steve. :innocent: